Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another take from last night's SportScene - Lawrence Shankland 12:04 - May 16 with 1025 viewsWeWereZombies

Stephen Naismith's post match comments seemed to be almost certain resignation that Hearts were going to lose the thirty goals this season (and probably more to come in the final game) forward. As I have said before, he could be so good for us and we could be so good for him.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Another take from last night's SportScene - Lawrence Shankland on 12:38 - May 16 with 817 viewsdavblue

Don’t think he’s anywhere good enough. The Scottish premier league is league 1 level, he’s 28 years old, not one for us.
Another take from last night's SportScene - Lawrence Shankland on 14:00 - May 16 with 583 viewsWeWereZombies

Another take from last night's SportScene - Lawrence Shankland on 12:38 - May 16 by davblue

Don’t think he’s anywhere good enough. The Scottish premier league is league 1 level, he’s 28 years old, not one for us.

He will score in the Euros, and then his transfer fee might rise out of our range. I would have preferred to see him at Portman Road during the January window. For sure Kieffer Moore did a great job (thirty one year old and will be thirty two in August Kieffer) but Shankland offers something different. He could cover the Chaplin róle, also Broadhead, and still function as a straight down the middle battering ram striker in the way that Hirst sometimes does. It is fair to point out that players from the Scottish Premiership have taken a while to bed in to Premier League sides recently but Ryan Christie is starting to look like one of Bournemouth's best players and Shankland is ahead of him on ability and potential.

Another take from last night's SportScene - Lawrence Shankland on 15:07 - May 16 with 446 viewsdavblue

Another take from last night's SportScene - Lawrence Shankland on 14:00 - May 16 by WeWereZombies

He will score in the Euros, and then his transfer fee might rise out of our range. I would have preferred to see him at Portman Road during the January window. For sure Kieffer Moore did a great job (thirty one year old and will be thirty two in August Kieffer) but Shankland offers something different. He could cover the Chaplin róle, also Broadhead, and still function as a straight down the middle battering ram striker in the way that Hirst sometimes does. It is fair to point out that players from the Scottish Premiership have taken a while to bed in to Premier League sides recently but Ryan Christie is starting to look like one of Bournemouth's best players and Shankland is ahead of him on ability and potential.

put it this way, if you are in charge of our recruitment this summer, im worried with this shout and Ndaba being part of the squad.
Another take from last night's SportScene - Lawrence Shankland on 15:14 - May 16 with 429 viewsJ2BLUE

He will probably go to Rangers. I hope so. It would be an underwhelming signing for us.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Another take from last night's SportScene - Lawrence Shankland on 16:08 - May 16 with 353 viewsWeWereZombies

Another take from last night's SportScene - Lawrence Shankland on 15:14 - May 16 by J2BLUE

He will probably go to Rangers. I hope so. It would be an underwhelming signing for us.

Doubt it, Celtic maybe but he is already probably too good for either. When you consider the pool of players there is at Hearts you can see the difference he makes to their standing (perhaps a similar one to the surge in our potential once Omari hit form,) he is captain there and could be a good deputy for Morsy given his self confidence (the only worry being that he could go full ego but he seems to keep that in check.) I certainly would not be underwhelmed if we signed him, it would be a real statement of intent.

Mind you, if Shankland did go to Rangers they might have to offload Dessers. The fans love him despite his many missed chances (another one who McKenna could work on to sharpen up his game) and there is a player there but he would seem like a bargain basement signing, except that he wouldn't come at a bargain price.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024