Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nixon reporting McKenna’s fee has gone up… 12:24 - May 20 with 6299 viewsSitfcB

…as Brighton and Man Utd hover.

[Post edited 20 May 12:26]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Nixon reporting McKenna’s fee has gone up… on 12:34 - May 20 with 4168 viewsBossy

Does anyone know what this is actually meant to mean?

Fee goes up in what way? If he leaves? Fee for what? The fee we get if he leaves us? The fee he gets if he stays?

Poll: Should there be stickied threads for hot topics (e.g. matchday/McKenna rumours)?

Nixon reporting McKenna’s fee has gone up… on 12:34 - May 20 with 4162 viewsburnbudgiesburn

Makes sense.

I recall a journo stating during the Palace interest that the actual fee was nearly double what was being quoted.
Nixon reporting McKenna’s fee has gone up… on 12:37 - May 20 with 4084 viewsburnbudgiesburn

Nixon reporting McKenna’s fee has gone up… on 12:34 - May 20 by Bossy

Fee goes up in what way? If he leaves? Fee for what? The fee we get if he leaves us? The fee he gets if he stays?

The fee Ipswich get for releasing him from his contract
Nixon reporting McKenna’s fee has gone up… on 12:37 - May 20 with 4085 views_clive_baker_

Presume he means the fee we get if he's bought out of his contract.

Either way its pretty inconsequential, whether its £4m or £8m we're still left with a gaping great McKenna and team sized hole that would need filling. The compensation is by the by.
Nixon reporting McKenna’s fee has gone up… on 12:37 - May 20 with 4076 viewsJ2BLUE

£4m, £8m, £10m, really it's irrelevant now isn't it? Whatever the (realistic) fee would be, it's not enough for what we would be losing.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Nixon reporting McKenna’s fee has gone up… on 12:41 - May 20 with 3964 viewsSitfcB

The ‘buyout clause’ he’s saying it’s gone up due to us getting promoted, which makes sense, and probably dismisses any need for new terms to be agreed
[Post edited 20 May 12:41]

COYB

Nixon reporting McKenna’s fee has gone up… on 12:42 - May 20 with 3926 viewsSitfcB

Nixon reporting McKenna’s fee has gone up… on 12:37 - May 20 by J2BLUE

£4m, £8m, £10m, really it's irrelevant now isn't it? Whatever the (realistic) fee would be, it's not enough for what we would be losing.

Agreed. They should set it at £50mill like those crazy ones in Spain.

COYB

Nixon reporting McKenna’s fee has gone up… on 12:43 - May 20 with 3891 viewsDinDjarin

Nixon reporting McKenna’s fee has gone up… on 12:41 - May 20 by SitfcB

The ‘buyout clause’ he’s saying it’s gone up due to us getting promoted, which makes sense, and probably dismisses any need for new terms to be agreed

Pretty sure he would have received a fat bonus and also an improved contract automatically as part of promotion.
Login to get fewer ads

Nixon reporting McKenna’s fee has gone up… on 12:43 - May 20 with 3880 viewsMarkp68

This bloke has zero knowledge and is just jumping on the bandwagon. He’s an utter charlatan who spent all last summer insisting we were spending £8m on Simms when it’s clear we were never in a position to spend that much on 1 player. Actually makes me feel KM is less likely to go if this guy is talking about it!
Nixon reporting McKenna’s fee has gone up… on 12:45 - May 20 with 3814 viewsdirtyboy

The fact that the fee is being discussed...

There probably has been contact from Brighton as Ipswich won't have openly disclosed anything like that.

McKenna has a choice to make doesn't he?

Wouldn't blame him for going, but would be hugely disappointed he's not seen through what he started.

To many 'what ifs' for my liking.

Two trains of thought
1 McKenna backs himself do do well at Brighton with realistically better players.

If he doesn't achieve higher than 10th, then it'd be argued he's no better than RDZ.

2 McKenna backs himself to avoid relegation with Ipswich

If he does that, then every dude and their dog knows McKenna is the mutts nuts without question.

Neither of those two scenarios are easy.

Money may well end up being the biggest factor, will we try to fend off that way?
Nixon reporting McKenna’s fee has gone up… on 12:46 - May 20 with 3795 viewsEastTownBlue

Nixon reporting McKenna’s fee has gone up… on 12:43 - May 20 by Markp68

This bloke has zero knowledge and is just jumping on the bandwagon. He’s an utter charlatan who spent all last summer insisting we were spending £8m on Simms when it’s clear we were never in a position to spend that much on 1 player. Actually makes me feel KM is less likely to go if this guy is talking about it!

He knew that Sam Williams was going back to Man Utd.
Nixon reporting McKenna’s fee has gone up… on 12:48 - May 20 with 3736 viewsKieran_Knows

Nixon reporting McKenna’s fee has gone up… on 12:43 - May 20 by Markp68

Nonsense, as ever.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Nixon reporting McKenna’s fee has gone up… on 12:48 - May 20 with 3716 viewstcblue

Nixon reporting McKenna’s fee has gone up… on 12:37 - May 20 by J2BLUE

It's (obviously) the insurance to pay a buyout fee for the hypothetical replacement
Nixon reporting McKenna’s fee has gone up… on 12:49 - May 20 with 3694 viewsSkip_Intro

Nixon reporting McKenna’s fee has gone up… on 12:45 - May 20 by dirtyboy

There probably has been contact from Brighton as Ipswich won't have openly disclosed anything like that.

Wouldn't blame him for going, but would be hugely disappointed he's not seen through what he started.

Two trains of thought
1 McKenna backs himself do do well at Brighton with realistically better players.

If he doesn't achieve higher than 10th, then it'd be argued he's no better than RDZ.

If he does that, then every dude and their dog knows McKenna is the mutts nuts without question.

Money may well end up being the biggest factor, will we try to fend off that way?

"If he doesn't achieve higher than 10th, then it'd be argued he's no better than RDZ."

RDZ is being linked with the Bayern and Man Utd jobs...being no better than him could still open more doors than he has open right now...
Nixon reporting McKenna’s fee has gone up… on 12:49 - May 20 with 3688 viewsfooters

Nixon reporting McKenna’s fee has gone up… on 12:41 - May 20 by SitfcB

Why? New contracts can be offered and signed any time.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Nixon reporting McKenna’s fee has gone up… on 12:50 - May 20 with 3663 viewsburnbudgiesburn

Two trains of thought

I don't think Money is an issue here.

It'll boil down to a choice between a stable Prem club for the past few years vs a project he chose himself and is invested in.

I have no idea which way he'll flip. Personally i'd wish him well, and thank him for his time but would be dissapointed if he left us for a team in the same division that is not in the top 6.
Nixon reporting McKenna’s fee has gone up… on 12:50 - May 20 with 3639 viewsSitfcB

Two trains of thought

Just want one more season with him at least, resigned to the fact if he’s here come our first game then he’ll be off next summer.
[Post edited 20 May 13:00]

COYB

Nixon reporting McKenna’s fee has gone up… on 12:53 - May 20 with 3515 viewsSitfcB

Nixon reporting McKenna’s fee has gone up… on 12:49 - May 20 by footers

Why? New contracts can be offered and signed any time.

Oh yeah I agree, but if thing were put in place in the contract signed last year for the Premier League then there’s no need to do a new one now?

We’ll never know.

I’d like them to do a new one, just extend it by another year with a massive, massive buyout as aforementioned.

COYB

Nixon reporting McKenna’s fee has gone up… on 12:54 - May 20 with 3475 viewsFrimleyBlue

Sorry. But how does a fee go up but no new manager deal.. its not like players where you can just decide what fee to put on a person. Or am I absolutely wrong in thinking that?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Nixon reporting McKenna’s fee has gone up… on 12:54 - May 20 with 3468 viewsfooters

Nixon reporting McKenna’s fee has gone up… on 12:53 - May 20 by SitfcB

Oh yeah I agree, but if thing were put in place in the contract signed last year for the Premier League then there’s no need to do a new one now?

We’ll never know.

I’d like them to do a new one, just extend it by another year with a massive, massive buyout as aforementioned.

And an even bigger payrise!

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Nixon reporting McKenna’s fee has gone up… on 12:56 - May 20 with 3412 views_clive_baker_

Nixon reporting McKenna’s fee has gone up… on 12:54 - May 20 by FrimleyBlue

Sorry. But how does a fee go up but no new manager deal.. its not like players where you can just decide what fee to put on a person. Or am I absolutely wrong in thinking that?

Triggered upon promotion.

Either way its a complete moot point. The blocker to McKenna going will be what he wants to do. I doubt it'll be high enough to be much of a deterrent considering the sort of clubs that he would leave for, if they want him they'll pay it. Doesn't really change much IMO, its just a bit of compensation if he's nabbed.
Nixon reporting McKenna’s fee has gone up… on 12:56 - May 20 with 3402 viewsSitfcB

Nixon reporting McKenna’s fee has gone up… on 12:50 - May 20 by burnbudgiesburn

It'll boil down to a choice between a stable Prem club for the past few years vs a project he chose himself and is invested in.

I have no idea which way he'll flip. Personally i'd wish him well, and thank him for his time but would be dissapointed if he left us for a team in the same division that is not in the top 6.

With regards to your last point, I think I feel the same, if he were to go to a top 6 team now then have to say fair enough, good luck but if he goes to Brighton I think I’d feel a bit aggrieved - yeah they’re more established etc, played in Europe this season but it could turn south for them next season, they’ve not been particularly good the second half of the season especially.

COYB

Nixon reporting McKenna’s fee has gone up… on 12:59 - May 20 with 3289 viewsSitfcB

Nixon reporting McKenna’s fee has gone up… on 12:54 - May 20 by FrimleyBlue

When be signed the new contract last year it would’ve had stuff based on promotion.

So had we stayed down it may have been say £4million buyout, but as we’ve gone up it’s double to £8million (just examples - we don’t know the figures)

Same as his wages…would’ve gone up automatically based on promotion in that new contract.

COYB

Nixon reporting McKenna’s fee has gone up… on 13:02 - May 20 with 3220 viewsEuropablue

Nixon reporting McKenna’s fee has gone up… on 12:50 - May 20 by burnbudgiesburn

I don't think he's going to leave. I think it's a slur on his character to suggest that he would leave considering the relationships he has here. He has the full backing of the board and he can become a club legend for all time. Maybe if Utd. made him their first choice, that might be tempting. Brighton would have been a real pull if we were struggling in the Championship or just falling short in the playoffs. He turned down Crystal Palace who are in the same bracket as Brighton.
To leave would be a statement that KM doesn't believe in his players and colleagues at ITFC.
Nixon reporting McKenna’s fee has gone up… on 13:04 - May 20 with 3135 viewsStokieBlue

Nixon reporting McKenna’s fee has gone up… on 13:02 - May 20 by Europablue

I don't think he's going to leave. I think it's a slur on his character to suggest that he would leave considering the relationships he has here. He has the full backing of the board and he can become a club legend for all time. Maybe if Utd. made him their first choice, that might be tempting. Brighton would have been a real pull if we were struggling in the Championship or just falling short in the playoffs. He turned down Crystal Palace who are in the same bracket as Brighton.
To leave would be a statement that KM doesn't believe in his players and colleagues at ITFC.

"I think it's a slur on his character to suggest that he would leave considering the relationships he has here."

"To leave would be a statement that KM doesn't believe in his players and colleagues at ITFC."

These sentences are very silly and I think you know that.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024