Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A.I.....aren't we clever....what could possibly go wrong. 18:40 - May 17 with 541 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/article/2024/may/17/uk-engineering-arup-d

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

A.I.....aren't we clever....what could possibly go wrong. on 18:46 - May 17 with 494 viewsfooters

My boss is very insistent on us using AI to check work.

Today it told me that 'probably not' should be 'probablyn't'.

Yeah.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

A.I.....aren't we clever....what could possibly go wrong. on 18:46 - May 17 with 485 viewsMJallday

Anyone who falls for scams like that deserves to have every single penny scammed from them

“Hey boss, there’s a load of people on a video call we’ve never met. Shalll I give them 20m?”
“Sure that seems legit”

I’m being facetious of course but the point is that AI (and I’m
Not convinced this was AI btw, this is deepfake which is different) - can’t replicate humans . It just can’t .

Also top tip - If you really want to suss out if something is AI - ask which football team won the FA cup in 1956

If it answers anything other than “how the **** should I know” , you know it’s AI ;)

Edit - or a Manchester City fan - but they’re not worth talking to anyway
[Post edited 17 May 18:53]

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

A.I.....aren't we clever....what could possibly go wrong. on 18:53 - May 17 with 451 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

A.I.....aren't we clever....what could possibly go wrong. on 18:46 - May 17 by MJallday

Anyone who falls for scams like that deserves to have every single penny scammed from them

“Hey boss, there’s a load of people on a video call we’ve never met. Shalll I give them 20m?”
“Sure that seems legit”

I’m being facetious of course but the point is that AI (and I’m
Not convinced this was AI btw, this is deepfake which is different) - can’t replicate humans . It just can’t .

Also top tip - If you really want to suss out if something is AI - ask which football team won the FA cup in 1956

If it answers anything other than “how the **** should I know” , you know it’s AI ;)

Edit - or a Manchester City fan - but they’re not worth talking to anyway
[Post edited 17 May 18:53]

You're correct in that it is mostly deep fake but with A.I generated voices. The people on the video call were "known people."

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

A.I.....aren't we clever....what could possibly go wrong. on 19:05 - May 17 with 405 viewsMJallday

A.I.....aren't we clever....what could possibly go wrong. on 18:53 - May 17 by BanksterDebtSlave

You're correct in that it is mostly deep fake but with A.I generated voices. The people on the video call were "known people."

That’s still deepfake

Most people don’t really understand what AI actually is

The reason behind that is that the general term AI is now being generally applied to any form of technology which shows any sign of “being a bit clever”
I saw one example of it the other day, and it basically replicated “if” statements that we were doing back in commodore 64s in the 80s and 90s

Ai is also conflated with “machine learning” - which is a whole other subject

The truth is , society hasn’t really got a grip on any of it yet - and practical applications for this tech are only just starting to come to market

That all said, the ability to imitate people and voices is both clever and scary

When it does mannerisms and physical interaction - then we should all be terrified

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024