Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You should read this blog by Jayesss 14:50 - May 14 with 1729 viewsSteve_M

It's very good, and he has buried it in the Three Words thread so it's easily missed.

https://jacksaunders.substack.com/p/something-changed

The bit about Charlton being an absolute low point, I think it was Barrow for me. The sense that we had had the takeover and were just going to fk it up again. Even the optimistic view at the time had us back in the Championship by now, the rest of it not even a hint.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

You should read this blog by Jayesss on 16:21 - May 14 with 1510 viewsN2_Blue

Thanks Steve, I had missed this.

And to the author of the blog...absoluetey superb bit of writing and I found myself literally nodding in agreement and everything your wrote. Fantastic

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

You should read this blog by Jayesss on 16:42 - May 14 with 1425 viewsFBI

That's a superb piece of writing.

Poll: The career progress of former town players is...

You should read this blog by Jayesss on 17:10 - May 14 with 1342 viewsFunge

That's fully banging, nice one Jayesss.

That Charlton game was about as low as I've ever felt as a Towun fan; all the optimism of the takeover lost amongst a bunch of bickering players and fans - Walton was a 9/10 that night, and the reason that game didn't become a pub quiz answer; everyone else perhaps gets 9 between them... Nsiala showed more effort fronting up to the pub grub fools at the end, than at any time in the preceding 90 minutes....

Didn't realise those budgie pricks were singing that, last month - Jesus, I hope Leeds rinse them Thursday.

Great article, again.
You should read this blog by Jayesss on 17:20 - May 14 with 1310 viewsSteve_M

You should read this blog by Jayesss on 17:10 - May 14 by Funge

That's fully banging, nice one Jayesss.

That Charlton game was about as low as I've ever felt as a Towun fan; all the optimism of the takeover lost amongst a bunch of bickering players and fans - Walton was a 9/10 that night, and the reason that game didn't become a pub quiz answer; everyone else perhaps gets 9 between them... Nsiala showed more effort fronting up to the pub grub fools at the end, than at any time in the preceding 90 minutes....

Didn't realise those budgie pricks were singing that, last month - Jesus, I hope Leeds rinse them Thursday.

Great article, again.

It was Morsy and Evans at Charlton, both spent the entire game sulking. I'm not sure if Fraser did too or was just his usual ineffective self but midfield was non-existent.

Yeah, they did, it was that and cardboard banners about 15 years. Despite the disappointment it was obvious that us failing mattered far more to them than their own chances of going up - which adds an extra layer of enjoyment to the past two weeks.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

You should read this blog by Jayesss on 17:25 - May 14 with 1287 viewsHerbivore

Very good read that, top work.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

You should read this blog by Jayesss on 17:53 - May 14 with 1218 viewsjayessess

Very kind all of you!

I think Charlton stuck for me because it happened about 15 yards in front of me and I just had this feeling of the bottomless misery. I only saw Barrow on the TV and the despair just can't quite get you the same as in the ground...

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

You should read this blog by Jayesss on 17:57 - May 14 with 1195 viewsSwansea_Blue

Cracking. They don’t come much better than that.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

You should read this blog by Jayesss on 18:34 - May 14 with 1112 viewsN2_Blue

You should read this blog by Jayesss on 17:53 - May 14 by jayessess

Very kind all of you!

I think Charlton stuck for me because it happened about 15 yards in front of me and I just had this feeling of the bottomless misery. I only saw Barrow on the TV and the despair just can't quite get you the same as in the ground...

I was at that Charlton game. I left numb, not because I was so devastated by the result and performance but because I just didn’t really feel the pain anymore of our climb slipping to lower and lower depths of despair. That is a more scary feeling to have about your football club than just being crap and losing.
I was beginning to almost stop caring and just become immune to the pain. Horrible. I hope that we never get near that again. We’ll have highs and we’ll have lows, that’s what being a football supporter is but I never want to have no hope about my footballl club again.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Login to get fewer ads

You should read this blog by Jayesss on 18:41 - May 14 with 1069 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

A great read, the sort of thing that makes you well up a bit with a sense of pride, and still some disbelief given where we came from.

My particular favourite quote, which did make me chuckle (albeit one that’s hard to disagree with):

“In hindsight, making Accrington, Morecambe and Forest Green play against the front five of Davis-Broadhead-Hirst-Chaplin-Burns was cruel.”
You should read this blog by Jayesss on 18:43 - May 14 with 1075 viewsJakeITFC

Great blog, and I agree with the conclusion that McKenna is something very special that we should cherish whilst we can keep him.

Charlton was almost impossibly bad (but I had slipped off before the end to get some nice tapas on Bermondsey St so missed the nonsense after the whistle) and Barrow perhaps worse (and one thing that kept me level after Maidstone was that game where Barrow didn’t smash and grab us but were genuinely just better and playing a nicer brand of football too). It is absolutely stunning that these moments are from just the season before last.
You should read this blog by Jayesss on 19:00 - May 14 with 1011 viewsVic

This is absolutely brilliant. Jayesss, take a bow.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

You should read this blog by Jayesss on 19:20 - May 14 with 947 viewsMK1

What a fantastic read. Thank you.
You should read this blog by Jayesss on 20:03 - May 14 with 873 viewsMarkp68

What a superb read, brilliantly written and sums everything up perfectly. Thanks
You should read this blog by Jayesss on 20:07 - May 14 with 862 viewsNthsuffolkblue

A great read.

I am a little confused by the pic caption, though! AI-generated or tongue-in-cheek?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

You should read this blog by Jayesss on 20:51 - May 14 with 789 viewsjayessess

You should read this blog by Jayesss on 20:07 - May 14 by Nthsuffolkblue

A great read.

I am a little confused by the pic caption, though! AI-generated or tongue-in-cheek?

Just silly, most of them!

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

You should read this blog by Jayesss on 21:07 - May 14 with 746 viewsKropotkin123

Very kind all of you!

I've been sent your blogs a few times this season in a WhatsApp group. Obviously didn't know they were you. Good reads.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

You should read this blog by Jayesss on 22:27 - May 14 with 662 viewsSmithersJones

I’ve read a lot about ITFC over the last few weeks. This is the best by a distance.
You should read this blog by Jayesss on 23:36 - May 14 with 584 viewsChurchman

Very kind all of you!

Thanks for that. It was excellent. Interesting and thought provoking.
You should read this blog by Jayesss on 23:38 - May 14 with 578 viewsBigalhunter

Brilliant piece of writing that sums up perfectly the unbelievable story of the last two seasons.
Thanks Jayesss for expressing it so beautifully.
You should read this blog by Jayesss on 00:19 - May 15 with 540 viewsChurchman

As I’ve said in the other post, great article Jayesss. Oddly, I guess for me the absolute low point was Accrington Stanley away. After a slow start 21/22 season, we’d at last won a couple of games. One of them 6-0. Lift off thought I.

Then came Accrington. I didn’t see it, but watched the Sky scores in a pub in Chatham of all places. We lost 2-1. It felt all wrong. We were just going nowhere. We’d had caving in at Northampton etc, manager post match rages 20/21, bomb squad, mud at a wall recruitment, is Cook missing Richardson, what about his coaches? A manager who just felt a poor fit (ITFC Joe’s description at the time).

This forum was split between get rid the previous season, start of the season, by end of Oct, give him the season. When he was fired, it was sad but a relief. He was wrong for us. The games pre McKenna just felt dead fixtures. Limbo. McGreal actually did well to steady things at all. Charlton? The shambles of it just reinforced the need to change things so it wasn’t really a low point for me, even if it was b awful.

Then came McKenna. I must check the league tables for 22/23 and 23/24. Did that really happen?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024