Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Don't care where they are at present, 20:38 - May 20 with 3388 viewsFromReuserWithLove

if we lose a top manager to bloody BHA it's utterly depressing. Would actually be disappointed in McKenna.
They've got one of the best recruitment teams.... on 21:37 - May 20 with 1029 viewsIllinoisblue

They've got one of the best recruitment teams.... on 20:45 - May 20 by Bloots

....in the country.

We haven't even got a Head of Recruitment.

A very good point. Surprised it wasn’t mentioned on the Town TV two-parter with Ashton last week. Wait, actually, I’m not surprised at all.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Don't care where they are at present, on 21:39 - May 20 with 1002 viewspointofblue

Don't care where they are at present, on 21:26 - May 20 by LankHenners

Their ambition will be to get to a point of repeated European football and remain firmly as one of the 'best of the rest'.

It's obviously a much safer bet for him to enhance his reputation there than here. He can finish around 10th again there and prove his worth as a Premier League manager, but fail to keep us up and there may be other people who excite the boardrooms of bigger clubs and he's back to square one.

I'd argue it's a balance of bigger reward but also bigger risk. Next year, success for 14 clubs first and foremost would be survival. Brighton are one of those who could take a step forward, stay put or slip back in 2024/25. I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the Championship for 2025/26 (as I wouldn't with any of the other aforementioned 13).

A relegation battle here will be expected with the fans and board fully behind McKenna. Despite the above, Brighton fans and board will not be as patient.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

They've got one of the best recruitment teams.... on 21:50 - May 20 with 904 viewsBLUEBEAT

They've got one of the best recruitment teams.... on 21:37 - May 20 by Illinoisblue

A very good point. Surprised it wasn’t mentioned on the Town TV two-parter with Ashton last week. Wait, actually, I’m not surprised at all.

Yeah, fck TownTV.

Spoon-fed propaganda.

I don’t see why anyone would watch anything on there bar the actual matches.

Poll: ACID, FUNK, ACID FUNK?

Don't care where they are at present, on 22:08 - May 20 with 805 viewsPique

Don't care where they are at present, on 21:12 - May 20 by LankHenners

The idea that Brighton have hit their ceiling and aren't significantly further down the line than us as a club is a bit silly really, and is just 'cope' as Gen Z would say.

De Zerbi has just left them because their ambitions don't match his own and he doesn't have enough say over recruitment. If that's what McKenna wants to sign up for then all I can say is I'm very surprised.
They've got one of the best recruitment teams.... on 22:19 - May 20 with 767 viewsIllinoisblue

They've got one of the best recruitment teams.... on 21:50 - May 20 by BLUEBEAT

Yeah, fck TownTV.

Spoon-fed propaganda.

I don’t see why anyone would watch anything on there bar the actual matches.

It was an hour of back-slapping which I don’t have a problem with. At all, considering the incredible achievements of the last two years.

But if in-house media won’t ask basic questions and local traditional media are kept on a short leash, it doesn’t leave a lot of room.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I mean they only got to.... on 22:21 - May 20 with 743 viewsGeomorph

I mean they only got to.... on 21:19 - May 20 by Bloots

....the last 16 of the Europa League this season, beating Ajax en route.

Pfft, we got 4 points off Rotherham!

No comparison.
[Post edited 20 May 21:23]

Similar to the scums record of European glory.. albeit current
Don't care where they are at present, on 22:33 - May 20 with 699 viewsLankHenners

Don't care where they are at present, on 22:08 - May 20 by Pique

De Zerbi has just left them because their ambitions don't match his own and he doesn't have enough say over recruitment. If that's what McKenna wants to sign up for then all I can say is I'm very surprised.

De Zerbi's a pretty hot-headed character and Brighton aren't the first club to discover that working with him can be very challenging.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Don't care where they are at present, on 22:36 - May 20 with 653 viewsportmanking

Don't care where they are at present, on 22:33 - May 20 by LankHenners

De Zerbi's a pretty hot-headed character and Brighton aren't the first club to discover that working with him can be very challenging.

But the premise is true. He grew frustrated that he had little say in player acquisitions to fit their model. I guess we'll see if McKenna prefers to be a head coach or a manager.
Login to get fewer ads

Don't care where they are at present, on 22:39 - May 20 with 622 viewsPique

Don't care where they are at present, on 22:33 - May 20 by LankHenners

Perhaps. But McKenna is highly ambitious, and if he sees another ambitious young manager leave because Brighton aren't meeting him halfway it might be enough to put him off. Say what you like about Ashton, no one can ever accuse him and the ownership group of lacking ambition.

Personal opinion: I think McKenna would be daft to go to Brighton. The thing about stepping stones - they can be slipperier than they look. Just ask Mark McGhee, for anyone old enough to remember his salutary tale.
Don't care where they are at present, on 22:39 - May 20 with 608 viewsRedX

Don't care where they are at present, on 20:44 - May 20 by J2BLUE

Some people need to get in 2024 and recognise what an attractive proposition they are.

Ah stop.

Are we not the same?
Don't care where they are at present, on 22:42 - May 20 with 544 viewsstonojnr

Don't care where they are at present, on 21:12 - May 20 by FrimleyBlue

Fear of failure. Simple as.

No reason town can't be Brighton or more with current owners as shown by what they've done so far.

Jumping ship now is imo a sign of a person who doesn't have confidence in his ability. Which is odd for what he's achieved.

it feels more like a lack of fans confidence both in the club, and the manager.

consequently every rumoured premiership club, which btw last time I checked Town were as well thesedays, is a potential step up from Town.

keep the faith, or the next few months will be unbearable
Don't care where they are at present, on 23:05 - May 20 with 451 viewspositivity

it would be a step up from the destinations of our last 13 managers!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Don't care where they are at present, on 23:20 - May 20 with 385 viewsE_I_E_I_E_I_O

How ironic.

Many posters said they were happy the season was over despite the success so they could relax and be stress-free about football for a while. Many also said they wouldn't be on here for a month or 2.

Yet, here we are and most are more stressed than during the run-in. And this about something we absolutely can do nothing about. So let's just see what happens.

FWIW I would be shocked if he even considered going.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024