Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crack 14:55 - May 17 with 353 viewsflykickingbybgunn

I live in Gorleston. The council says it's in Norfolk but the deeds to my house say Suffolk.

As an ornithologist over the past few years I have seen a remarkable movement of our feathered friends locally.

It was not so long ago that every crack in the road seemed to have a Yellow Canary oozing from it. These birds have been somewhat scarce of late and it is not known where they have migrated to.

It is thought that they have been edged out by the emergence of the Three Starred Royal Bluebird of which there are a surprising number given that we are supposed to live in Norfolk.

There is still a dull coloured Budgie with plenty of down in it's mouth. It's a ground dwelling bird and is not often seen but you can hear it's plaintive calls of "Shouldovbinus".

The Grey Shoulder Shrug lives in bushes . It is prized for it's display of flapping it's wings while looking down, shrugging it's shoulders and shaking on its head at the same time and is noted for it's call of "OnTall ity".

The Fifteenear is also falling by the wayside and many expect it to be replaced by it's cousins the Sixteeenear or the Seventeenear

Overall a remarkable change and definitely for the better.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024