Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stop the Hyperbole 23:41 - May 20 with 638 viewsChris_ITFC

16 December 2021: Town mid-table in the 3rd division.

I tell you that an unknown, untested manager takes us to the Premier League in 2 full seasons, playing the best football in the country, with an absolutely packed stadium, and a newspaper article then says he MAY leave us for a richer, well-established Premier League club… You’d bite my hand off in a heartbeat.

Posts like “if he leaves he’s dead to me” are embarrassing, self-entitled and absolutely shameful.

They’re, quite frankly, unbelievable. The guy fits in a sentence behind Ramsay, Robson and next to Burley, and I’ll forever love what he did for us, whatever comes next. Jesus wept.
Stop the Hyperbole on 00:27 - May 21 with 515 viewsArnoldMoorhen

People are venting emotions. Not everyone is like Mr Spock.

If KM was linked heavily with Ajax then the disappointment would be real, but most people would see it as an amazing opportunity for him to go to a club with a big history and a culture of playing progressive, technical football.

But Brighton is different:

1 they have reached their realistic ceiling, with the current financial realities in the Premier League.

2 we would have to play them, and him, twice this coming season, and that would really rub our noses in it.
Stop the Hyperbole on 00:33 - May 21 with 491 views_clive_baker_

Stop the Hyperbole on 00:27 - May 21 by ArnoldMoorhen

People are venting emotions. Not everyone is like Mr Spock.

If KM was linked heavily with Ajax then the disappointment would be real, but most people would see it as an amazing opportunity for him to go to a club with a big history and a culture of playing progressive, technical football.

But Brighton is different:

1 they have reached their realistic ceiling, with the current financial realities in the Premier League.

2 we would have to play them, and him, twice this coming season, and that would really rub our noses in it.

Not sure they’ve necessarily reached a ceiling. They made a £123m profit last season, have a top class training facility, proven ability to recruit effectively, and they’re now well established in the premier league with little realistic immediate danger of relegation. Villa have just got into the champions league, there’s no reason why Brighton couldn’t.
Stop the Hyperbole on 07:33 - May 21 with 373 viewsChris_ITFC

Stop the Hyperbole on 00:33 - May 21 by _clive_baker_

Not sure they’ve necessarily reached a ceiling. They made a £123m profit last season, have a top class training facility, proven ability to recruit effectively, and they’re now well established in the premier league with little realistic immediate danger of relegation. Villa have just got into the champions league, there’s no reason why Brighton couldn’t.

Thought the same - I’m not comparing Emery’s CV to McKenna obviously, but it shows the difference a manager can make at a well-run club when you look at the contrast to Gerrard.
Stop the Hyperbole on 07:55 - May 21 with 334 viewsFrimleyBlue

Be thankful but after he leaves he's just another manager of another side. No need to continue to gush over him at that point. ( albeit timing is key here)

Give prem a go with town and you've done all you can.
Walk away without even trying it and you've left the project you talk so much about, left the club you only 3 weeks ago said you love being at all for the sake of a midtable prem table side that we could be within a few seasons.

Dead to me etc. No that's to far who ever said that

But the gushing for KM stops the minute any move is confirmed. Just like it does for any player.

If people dislike downes for wanting out then they can be hypocritical but marvel at KM if he leaves. Imo.

So I agree in part. Be thankful for what he achieved. But at the moment he's achieved the same managerial achievement as Lambert with nodge. Nothing more. And maybe less if he jumps ship now.

What does he achieve after us? Who cares. It means nothing to the club what happens after.

We are ipswich town not Kieran Mckennas ipswich. Life will go on.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Stop the Hyperbole on 08:51 - May 21 with 252 viewsChris_ITFC

Stop the Hyperbole on 07:55 - May 21 by FrimleyBlue

Be thankful but after he leaves he's just another manager of another side. No need to continue to gush over him at that point. ( albeit timing is key here)

Give prem a go with town and you've done all you can.
Walk away without even trying it and you've left the project you talk so much about, left the club you only 3 weeks ago said you love being at all for the sake of a midtable prem table side that we could be within a few seasons.

Dead to me etc. No that's to far who ever said that

But the gushing for KM stops the minute any move is confirmed. Just like it does for any player.

If people dislike downes for wanting out then they can be hypocritical but marvel at KM if he leaves. Imo.

So I agree in part. Be thankful for what he achieved. But at the moment he's achieved the same managerial achievement as Lambert with nodge. Nothing more. And maybe less if he jumps ship now.

What does he achieve after us? Who cares. It means nothing to the club what happens after.

We are ipswich town not Kieran Mckennas ipswich. Life will go on.

A very balanced response.

But boy, it would be hella weird to see him managing another team in the same league.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024