Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna 21:11 - May 20 with 9723 viewsSitfcB

https://www.theguardian.com/football/article/2024/may/20/brighton-pushing-to-sea
[Post edited 20 May 21:11]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 01:33 - May 21 with 418 viewsAmerican_ITFC

Sorry but if McKenna takes a sideways move to Brighton(I don't wanna hear about the established Prem players or any other BS they have, it would be a sideways move) then he can piss off.

Whilst I would understand him taking say a Man U, him taking Brighton would be total BS and all the things he has said about how we wants to keep on building something here, etc etc was simple false platitudes and it was clear he was just using us as a stepping stone.

I was not deluded enough to think he would be here the rest of his career, but I never thought in a million years he would leave us for someone like Brighton(If it does actually happen).

I would thank him for what he has done for us this past two seasons, then won't much care what happens to him after that, can get fired and never work in the game and I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep.

Hopefully this is all moot this speculation, and when he gets back from vacation he reiterates how he wants to stay here, but until then everyone is going to be stressed about it.

I for one am in the "It is what it is' set of mind. I trust Ashton to get someone similar one and we go at it.

I need a beer

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 06:59 - May 21 with 240 viewsbrogansnose

Guardian: Brighton pushing to seal deal for McKenna on 21:45 - May 20 by SuperKieranMcKenna

That article doesn’t actually confirm anything we don’t already know. It says a deal would need to be agree with Ipswich, and a deal with McKenna, so it’s not really any better journalism than talksport. There’s no confirmation I’ve seen that Brighton have even made an approach- just that he’s their first choice.

And as I said the other day why replacement needs to be at least similar stylistically, otherwise you just tear up the last two years work and start again. If we want to emulate Brighton’s progression - look how they replaced Potter, they wouldn’t have dreamed of someone like Edwards, they went for a coach with a not dissimilar approach.
[Post edited 20 May 21:48]

I'm viewing the Edwards connection in the same way that Neil Harris was being touted before KMc.

Ashton is very smoke and mirrors with this sort of thing.
[Post edited 21 May 7:08]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024