Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When was the last time a manager left itfc of his own accord? 08:17 - May 21 with 922 viewsBondiBlue

I have never seen it happen. Every ipswich manager i've ever known has been sacked for being not good enough. I suppose you could say royle and mccarthy were a bit more mutual decision but really, both were let go.

Poll: Which would you accept?

When was the last time a manager left itfc of his own accord? on 08:20 - May 21 with 867 viewsGlasgowBlue

McCarthy

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

When was the last time a manager left itfc of his own accord? on 08:24 - May 21 with 815 viewsfooters

Jewell was also mutual.

Unbelievable as that may seem now.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

When was the last time a manager left itfc of his own accord? on 08:24 - May 21 with 814 viewsParisBlue

John Duncan was the first manager we sacked, though Bobby Ferguson was "let go" at the end of his contract.

Robson, Ramsey left for England

McGarry left shortly after promotion to the top division for a bigger club in Wolves (sound familiar?)

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

When was the last time a manager left itfc of his own accord? on 08:29 - May 21 with 773 viewsBondiBlue

When was the last time a manager left itfc of his own accord? on 08:24 - May 21 by footers

Jewell was also mutual.

Unbelievable as that may seem now.

Jewell seemed quite self-aware. He knew he was dreadful.

Poll: Which would you accept?

When was the last time a manager left itfc of his own accord? on 08:34 - May 21 with 713 viewsmuhrensleftfoot

When was the last time a manager left itfc of his own accord? on 08:20 - May 21 by GlasgowBlue

McCarthy

Jewell left before he was sacked. McCarthy too. Sir Bobby was really the last one to leave completely of his own volition, to manage England.
When was the last time a manager left itfc of his own accord? on 08:36 - May 21 with 696 viewsfooters

When was the last time a manager left itfc of his own accord? on 08:29 - May 21 by BondiBlue

Jewell seemed quite self-aware. He knew he was dreadful.

He was a very nice man but sadly not a good manager.

See also: Paul Cook.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

When was the last time a manager left itfc of his own accord? on 09:08 - May 21 with 548 viewsFtnfwest

When was the last time a manager left itfc of his own accord? on 08:24 - May 21 by ParisBlue

John Duncan was the first manager we sacked, though Bobby Ferguson was "let go" at the end of his contract.

Robson, Ramsey left for England

McGarry left shortly after promotion to the top division for a bigger club in Wolves (sound familiar?)

i think it's been on here before but how many managers have we actually ever sacked? I'm sure its only 3 or 4?
When was the last time a manager left itfc of his own accord? on 09:10 - May 21 with 530 viewspatrickswell

When was the last time a manager left itfc of his own accord? on 08:36 - May 21 by footers

He was a very nice man but sadly not a good manager.

See also: Paul Cook.

I’ve criticised Cook as much as anyone, but taking his managerial career in the round, the Ipswich job is his only real failure in terms of achievement.
Login to get fewer ads

When was the last time a manager left itfc of his own accord? on 09:11 - May 21 with 517 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

That’s more of an indictment of how terrible most of the appointments have been in recent years.

Most of them haven’t even found another job in management since been sacked from Town, let alone being poached by competitors.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024