Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This summer 19:04 - May 15 with 3780 viewspennblue

Ashton surely has to be getting cast iron guarantees from McKenna about his commitment to staying and if not 100% then we need to part ways asap? If we don't and McKenna leaves in 6 weeks we really are in a disastrous position, we are not an established premier league club and we have a
lot of work to do this summer.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

This summer on 10:42 - May 16 with 468 viewskiwiblue

This summer on 07:17 - May 16 by The_Flashing_Smile

I'm going to dump my GF because she might go off with another bloke. Better to get it over and done with now.

no dont it was just a one night stand.
This summer on 10:54 - May 16 with 443 viewsrodney76

This summer on 19:29 - May 15 by MK1

No, they are just trying to make a story out of nothing. McKenna is absolutely fantastic with us, but Utd at this time is just to big a step for him and I really don't think Utd are even really considering him. They will, just not yet.

From time immemorial no manager or player will ever turn down the chance to better himself and increase his wage packet, especially if that club happens to be the one he supports and one of the world's biggest at that.

No money we can ever offer him will beat what Manchester United can.

Some people have a habit of stating as opinion what in effect they want to happen.

How can they not be 'considering him' if they have, as widely reported from respectable sources, alreday spoken to his representatives?
[Post edited 16 May 11:05]
This summer on 11:11 - May 16 with 402 viewsgordon

This thread is totally nuts - but we should be thinking about i) ensuring we get lots of compensation if he leaves; ii) making sure we have sensible alternatives lined up; iii) making sure we know which backroom staff would go with him if he left; iv) making sure our approach to recruitment isn't totally dependent on McKenna etc etc.

I'm sure these are the sorts of things Ashton is really good at, though.

And for what it's worth I don't think he'll leave this summer - really can't see Man United taking such a big punt - recreating the team spirit and togetherness at ITFC at a club like Man United is going to be pretty much impossible given all the big names in the dressing room.

I think he needs at least a year or two (here or somewhere else) of managing players with bigger reputations in the Premier League before he will be considered for a top six job. And I think he doesn't gain that much from going to e.g. Brentford/Brighton now as oppose to staying with ITFC - my guess is that he keeps us up and goes to a big club at some point in our second season in the Prem.
This summer on 13:26 - May 16 with 344 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

This summer on 10:02 - May 16 by lizzibee

McKenna signed a contract last season. Pretty sure if he had any ideas of leaving he wouldn't have signed that, and that was without knowledge of PL. Pretty confident he isn't going anywhere yet - he's loyal, has a journey to do and done nothing but speak positively about staying

I think he'll stay, but signing a contract means nothing... let alone last season. He's become a Prem manager since then.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

This summer on 13:44 - May 16 with 319 viewsBiGDonnie

Do we know how much input KM has into our transfers, or are they mainly done by a wider team?

We keep McKenna for as long as we possibly can. If he leaves in 6 weeks, gutted, but we're a well run club with knowledgeable people in the right place, we'd be fine.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

This summer on 13:51 - May 16 with 309 viewsfooters

Given you thought sacking Cook was a grave mistake, I don't think we can take anything you say seriously.

This, especially, makes no sense.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

This summer on 14:36 - May 16 with 260 viewsGlasgowBlue

The OP seems to have deleted his account.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

This summer on 14:51 - May 16 with 206 viewsVegtablue

This summer on 14:36 - May 16 by GlasgowBlue

Oh that's a shame. They seemed to be mixing up what's best for Town with what's best for pennblue's mental state, which is easy to do on occasion.
Login to get fewer ads

This summer on 14:57 - May 16 with 189 viewsBiGDonnie

This summer on 14:36 - May 16 by GlasgowBlue

Did you find this out after you went to PM him some abuse?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024