Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dozzell released by QPR… 13:03 - May 12 with 4771 viewsRegencyBlue

It will be interesting to see where he goes now.

Dozzell released by QPR… on 22:56 - May 12 with 575 viewsfranz_tyson

Dozzell released by QPR… on 22:26 - May 12 by Coastalblue

Totally disagree and think it goes to show how much luck and being in the right place at the right time is every bit as important as ability.

If he were here now, as a 15 year old, getting the guidance he would get now he could end up being the player we all hoped he'd be.

Please explain what you mean? We've had plenty of young kids who've been let go under the McKenna reign because they've just not been good enough. Dozzell has got a father as an ex-pro .... surely that's an advantage. What about Klug? Isn't he a top youth coach. McKenna can't apply his magic to just anyone. Somewhere down the line he's got to take responsibility for himself. He's 25 now... he's not a kid anymore. I'm sure no-one advised him not to tackle or not to run too hard.
Dozzell released by QPR… on 23:43 - May 12 with 498 viewsCoastalblue

Dozzell released by QPR… on 22:56 - May 12 by franz_tyson

Please explain what you mean? We've had plenty of young kids who've been let go under the McKenna reign because they've just not been good enough. Dozzell has got a father as an ex-pro .... surely that's an advantage. What about Klug? Isn't he a top youth coach. McKenna can't apply his magic to just anyone. Somewhere down the line he's got to take responsibility for himself. He's 25 now... he's not a kid anymore. I'm sure no-one advised him not to tackle or not to run too hard.

I will respond to this, though not looking for an argument, more a debate. Tonight though I've had a very long day, followed by a few beverages now.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Dozzell released by QPR… on 00:09 - May 13 with 485 viewsBlueschev

Dozzell released by QPR… on 20:47 - May 12 by Jimmy86

I loved Kevin Bru! Even though he thought people were booing him, but they were indeed shouting BRUUUUUUUUU

I was shouting Bruurns.
Dozzell released by QPR… on 06:19 - May 13 with 406 viewsfranz_tyson

Dozzell released by QPR… on 23:43 - May 12 by Coastalblue

I will respond to this, though not looking for an argument, more a debate. Tonight though I've had a very long day, followed by a few beverages now.

I'm not looking for an argument but I still can't see what the fuss there is about Dozzell and I can't see how he would fit in a Mckenna side. I've heard this so often about departed academy players ( Bishop, Dozzell, Lankester) that all they needed was Mckennas coaching. But we recruited well and brought together a great group of players with great desire, great never-say-die attitude and willingness to improve. I can't see Dozzell in that squad amongst those players no matter what coaching he would get. I would say coaching is two-way and Mckenna can't just sprinkle magic dust on anyone.
Dozzell released by QPR… on 07:07 - May 13 with 374 viewsBlueandTruesince82

One might wonder if the issue with Andre was that he always just expected to be good, ex pro dad, all the technical ability, no doubt tbe best at school and in his age group all through growing up, when the physical side wwas less important..... did he ever really need to try?

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Dozzell released by QPR… on 11:57 - May 13 with 243 viewsITFC_Forever

Dozzell released by QPR… on 21:11 - May 12 by TractorWood

Didn't QPR call him the magician? Because he disappeared for games on end?

LFWs called him Andre The Friendly Ghost.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024