Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Twice I've given up my season ticket. 16:52 - May 19 with 2267 viewsFromReuserWithLove

1998 as went off to university.

2019 as moved away.

Timing is EVERYTHING. Moved backed locally after covid, opted against getting a season ticket aaaaaand here we are. Oh well, im obviously a bad omen.
Twice I've given up my season ticket. on 17:10 - May 19 with 2128 viewsEuropablue

Isn't so annoying when you've been there through thick and thin, and the fair weather fans take your place.
We never needed to get a season ticket, although we went to almost every match, then we got into the Premier League 24 years ago. We couldn't get a ticket to the playoff semi-final, but at least we got tickets to Wembley, then we were in the ballot the first year of the premier league. We saw Man Utd at home, so it wasn't too bad. Then I moved away for University so did a bit of a tour of the away grounds up north, then I moved out of the country, and came back for 3 years when I was broke, having a baby, and Ipswich weren't worth the effort to travel from London, then I moved away again.
Now I visit every year and try to fit in a match with my Dad who is a season ticket holder since relegation from the Premier League last time. In league one we got tickets for my son and daughter, this season only I could get a ticket and I wonder if it will be possible at all this coming season.
Twice I've given up my season ticket. on 17:17 - May 19 with 2077 viewsJ2BLUE

Twice I've given up my season ticket. on 17:10 - May 19 by Europablue

Isn't so annoying when you've been there through thick and thin, and the fair weather fans take your place.
We never needed to get a season ticket, although we went to almost every match, then we got into the Premier League 24 years ago. We couldn't get a ticket to the playoff semi-final, but at least we got tickets to Wembley, then we were in the ballot the first year of the premier league. We saw Man Utd at home, so it wasn't too bad. Then I moved away for University so did a bit of a tour of the away grounds up north, then I moved out of the country, and came back for 3 years when I was broke, having a baby, and Ipswich weren't worth the effort to travel from London, then I moved away again.
Now I visit every year and try to fit in a match with my Dad who is a season ticket holder since relegation from the Premier League last time. In league one we got tickets for my son and daughter, this season only I could get a ticket and I wonder if it will be possible at all this coming season.

Wouldn't surprise me to see a ballot system for the 2000-2500ish single game tickets

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Twice I've given up my season ticket. on 17:31 - May 19 with 2000 viewsFromReuserWithLove

It is what it is. I will still go to as many games as possible as the membership scheme allowed me to get to most last season. Thankfully technology allows us to watch all games online now which slightly softens the blow.
Twice I've given up my season ticket. on 17:34 - May 19 with 1976 viewsNeedhamChris

When did you get your season ticket back after 1998?

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Twice I've given up my season ticket. on 17:35 - May 19 with 1973 viewsChurchman

Not at all. I’m afraid that’s how it rolls. I’ve missed one home game back to god knows when. Yep, the 5-0 drubbing. Grrrr.

I only bought a season ticket in March 2003 because circumstances allowed it. Pure luck, no more no less.

Edit: I had a ST 1992-97 then 2000-2018. Work and lack of money ended the first stint. My dad’s health struggles and McCarthy’s depressing football the second. He was an ST holder from when he returned to Suffolk to 2018.
[Post edited 19 May 21:43]
Twice I've given up my season ticket. on 17:41 - May 19 with 1941 viewsSwansea_Blue

It’s a pain in the arse, but inevitably really. I was lucky enough to get tickets for the Bolton away leg in 2000. I think that was off the back of a reasonably achievable number of stubs for a non-ST holder. Queued for bloody hours though. And I managed to pick up away tickets in the PL easily enough. Liverpool, Villa, Everton, etc. More than 1 ticket too. I took my then newish girlfriend, now wife, to Everton and Villa (but she’s got her own back since by buying us Swansea STs, 😡 - I’d have stopped that then if I’d known).

That in itself shows how times have changed, as it was tough to get any tickets at all this year. The demand seems higher now and it was almost impossible to get FPR tickets back in 2000-2002.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Twice I've given up my season ticket. on 17:52 - May 19 with 1901 viewsFromReuserWithLove

Twice I've given up my season ticket. on 17:34 - May 19 by NeedhamChris

When did you get your season ticket back after 1998?

I think it was 03/04 - BFJs first full season?
Twice I've given up my season ticket. on 18:13 - May 19 with 1806 viewsTractorWood

Twice I've given up my season ticket. on 17:17 - May 19 by J2BLUE

Wouldn't surprise me to see a ballot system for the 2000-2500ish single game tickets

I think they'll do a small ballot for each away too. Otherwise you get the same closed shop phenomenon.
[Post edited 19 May 18:14]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Login to get fewer ads

Twice I've given up my season ticket. on 18:19 - May 19 with 1763 viewsernie

Reads more like that you were the fair weather fan. How do you know others don't deserve to go more than you if you didn't even manage to get a play off semi ticket in 2000.
Twice I've given up my season ticket. on 18:26 - May 19 with 1739 viewsSitfcB

Twice I've given up my season ticket. on 18:13 - May 19 by TractorWood

I think they'll do a small ballot for each away too. Otherwise you get the same closed shop phenomenon.
[Post edited 19 May 18:14]

God forbid people who go all the time are able to get tickets to every game!

It won’t be a closed shop anyway, it wasn’t this season, everyone had the chance to build up some points.

Points from 22/23 wiped next season, but expect some tweaks to the system though.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Twice I've given up my season ticket. on 18:56 - May 19 with 1597 viewsParisBlue

Twice I've given up my season ticket. on 18:26 - May 19 by SitfcB

God forbid people who go all the time are able to get tickets to every game!

It won’t be a closed shop anyway, it wasn’t this season, everyone had the chance to build up some points.

Points from 22/23 wiped next season, but expect some tweaks to the system though.

That was for away games only. Home games were absolute carnage on the ticket website, particularly Norwich and Huddersfield.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Twice I've given up my season ticket. on 19:31 - May 19 with 1489 viewsSitfcB

Twice I've given up my season ticket. on 18:56 - May 19 by ParisBlue

That was for away games only. Home games were absolute carnage on the ticket website, particularly Norwich and Huddersfield.

I replied to a comment about away games.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Twice I've given up my season ticket. on 20:10 - May 19 with 1363 viewsbenrhyddingblue

Twice I've given up my season ticket. on 18:56 - May 19 by ParisBlue

What about the other 21 home games?
Twice I've given up my season ticket. on 20:39 - May 19 with 1268 viewsStewart27

I’m reading this as:

- you’ve never had a season ticket
- you couldn’t get tickets for the play off semi
- Ipswich weren’t worth the effort to travel for from London
- you now go about once a season

And you are annoyed at fair weather fans.

Now I’m not calling you a fair weather fan. People all have circumstances in life and by no means should football be the most important thing in it.

I’m just finding it strange that you are calling other people out for being fair weather fans. Apologies if I’m completely mistaken here.
Twice I've given up my season ticket. on 20:42 - May 19 with 1242 viewsNeedhamChris

Twice I've given up my season ticket. on 20:39 - May 19 by Stewart27

I’m reading this as:

Now I’m not calling you a fair weather fan. People all have circumstances in life and by no means should football be the most important thing in it.

I’m just finding it strange that you are calling other people out for being fair weather fans. Apologies if I’m completely mistaken here.

How I read it too;

"Ipswich weren’t worth the effort to travel for from London" does seem quite hypocritical in a post about fairweather fans

Twice I've given up my season ticket. on 20:45 - May 19 with 1222 viewsArnieM

Twice I've given up my season ticket. on 20:42 - May 19 by NeedhamChris

How I read it too;

"Ipswich weren’t worth the effort to travel for from London" does seem quite hypocritical in a post about fairweather fans

Says the biggest hypocrite on here …..

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Twice I've given up my season ticket. on 20:53 - May 19 with 1182 viewsNeedhamChris

Twice I've given up my season ticket. on 20:45 - May 19 by ArnieM

Says the biggest hypocrite on here …..

Bless you.

Twice I've given up my season ticket. on 20:54 - May 19 with 1168 viewsArnieM

Twice I've given up my season ticket. on 20:53 - May 19 by NeedhamChris

Bless you.

Don’t forget to save it Mr NeedhamChris…..

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Twice I've given up my season ticket. on 21:19 - May 19 with 1073 viewsBuhrer

Twice I've given up my season ticket. on 20:39 - May 19 by Stewart27

I’m reading this as:

Possibly the poster believes "fair weather" applies only to only attending when the team are doing well, while ignoring the idea that you are a fair weather fan unless you are attending no matter the "weather" in your own life, like those years the poster decided Ipswich weren't worth the effort to them.
Twice I've given up my season ticket. on 09:10 - May 20 with 602 viewssmithy69

A fairweather fan moaning about fairweather fans is my post of the week lol
Twice I've given up my season ticket. on 09:17 - May 20 with 576 viewsTractorCam

You've been to one game a season in the last 24 years, is that being there through thick and thin?

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024