Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Downes 20:45 - May 17 with 5981 viewsLeoMuff

He really is very good, would be perfect fit for us

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Downes on 07:55 - May 20 with 472 viewsfranz_tyson

Downes on 22:03 - May 19 by Stewart27

I don’t think people are thinking that Downes should come back here because he has some kind of connection with us.

I think people want him here because he is a really good player and would suit our system really well.

I couldn’t give a sh!t what he thinks of us but if he pulls on the shirt and does the business in the PL I’d be over the moon.

I do agree he's a good player and he would be a decent fit...... but I do think there's a feeling amongst many that he would be coming back home. And I don't think he would feel the same. In fact, I would probably say he's much more likely to want to play under Russell Martin than with us. He's played his best football under him. In addition, he's a West Ham player ( and fan) contracted for another 3 years. Could be he gets another chance there under a new manager.
I dont take it personally ( like Arnie, perhaps) but I don't see the bond between him and this club. He seems like he's moved on and in some ways if we were to sign him his background might get in the way.
Downes on 16:54 - May 20 with 337 viewsNeedhamChris

Downes on 20:41 - May 19 by ArnieM

The original question was would people want FD back here. I along with one or two other posters highlighted his attitude when he didn’t get his move to Palace . My view strangely enough was the same as theirs. He behaved like a spoilt brat. But you focus on my view. So as usual along with one or two of you boyfriends on here you witch hunt my posts . You are gas-lighting and are a cyber bully. It’s people like you that no doubt abuse woman and animals, you certainly come across as a sociopath. So Mr NeedhamChris, you treat me with abuse I’ll do exactly the same back to you. Your choice mate.

It's the next day - but thinking about what you've said there. Accusing people of being domestic abusers and animal abusers really isn't okay.

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Downes on 18:01 - May 20 with 284 viewsfooters

Downes on 21:02 - May 19 by ArnieM

I will never divulge the nature of his behaviour away from football . But his attitude clearly isn’t just football based. Would you like the tel number of the person he behaved poorly towards? I’m sure they’d be happy to enlighten you to the event. They have absolutely no connection to football.

You and the rest of your clique are cyber bullies and you do target me. This forum is nothing like it used to be because of people like you. If anyone is an embarrassment to the fan base it’s bullies like you.

No one targets you. You're just an idiot with an irrational dislike of Woolfenden.

Happy to help.

P.S. Give me the number. I'll call it.

P.P.S Shut up.
[Post edited 20 May 18:03]

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Downes on 18:40 - May 20 with 210 viewsStewart27

Downes on 07:55 - May 20 by franz_tyson

I do agree he's a good player and he would be a decent fit...... but I do think there's a feeling amongst many that he would be coming back home. And I don't think he would feel the same. In fact, I would probably say he's much more likely to want to play under Russell Martin than with us. He's played his best football under him. In addition, he's a West Ham player ( and fan) contracted for another 3 years. Could be he gets another chance there under a new manager.
I dont take it personally ( like Arnie, perhaps) but I don't see the bond between him and this club. He seems like he's moved on and in some ways if we were to sign him his background might get in the way.

That’s kind of my point.

Look at it as if there is no bond. It works both ways. He doesn’t have any affection for us and I don’t see him as any kind of town legend.

If he comes we will simply be signing a really good midfielder who would fit our system well.
Downes on 18:45 - May 20 with 186 viewsMK1

Downes on 18:40 - May 20 by Stewart27

That’s kind of my point.

Look at it as if there is no bond. It works both ways. He doesn’t have any affection for us and I don’t see him as any kind of town legend.

If he comes we will simply be signing a really good midfielder who would fit our system well.

He has said that he loves playing for Southampton and hopes to return.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024