Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What’s the worst flight you’ve ever been on? 12:28 - May 21 with 989 viewsIllinoisblue

This turbulence sounds awful.

https://bbc.com/news/articles/c8889d7x8j4o

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

What’s the worst flight you’ve ever been on? on 14:18 - May 21 with 844 viewsbrazil1982

Bangkok - LHR several years ago, a child screaming for almost the entire flight behind me. Put me off long haul.
What’s the worst flight you’ve ever been on? on 14:25 - May 21 with 825 viewssolemio

Landing at Funchal Airport, Madeira - a very short runway - in winds so strong that usually the plane would have been diverted to Casablanca.

When the cabin crew look scared that is probably not a bad time to be concerned.
What’s the worst flight you’ve ever been on? on 14:28 - May 21 with 805 viewshype313

Lon -NY was 3 hours of absolute chaos, always had bad turbulence flying over Asia, but used to find it quite good to get me off to sleep.

Awful news about this flight, but I bet most weren't wearing seatbelts.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

What’s the worst flight you’ve ever been on? on 14:32 - May 21 with 777 viewsIllinoisblue

What’s the worst flight you’ve ever been on? on 14:18 - May 21 by brazil1982

Bangkok - LHR several years ago, a child screaming for almost the entire flight behind me. Put me off long haul.

Does not sound like fun. Had screaming child and an adult puking on the thankfully short flight from Dublin to Gatwick once. It was a bouncy flight and no fun at all.

62 - 78 - 81

What’s the worst flight you’ve ever been on? on 14:35 - May 21 with 754 viewsRobTheMonk

Qatar to Indonesia. I was sat at the front and to my left in the middle isle, a mum for about 4 hours was doing her best with a crying baby. She looked exhausted. The baby eventually fell asleep in the cot at the front. The air stewards 5 minutes later then said we were going to hit turbulence and the baby had to come out of the cot. Baby woke up and started crying, the Mum was then sobbing too. I ended up drinking through it with a random Belarusian physicist football fan.
What’s the worst flight you’ve ever been on? on 14:42 - May 21 with 720 viewsgiant_stow

I've got two (and I'm not super experienced on foreign travel) :

One to Cyprus where someone shat themselves just before takeoff and the smell hung around for the whole trip. (I know it was poo not farts, cos of the longevity and also poo, in my experience has a slightly different smell to fart.)

The second was over Australia when terrible turbulence forced the cabin crew to run to their seats and buckle up in a panic.
[Post edited 21 May 14:43]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

What’s the worst flight you’ve ever been on? on 14:46 - May 21 with 687 viewsChurchman

What’s the worst flight you’ve ever been on? on 14:25 - May 21 by solemio

Landing at Funchal Airport, Madeira - a very short runway - in winds so strong that usually the plane would have been diverted to Casablanca.

When the cabin crew look scared that is probably not a bad time to be concerned.

You have to be specially qualified to land at Funchal. The old turbulence from the hills is constant. It’s a little easier now they’ve extended the runway, but it’s still an experience. Been a few times to Madeira and worst was three attempts.

Worst flight? Non airline, the worst was a military helicopter that lost one of its engines. It was perfectly fine on one, but shook pitched and rolled about like hell. The noise! They needed to clean it after it landed.

Airline? The worst experience was taking off at Denver a few years ago. It was ice and snow and the pilot aborted take off at the very last second. Screeching of brakes, wheels, stuff breaking loose in the cabin, scream of 747 engines in reverse thrust. My mate who has flown literally thousands of hours with his job over the years reckoned that was his worst experience too.
What’s the worst flight you’ve ever been on? on 14:47 - May 21 with 676 viewsDeano69

Sitting on the runway, with minimal clean air on a full plane in Beijing for almost 9 hours waiting for the snow to stop freezing in -30 oC temperatures on the wings and fuselage.

Then risking the take-off in those conditions.

We landed in Hong Kong +35 oC temperatures and 95% humidity.

On a flight to Jersey recently a cabin crew member asked his colleague in normal voice levels, in front of a family member (scared of flying), 'should the door be making that weird whistling noise, I have never heard it before)'

Also had a touchdown / immediate take off at Alicante. We seemed to be coming in to land OK touched the runway then full blast back up into the sky again. No message or comms from pilot or cabin crew. Circled round for 20 mins then landed. Few warm seats when we came in again....
[Post edited 21 May 14:54]

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Login to get fewer ads

What’s the worst flight you’ve ever been on? on 14:49 - May 21 with 671 viewsartsbossbeard

Had to properly separate a couple of Yankee Doodle Dandies on my recent Vegas to Hawaii flight as they were getting angry about a seat being reclined and were nose to nose and sweary.

Got an extra G&T from the lovely air crew for my assistance.

Worst was on the way back from Boston on a VA flight where the captain advised he had some good & bad news. Good news was that we were going to be back at Heathrow earlier than scheduled due to a v strong tail wind. The bad news was that it was going to be bumpy all flight due to the v strong tail wind. He wasn't wrong. Some v ill people on-board & a distinct lack of meal service due to the bumpiness.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

What’s the worst flight you’ve ever been on? on 14:51 - May 21 with 660 viewsgeg1992

Flying back from Ghana, turbulence got so bad that so many people were crying and several people were also praying. Really put me off for a while. Didn't help that the plane was ancient, don't like British Airways because of that route.

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

What’s the worst flight you’ve ever been on? on 15:22 - May 21 with 535 viewsIllinoisblue

What’s the worst flight you’ve ever been on? on 14:49 - May 21 by artsbossbeard

Had to properly separate a couple of Yankee Doodle Dandies on my recent Vegas to Hawaii flight as they were getting angry about a seat being reclined and were nose to nose and sweary.

Got an extra G&T from the lovely air crew for my assistance.

Worst was on the way back from Boston on a VA flight where the captain advised he had some good & bad news. Good news was that we were going to be back at Heathrow earlier than scheduled due to a v strong tail wind. The bad news was that it was going to be bumpy all flight due to the v strong tail wind. He wasn't wrong. Some v ill people on-board & a distinct lack of meal service due to the bumpiness.

When I’m President/King there will be no such thing as reclining seats on planes. Absolute work of the devil unless you’re 5ft tall. They maybe made sense about four decades ago when planes were less crowded and passengers weren’t treated as cattle.

62 - 78 - 81

What’s the worst flight you’ve ever been on? on 15:24 - May 21 with 529 viewsMeadowlark

Kinshasa to Banana, Zaire.1981

Old Dakota. They didn't bother to put the door on and there were giant insects living in the seats! Really!
Fortunately it was a very quick flight.
What’s the worst flight you’ve ever been on? on 15:25 - May 21 with 517 viewsAmerican_ITFC

On a flight to Hawaii about ten years ago now, a baby threw up on me twice and the guy on the other side of me smelled like ass.

Also, after the flight I got the runs from the food.

Awesome.

I need a beer

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024