Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sarmiento 12:32 - May 13 with 2461 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I could see him being available to sign on a permanent deal.

He's 22 in June, and has struggled to get into the starting XI of two Championship clubs.

I wouldn't be surprised if we signed him on a perm, as a squad player with potential to make the first team.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Sarmiento on 12:34 - May 13 with 2249 viewskizaitfc

I agree, I know Brighton like to keep players with potential, but De Zerbi said himself he has been a bit part player for both ITFC and WBA. I suspect he may look at that and feel he is a long way off being part of Brighton's plans.

But I think you are right he would make a great squad player should the price be reasonable.

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Sarmiento on 12:36 - May 13 with 2222 viewsBossy

I agree.

Roberto De Zerbi's language is the sort of thing you'd say if you were trying to bump up his price too. I know a lot can't be read into these statements as they usually come off the back of being asked a question in a press conference, so it's maybe confirmation bias.

However, I think it's fairly likely he'll join us. 70/30 or so if the price is right.

Poll: Should there be stickied threads for hot topics (e.g. matchday/McKenna rumours)?

Sarmiento on 12:43 - May 13 with 2116 viewsLeoMuff

Sarmiento on 12:36 - May 13 by Bossy

I agree.

Roberto De Zerbi's language is the sort of thing you'd say if you were trying to bump up his price too. I know a lot can't be read into these statements as they usually come off the back of being asked a question in a press conference, so it's maybe confirmation bias.

However, I think it's fairly likely he'll join us. 70/30 or so if the price is right.

Wonder what the price would be, got a deal until summer 27 so not all that cheap I would think.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Sarmiento on 12:46 - May 13 with 2095 viewskizaitfc

Sarmiento on 12:43 - May 13 by LeoMuff

Wonder what the price would be, got a deal until summer 27 so not all that cheap I would think.

You say that but there could be a risk he goes out on loan next season and has a similar experience to what he had WBA, where he rarely played or made any impact.

HE could be one of those players who has various loans and never comes to much and ultimately Brighton either sell him for cheap a couple of seasons on or could get to the stage where they have to release him on a free once his contract runs up.

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Sarmiento on 12:46 - May 13 with 2096 viewssouthnorfolkblue

If he's struggled to get regular game time with 2 Championship sides I'm not sure why you would make him a permanent signing for the Premier League. He came up with some massive moments for us, but not sure he did enough on a regular basis to justify having him back

Poll: Our final position

Sarmiento on 12:51 - May 13 with 2020 viewsEuropablue

Sarmiento on 12:46 - May 13 by southnorfolkblue

If he's struggled to get regular game time with 2 Championship sides I'm not sure why you would make him a permanent signing for the Premier League. He came up with some massive moments for us, but not sure he did enough on a regular basis to justify having him back

He was only with us for half a season. He might not have been great when starting games, but having a player that makes that kind of impact off the bench would be invaluable.
Sarmiento on 12:57 - May 13 with 1935 viewsExiled2Surrey

Sarmiento on 12:51 - May 13 by Europablue

He was only with us for half a season. He might not have been great when starting games, but having a player that makes that kind of impact off the bench would be invaluable.

I also think that if you consider his trajectory during his time at PR, the player at the end of the period contributed so much more than the one at the beginning of the loan spell - so you can't really take an average over his time.

Am sure that there will be other options out there that McKenna can mould to his requirements, but he made a great impression.
Sarmiento on 12:58 - May 13 with 1929 viewsBossy

He's still young and different players have different ages when they peak. His ball control is naturally very high, if you watch him on the pitch in the warmup, he easily has the best control of the ball and feel. He has a lot of energy, he can run with the ball but I think he needs more game time to improve his in-game decision making.

I suspect he hasn't been coached to as high a standard as he has with McKenna and given more time will develop further.

I can see him being a very good impact sub as that is how we know McKenna likes to use subs, ie take off 3/4 attacking players and bring in another 3/4 and go again. I think McKenna is the first to innovate in this way regarding the new 5 sub rules.

With this in mind I see him as an incredibly good member of the squad, he's a very good impact player as a sub and could provide short to mid term cover for injuries.

McKenna clearly values squad integrity and familiarity, so I can see him wanting to keep the squad together as much as possible.

The price has to be right though.
[Post edited 13 May 12:59]

Poll: Should there be stickied threads for hot topics (e.g. matchday/McKenna rumours)?

Login to get fewer ads

Sarmiento on 13:13 - May 13 with 1792 viewsBasuco

I think he could be similar to hutch, not great for the first 3 month's but came on a bundle during the second half of the season, with the last 2 month's he was phenomenal. Sarmiento was improving with every game but will KMc see him as good value in the Prem?
Sarmiento on 13:17 - May 13 with 1747 viewsjoepublic

Flair, trickery, an eye for goal and works really hard to win the ball back.

I would love to have him back.

Added bonus of an ear worm of a song.

Poll: If you had to choose one other team to join us in the automatic places?

Sarmiento on 13:24 - May 13 with 1689 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

Not sure why you got so many down votes here for saying it for what it was.

I don't think he did enough on a regular basis and I don't think he even made back to back league starts?

A player who is simply hot and cold. Sometimes really good on the eye and excites and then frustrating as anything.

If Brighton have him contracted until 2027, I imagine he will be back out on loan next season to a Championship side where he will play more games. I can see him at QPR.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Sarmiento on 13:24 - May 13 with 1684 viewswrightsrightglove

Yes please, exactly the kind of player we should be looking at. Buy him for £3-5million, if McKenna can help him to continue his trajectory we’ve got a £20million+ player on our hands. The kind of chaotic player who would earn us points over the season by coming on and making things happen.

Plus, one of our biggest strengths has been consistency. Bringing in someone who is integrated into the group, knows the set up and can contribute instantly is so important.
Sarmiento on 13:26 - May 13 with 1679 viewsHerbivore

I'd take him back on a permanent deal in a heartbeat but would be a bit more reluctant to take him on loan, reason being we can only have two domestic loans and they need to be players we are confident can start regularly and add quality above and beyond what we could otherwise afford. Sarmiento has the potential to be in that category but he's not there yet, however he improved a lot in just a few months here and made some big contributions and with a full McKenna season behind him I'd back him to really push on and do well, but I'd want that to be as our player, not for Brighton's benefit.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Sarmiento on 13:28 - May 13 with 1668 viewshomer_123

For all the talk of Hutch (and yes, we should do all we can to get him) by homer_123 1 May 9:29
.....Sarmiento - is def a player I'd take as well.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Sarmiento on 13:29 - May 13 with 1642 viewsChocorange

Sarmiento on 12:57 - May 13 by Exiled2Surrey

I also think that if you consider his trajectory during his time at PR, the player at the end of the period contributed so much more than the one at the beginning of the loan spell - so you can't really take an average over his time.

Am sure that there will be other options out there that McKenna can mould to his requirements, but he made a great impression.

There’s also the way we play, as in we will change the attacking players every match around 60-75 minutes , so we will need more attacking players in the squad. He is used to this and shown what a difference he can make.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we had enquired about his cost , and that’s what had the Brighton boss making his comments last week.

If he wasn’t available to buy though, I don’t think he will be back on loan, as the Prem rules on loan players make this much of a good idea.
Sarmiento on 13:29 - May 13 with 1640 viewshomer_123

I think you could end up being very disappointed with our recruitment strategy.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Sarmiento on 13:32 - May 13 with 1597 viewsvilanovablue

Hell of an upgrade for Harness for example. If the price is right I wouldn't be averse.
Sarmiento on 13:39 - May 13 with 1517 viewsSuperblue95

Sarmiento on 13:24 - May 13 by wrightsrightglove

Yes please, exactly the kind of player we should be looking at. Buy him for £3-5million, if McKenna can help him to continue his trajectory we’ve got a £20million+ player on our hands. The kind of chaotic player who would earn us points over the season by coming on and making things happen.

Plus, one of our biggest strengths has been consistency. Bringing in someone who is integrated into the group, knows the set up and can contribute instantly is so important.

We’d probably have to stump up a fair bit more than that to get him I’d imagine.

I’d take him at your price range but much more and I think we’d be better off using the money elsewhere.

I don’t think he’ll be back.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Sarmiento on 13:44 - May 13 with 1479 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

He's young and developing.

I'd trust KM to make the judgement as to whether he can be an asset to the squad.

More likely to get a chance at a newly promoted club than an established Premier League club.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Sarmiento on 14:02 - May 13 with 1366 viewskizaitfc

Hutchinson struggled to be a started in our team for the first 20 or so games but he certainly improved.

We have a very good manager and coaching team that seems to be able to improve and get the best out of players.

You only have to look at Wes Burns, he was playing for a lower league 1 team when we signed him now he will be playing regularly in the premier league.

Sarmiento on 14:04 - May 13 with 1332 views_clive_baker_

Sarmiento on 12:57 - May 13 by Exiled2Surrey

That's true. The benefit of him having been on loan is it also removes a lot of risk from any deal. He knows what he's signing up for, and importantly so do we. He's effectively had a 5 month trial and KM and team have worked with him day in, day out and will know what they're getting.
Sarmiento on 14:43 - May 13 with 1139 viewsKentish_Tractor

Needs to work on his end product. The number of times he worked himself into a fantastic position and then misplaced his pass or hit it straight at the keeper was infuriating. That was the difference between Omari and Jeremy last year. I'd take him on a cheap permanent as it COULD be something that might be able to be coached. But as others have said I'd rather save our loan spots for somebody else. I mentioned on another thread that is Fabio Carvalho for example was available again for loan he'd be my preference.

Poll: How often are you refreshing TWTD today?

Sarmiento on 15:59 - May 13 with 948 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Sarmiento on 14:43 - May 13 by Kentish_Tractor

Needs to work on his end product. The number of times he worked himself into a fantastic position and then misplaced his pass or hit it straight at the keeper was infuriating. That was the difference between Omari and Jeremy last year. I'd take him on a cheap permanent as it COULD be something that might be able to be coached. But as others have said I'd rather save our loan spots for somebody else. I mentioned on another thread that is Fabio Carvalho for example was available again for loan he'd be my preference.

Thats why I was suggesting a permanent deal rather than a loan.

Sarmiento on 16:01 - May 13 with 929 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Sarmiento on 14:02 - May 13 by kizaitfc

Hutchinson struggled to be a started in our team for the first 20 or so games but he certainly improved.

We have a very good manager and coaching team that seems to be able to improve and get the best out of players.

You only have to look at Wes Burns, he was playing for a lower league 1 team when we signed him now he will be playing regularly in the premier league.

People seem to forget that Omari had 9 months under KM, Sarmiento barely had 4 months.

Sarmiento on 17:25 - May 13 with 765 viewsBattersea_Blue

My feeling is similar to that of some on this thread - at the right price I’d buy him, but not loan him.

We need to have 2 top quality loans, or top quality “potential” in those loans.

Although Sarmiento has been with us 4 months as opposed to Omari’s season long loan, Omari has improved immeasurably. Sarmiento has improved, but nowhere near to the same level as Omari.

In the early days, Omari, while hugely talented, got his decision making wrong more times than not. Move forward to Narch/April, it was the other way round.

With Sarmiento, while improving and being tenacious in winning the ball back, some of his decision making is still suspect. Even down to not realising that you don’t have to simply blast the ball at goal, place it, pick your spot, as Omari is now doing and also Burns has learned that too.

Sarmiento is chaotic, as another poster has said. But he’s a great impact sub and if he continues to learn under KMc he’ll improve still further.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024