Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? 17:13 - May 10 with 11161 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Lot of boycotting. Israel televote landslide victory incoming and the future of Eurovision to be put into huge doubt in the aftermath. Chaos.

They’re 2/1 now to win outright after being 40/1 yesterday lunchtime before the semi final vote in Italy was leaked. The Dutch bloke being likely kicked out for punching one of the Israeli delegation today too for mocking his dead dad adds to the shenanigans.

It’s always political. We all know that. But this is way worse this year. The Israeli singer was booed throughout and yet the crowd noise was muzzled and replaced with fake cheers over the tv which seems to have increased the tensions.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 11:44 - May 12 with 792 viewsGlasgowBlue

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 10:37 - May 12 by leitrimblue

I don't think it's to controversial to suggest that countries involved in apartheid and genocide probably shouldn't be invited to polite events like Eurovision or world cups etc

What qualifies you to rule that Eden should carry the blame for everything that has happened in Gaza? She is a performer, who was there on behalf of her country’s public broadcaster, not the Israeli government. As the Eurovision organisers clearly stated, Eurovision is ‘not a competition between governments’.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 11:52 - May 12 with 805 viewsleitrimblue

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 11:44 - May 12 by GlasgowBlue

What qualifies you to rule that Eden should carry the blame for everything that has happened in Gaza? She is a performer, who was there on behalf of her country’s public broadcaster, not the Israeli government. As the Eurovision organisers clearly stated, Eurovision is ‘not a competition between governments’.

Countries involved in genocide and apartheid should not be invited into polite competitions. It's quite simple really
Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 11:58 - May 12 with 785 viewsredrickstuhaart

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 11:39 - May 12 by TheSweeny

Thoughts are with you and the BBC at this difficult time.

Are you proud of showing support for a nation committing appalling crimes against humanity?
Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 11:59 - May 12 with 777 viewsredrickstuhaart

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 10:18 - May 12 by Whos_blue

In isolation, your last sentence captures the spirit of the song perfectly Glassers.
Sadly, it's just become impossible to separate that and current systematic dismantling of Gaza by the state of Israel.
Israel are starting to lose important allies on the international scene. The US have sent a strong message already and Cameron has said this morning that the UK doesn't support an attack on Rafa and also criticised Israel's lack of consideration for aid to the tens of thousands of displaced Palestinians.
Whilst a strong performance in a signing contest may be a welcome filip for Israel in the current climate, it seems fairly inconsequential in the grand scheme of things.
Netanyahu is seemingly a power crazy lunatic and the damage he is doing to the reputation of Israel may set the state back for years, maybe decades.
Anyhoo, not sure how a thread about europop has ended up here!

Regrettably Cameron and this government remain weak on this and offer their tacit support by continuing to supply the means for Israel to carry on.
Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 12:10 - May 12 with 741 viewsRyorry

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 12:21 - May 12 with 716 viewsvictorywilhappen

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 10:37 - May 12 by leitrimblue

I don't think it's to controversial to suggest that countries involved in apartheid and genocide probably shouldn't be invited to polite events like Eurovision or world cups etc

As much as it maybe inconvenient to acknowledge, The USA could be put in that basket. But i guess they only own our club not compete in the Eurovision.

If you want to play boycott ball you need to apply the same rules everywhere.
Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 12:23 - May 12 with 695 viewsredrickstuhaart

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 12:21 - May 12 by victorywilhappen

As much as it maybe inconvenient to acknowledge, The USA could be put in that basket. But i guess they only own our club not compete in the Eurovision.

If you want to play boycott ball you need to apply the same rules everywhere.

Where is the US currently invading and committing genocide?
Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 12:24 - May 12 with 661 viewsGlasgowBlue

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 12:23 - May 12 by redrickstuhaart

Where has it been ruled that Israel is committing genocide?
[Post edited 12 May 12:24]

Iron Lion Zion

Login to get fewer ads

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 12:28 - May 12 with 642 viewsvictorywilhappen

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 12:23 - May 12 by redrickstuhaart

Native Ameican genocide is ongoing.

Cultural genocide via capitalism is invasive into every aspect of our lives that you have chosen to ignore it?.
Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 12:29 - May 12 with 626 viewsredrickstuhaart

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 12:28 - May 12 by victorywilhappen

Cultural genocide via capitalism is invasive into every aspect of our lives that you have chosen to ignore it?.

Oh come on.
Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 12:30 - May 12 with 611 viewsvictorywilhappen

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 12:29 - May 12 by redrickstuhaart

Oh come on.

?

Uncomfortable?
Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 12:32 - May 12 with 577 viewsredrickstuhaart

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 12:30 - May 12 by victorywilhappen

?

Uncomfortable?

Not remotely. To even start to put those things on the table as comparable to what israel are currently doing in Gaza is silly.
Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 12:33 - May 12 with 560 viewsnoggin

Native Brits are also being driven from their homeland, to Benidorm.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 12:33 - May 12 with 553 viewsWhos_blue

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 12:24 - May 12 by GlasgowBlue

Where has it been ruled that Israel is committing genocide?
[Post edited 12 May 12:24]

I don't know the answer to this Glassers, but how should it be described?
I had a go earlier and described it as "the systematic dismantling of Gaza".
Whatever we agree it is, we must now all surely understand this has gone beyond the right to defend oneself?

Edit.

I should also add that I agree the Israeli singer is unfairly baring the brunt of the anger of those opposed to Israel's currently military operations in Gaza.
[Post edited 12 May 12:38]

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 12:38 - May 12 with 522 viewsvictorywilhappen

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 12:32 - May 12 by redrickstuhaart

Not remotely. To even start to put those things on the table as comparable to what israel are currently doing in Gaza is silly.

Please explain why native American genocide ( established) matters less than the genocide you are against (if it is the term you wish to use- which has not yet been established). Why is it not ongoing?

It's not silly to ask why your genocide is the only one you want to get ratty over.
Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 12:41 - May 12 with 497 viewsWhos_blue

I understand the point victors, but however well made it is, that feels a bit of a stretch in this context.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 12:42 - May 12 with 493 viewsredrickstuhaart

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 12:38 - May 12 by victorywilhappen

Please explain why native American genocide ( established) matters less than the genocide you are against (if it is the term you wish to use- which has not yet been established). Why is it not ongoing?

It's not silly to ask why your genocide is the only one you want to get ratty over.

Saying "established" doesn't establish anything. What on earth are you on about?

Are we talking historical here? Or have I missed the Navy Seals storming reservations and spraying the locals with gunfire whilst claiming to be chasing some terrorists?
Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 12:44 - May 12 with 471 viewsJ2BLUE

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 11:58 - May 12 by redrickstuhaart

Are you proud of showing support for a nation committing appalling crimes against humanity?

I'm proud of showing support for an innocent young woman being targeted and bullied.

Quite happy to criticise the Israeli government but not going to blame her for their actions anymore than innocent Palestinians for the actions of Hamas.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 12:44 - May 12 with 468 viewsredrickstuhaart

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 12:44 - May 12 by J2BLUE

I'm proud of showing support for an innocent young woman being targeted and bullied.

Quite happy to criticise the Israeli government but not going to blame her for their actions anymore than innocent Palestinians for the actions of Hamas.

Im not blaming her for anything. I don't think she should have been invited though. Anymore than Russia were.
Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 12:45 - May 12 with 464 viewsvictorywilhappen

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 12:42 - May 12 by redrickstuhaart

Saying "established" doesn't establish anything. What on earth are you on about?

Are we talking historical here? Or have I missed the Navy Seals storming reservations and spraying the locals with gunfire whilst claiming to be chasing some terrorists?

I gave you more credit.

Have a think. Maybe we can chat another day.
Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 12:46 - May 12 with 451 viewsredrickstuhaart

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 12:45 - May 12 by victorywilhappen

I gave you more credit.

Have a think. Maybe we can chat another day.

That which is asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence...
Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 12:46 - May 12 with 443 viewsGlasgowBlue

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 12:33 - May 12 by Whos_blue

I don't know the answer to this Glassers, but how should it be described?
I had a go earlier and described it as "the systematic dismantling of Gaza".
Whatever we agree it is, we must now all surely understand this has gone beyond the right to defend oneself?

Edit.

I should also add that I agree the Israeli singer is unfairly baring the brunt of the anger of those opposed to Israel's currently military operations in Gaza.
[Post edited 12 May 12:38]

The ICJ get to rule on what is and what isn't genocide. The ICJ President said that the court did not find there's a plausible case of genocide.

I agree with your final sentence, and have done for some time. I disagree strongly with how the Israeli government is conducting parts of this war against Hamas. but I think we need to be more careful with the language being used. And I certainly don't think bullying and threatening a 20 year old woman is the way express solidarity with the Palestinian people.
[Post edited 12 May 12:50]

Iron Lion Zion

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 12:47 - May 12 with 424 viewsGlasgowBlue

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 12:44 - May 12 by J2BLUE

This.

Iron Lion Zion

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 12:48 - May 12 with 428 viewsJ2BLUE

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 12:44 - May 12 by redrickstuhaart

Im not blaming her for anything. I don't think she should have been invited though. Anymore than Russia were.

Russia should have been invited.

It's everything Putin hates.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 12:49 - May 12 with 409 viewsredrickstuhaart

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 12:48 - May 12 by J2BLUE

Russia should have been invited.

It's everything Putin hates.

I can see that argument.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024