Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? 17:13 - May 10 with 11830 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Lot of boycotting. Israel televote landslide victory incoming and the future of Eurovision to be put into huge doubt in the aftermath. Chaos.

They’re 2/1 now to win outright after being 40/1 yesterday lunchtime before the semi final vote in Italy was leaked. The Dutch bloke being likely kicked out for punching one of the Israeli delegation today too for mocking his dead dad adds to the shenanigans.

It’s always political. We all know that. But this is way worse this year. The Israeli singer was booed throughout and yet the crowd noise was muzzled and replaced with fake cheers over the tv which seems to have increased the tensions.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 17:55 - May 11 with 1823 viewspointofblue

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 15:40 - May 11 by The_Romford_Blue

On music alone, the 40/1 for Israel on Thursday was about right. But seeing them win 39% of the public vote in the leaked Italy vote for the semi final meant they went into near enough fav as that level of support is unprecedented without a contrived and planned voting campaign.

I like France actually and have a small bet each way at huge prices with them likely winning the jury vote but unfortunately Slimanes fantastic vocals fell apart in the jury final yesterday as he lost his voice somewhat mid performance.

Best bet is Estonia top 10 at 7/1. Think it’ll be popular. Outright bets are France and Italy e/w. The former also for the jury vote at 9/4 but that’ll be gone now after his voice cracking.

Reckon the Croatians win myself but they’ve always been too short.

The only thing I would say is it's easier for diehard fans to take control of the semi final votes compared to the final, with far fewer viewers. I wouldn't be surprised if they're up there but not in top spot. I have to wonder if a few juries may hold them back whereas, in a 'normal' year, it's a song they're more likely to get behind.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 18:23 - May 11 with 1743 viewsClapham_Junction

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 12:02 - May 11 by BanksterDebtSlave

Any idea why? Are Egypt allowed too?

EddyJ has already answered substantially, but yes, Egypt could too. Morocco did (in 1980).

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 18:51 - May 11 with 1669 viewsnoggin

Good to see the Norwegian announcer making a stand against the genocide.

Poll: If KM goes now, will you applaud him when he returns with his new club?

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 19:13 - May 11 with 1624 viewsGlory_Hunter

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 18:51 - May 11 by noggin

Good to see the Norwegian announcer making a stand against the genocide.

What they say?
Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 19:15 - May 11 with 1601 viewsnoggin

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 19:13 - May 11 by Glory_Hunter

What they say?

Refusing to announce Norwegian votes.

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 19:24 - May 11 with 1573 viewsGlory_Hunter

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 19:15 - May 11 by noggin

Refusing to announce Norwegian votes.

I'm being dim, sorry.

To what purpose does refusing to announce their votes help, unless the implication is the votes are for the Israeli entry?
Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 19:33 - May 11 with 1543 viewsJ2BLUE

Had a couple of quid on Ireland to win, to be top 5 and to win televote.

Exactly the sort of rubbish people will rally around to try and stop Israel winning the televote.

Small bet on Estonia top 15 as well, cheers Rommers.

Will watch MK Dons/Crawley and then watch the votes.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 19:44 - May 11 with 1491 viewsnoggin

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 19:24 - May 11 by Glory_Hunter

I'm being dim, sorry.

To what purpose does refusing to announce their votes help, unless the implication is the votes are for the Israeli entry?

It shows her disgust at Israel being allowed to take part. She won't change the world but her conscience will be good.
[Post edited 11 May 19:45]

Login to get fewer ads

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 19:45 - May 11 with 1498 viewsSwansea_Blue

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 12:02 - May 11 by TheSweeny

Won't watch it, but will vote Israel just to trigger the BBC.

And Greta.

Quite right too. The most important thing here is to try and troll a young woman who just wants a better world. It’s important to hate in the right way and one that goes against our own interests is absolutely the way to go about it.
[Post edited 11 May 19:46]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 20:36 - May 11 with 1381 viewsGlory_Hunter

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 19:44 - May 11 by noggin

It shows her disgust at Israel being allowed to take part. She won't change the world but her conscience will be good.
[Post edited 11 May 19:45]

Fair enough.
Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 20:39 - May 11 with 1359 viewsJ2BLUE

Bloody hell, a genuinely good Eurovision song. Who knew that was possible?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 20:45 - May 11 with 1300 viewsnoggin

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 20:39 - May 11 by J2BLUE

Bloody hell, a genuinely good Eurovision song. Who knew that was possible?

You obviously don't remember Kisses For Me by BHOM.

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 20:48 - May 11 with 1277 viewsGlasgowBlue

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 19:45 - May 11 by Swansea_Blue

Quite right too. The most important thing here is to try and troll a young woman who just wants a better world. It’s important to hate in the right way and one that goes against our own interests is absolutely the way to go about it.

As opposed to trolling a young Israeli woman trying to bring music to her countrymen and women, less than a year after so many young people were raped, mutilated and murdered at a music festival in Israel.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 21:02 - May 11 with 1207 viewsiamatractorboy

Ireland the best by a country mile so far.
Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 21:11 - May 11 with 1171 views_clive_baker_

UK entry is absolutely horrendous
Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 21:12 - May 11 with 1154 viewsBent_double

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 21:11 - May 11 by _clive_baker_

UK entry is absolutely horrendous

It's a good Eurovision song, but he's a terrible and weak singer. I see nil points ahead.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 21:14 - May 11 with 1145 views_clive_baker_

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 21:12 - May 11 by Bent_double

It's a good Eurovision song, but he's a terrible and weak singer. I see nil points ahead.

Doesn’t deserve many points to be fair. Bottom 3 of the ones that have gone so far IMO.
Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 21:23 - May 11 with 1071 viewsHugoagogo_Reborn

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 21:12 - May 11 by Bent_double

Did the UK not learn anything from 2022? Get a bloody good songwriting duo, a thoroughly nice music act, and write a really good song. Place 2nd, and would have won it, too, if the Ukraine political scene was different.

Seems like they've since just reverted back to type - trying too hard to write a "Eurovision song" and overtly simpering at the gay audience members. It's embarrassing. Null points from me
Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 21:31 - May 11 with 1049 viewsfooters

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 19:45 - May 11 by Swansea_Blue

I believe some 'elite level' posters were even joking about shagging her. Her being an autistic teenager.

So far, so small, so sad. But there we are. Frustration at life is an awful thing to feel, especially if you're considering a bariatric toilet and haven't kissed a girl in years.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 21:34 - May 11 with 1019 viewsmalbec_blue

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 20:48 - May 11 by GlasgowBlue

As opposed to trolling a young Israeli woman trying to bring music to her countrymen and women, less than a year after so many young people were raped, mutilated and murdered at a music festival in Israel.

I admit to have not been following this closely but cannot see where Swansea_Blue has done that.

Apologies if I've misunderstood.
Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 21:35 - May 11 with 1015 viewsmalbec_blue

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 21:31 - May 11 by footers

I believe some 'elite level' posters were even joking about shagging her. Her being an autistic teenager.

So far, so small, so sad. But there we are. Frustration at life is an awful thing to feel, especially if you're considering a bariatric toilet and haven't kissed a girl in years.

Wtf is wrong with people?
Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 21:40 - May 11 with 995 viewsfooters

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 21:35 - May 11 by malbec_blue

Wtf is wrong with people?

Quite a lot.

Isolation and inadequacy my top bets.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 22:02 - May 11 with 894 viewsSE1blue

How is Croatia favourite?

Terrible.

Poll: Should VAR be scrapped?
Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 22:38 - May 11 with 769 viewsSarge

My top 5 is
1) Finland
2) Ukraine
3) Switzerland
4) Norway
5) Croatia (in the sad absence of the Netherlands)

If one of those doesn’t win it will be a travesty
Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 22:46 - May 11 with 700 viewsSE1blue

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 22:38 - May 11 by Sarge

My top 5 is
1) Finland
2) Ukraine
3) Switzerland
4) Norway
5) Croatia (in the sad absence of the Netherlands)

If one of those doesn’t win it will be a travesty

In no particular order:
Armenia
France
Luxembourg
Ireland
Finland

Poll: Should VAR be scrapped?
Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024