Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'd happily take Emma Hayes as our next manager. 18:30 - May 18 with 7955 viewshomer_123

We've always been a ground breaking Club.

Her record is brilliant. Her style and approach would sit well.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I feel sorry for Phil…. on 11:43 - May 20 with 285 viewsMattinLondon

I feel sorry for Phil…. on 11:41 - May 20 by SitfcB

Mental times.

It’s an Internet forum ffs.

I remember people used to cry about getting thumbed, thought we were passed all that.

Mental times indeed. Think most of us don’t mind the odd finger. But getting thumbed seems a tad too far and painful.
[Post edited 20 May 11:49]
I feel sorry for Phil…. on 12:00 - May 20 with 257 viewsSitfcB

I feel sorry for Phil…. on 11:43 - May 20 by MattinLondon

Mental times indeed. Think most of us don’t mind the odd finger. But getting thumbed seems a tad too far and painful.
[Post edited 20 May 11:49]

Used to love a good thumbing, got good numbers.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

I'd happily take Emma Hayes as our next manager. on 12:01 - May 20 with 257 viewsMacedonian_Gerrard

not for me no.

i think her public spat most recently with the arsenal manager showed poor temperament and not the demeanour i'd generally want leading our club (also a stark contrast to that of KM). in any case i'm sure she's stepping into the US national team now so its a double non-starter.

the overall Q of women's football managers stepping into the men's game is quite an interesting one. personally i think some of the comments about the standard being so low & compared to kids/youth football and the like is a bit disrespectful/patronising. the WSL is a professional league and the infrastructure behind the top sides in the league is top draw - i saw that arsenal women are playing the majority of their home games at the emirates next season for e.g. I think sooner or later we will see some movement across the gender divide likely at the elite level, fundamentally as a poster put it earlier the leadership qualities and tactical coaching are the same regardless of mens/womens game, its just the basic skill level of the players your working with - juxtapose that with when we see a coach step up from youth football to succeed at the senior level (e.g KM from youth to Man U assistant then us or most recently Des Buckingham at Oxford who was a youth coach before a stint in India which would hardly be the highest standard) theres very rarely the same level of questions/negativity levelled there.
I feel sorry for Phil…. on 12:07 - May 20 with 245 viewsMattinLondon

I feel sorry for Phil…. on 12:00 - May 20 by SitfcB

Used to love a good thumbing, got good numbers.

Good man.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024