Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwich Finances 15:03 - May 17 with 4897 viewsPinewoodblue

Looking ahead Norwich face a future without Parachute payments. They also have older players on high salaries they are going to find it difficult to get off the payroll.

Sacking Wagner will also add to their financial woe although I believe he was on a 12 month rolling contract.

Looks like they have been losing in excess of £20m over recent years, although not all that loss will count as far as finance rules are concerned. They probably need to be close to break even next season to avoid punishment.

My guess is they have to sell the family silver to keep afloat.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Norwich Finances on 17:27 - May 17 with 1076 viewsVegtablue

Norwich Finances on 16:58 - May 17 by flykickingbybgunn

If you like your Budgies unhappy, ready to sell anybody, I can recommend the pinkun
forum at the moment.

I may have had a skim for my sins! What I really want is to be reading the revisionist posts of next decade though, along the lines of "he didn't deserve the criticism he got", "if only we'd given him more time". That is when I'll truly be satisfied.
Norwich Finances on 19:43 - May 17 with 935 viewsessexpaul64

Norwich Finances on 15:14 - May 17 by MJallday

They could burn down another stand*

*Allegedly
[Post edited 17 May 15:14]

Delia will have to do ‘streetwork’ on the cornet of carrot road. Might raise a penny or two
Norwich Finances on 19:50 - May 17 with 921 viewsBuhrer

Norwich Finances on 15:14 - May 17 by MJallday

They could burn down another stand*

*Allegedly
[Post edited 17 May 15:14]

Norwich Finances on 20:05 - May 17 with 893 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Norwich Finances on 16:28 - May 17 by Keno

yes but promoted teams never do very well or get anywhere near the playoffs let alone the top 2 ........ oh ...... eerrr .....

Interestingly the most recent times it has happened has involved 2 clubs doing it in successive years (twice)!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Norwich Finances on 22:55 - May 17 with 776 viewsChurchman

Norwich Finances on 16:33 - May 17 by Dennyx4

You have both missed out Coventry, if they don’t lose anyone, can easily see getting in the top six.

Coventry will be strong next year and I suspect at least one of Derby, Portsmouth and Bolton will be too.

However, I don’t thing the PL relegated teams will be as strong as Leicester, Leeds and Saints and of course ourselves. In other words I doubt the top four will hoover up as many points, making the division more even.
Norwich Finances on 23:53 - May 17 with 692 viewsStenvict

Norwich Finances on 16:22 - May 17 by Nutkins_Return

I'd see it as Substantially easier then the one just gone. Leicester, us and Leeds or Southampton up most likely. Luton, Sheffield Utd and Burnley are a downgrade on those going up for sure.

They might make playoffs again if they get the right manager. But don't see them going up

This makes our season even more impressive, when you consider the 3 teams that came down last season were relatively established Premier League clubs. Next season, the 3 that went up last season, will be back down.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Norwich Finances on 00:46 - May 18 with 652 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Norwich Finances on 15:06 - May 17 by BlueNomad

They haven't got any silver! The trophy room is almost empty.

I haven't trotted out this one for a while, so here goes:

Norwich's trophy cabinet is so bare that they actually display two Milk Cups for their 1985 win.

Not a joke. Actually true.

One of their directors was so overwhelmed by winning the Cup that Pep Guardiola wouldn't piiss in that he had a replica commissioned for his own private pleasure.

When he died his family gave it to the club, who displayed it in the same trophy cabinet as the club's "official" replica.
Norwich Finances on 02:27 - May 18 with 584 viewsHarryMunk

Who gives a funk
Login to get fewer ads

Norwich Finances on 06:56 - May 18 with 484 viewscressi

They will sell players worth over 10 millon in their view ie Sargent Rowe and Sara replace with chip buys. The problems then really begin as unless a youth player comes through worth millions and no promotion you are on that slippery slope. They have Americans in the background at the club who have put little money in and owners in Delia and her old man who won't let go who today in football terms simply aren't wealthy enough.
Norwich Finances on 07:00 - May 18 with 476 viewscressi

Norwich Finances on 15:41 - May 17 by davblue

if they sell well they might be able to eak out another challenge for the play offs, if it all comes together top 2, unlikely certainly the top 2.

The Arsenal guy might get some top loans there also and that can make a difference.

For every McKenna there are 5 or 6 young managers who fail in there 1st job of note. personally 28 never managed senior pros going to be a challenge .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024