Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Love-In project is dead; long live the Money project 02:51 - May 22 with 1912 viewsPhuketPete

I’m happy for KM to win the award. Well deserved. But… also seems like the end of a love-in project and start of a new era in more ways that simply that of Town going up to the EPL.

It was supposed to be a long hot Championship summer of celebration and love, but as Meatloaf said “I’d do anything for love: but I won’t do that”. Before us more mortals have even packed our bags for Majorca (or Phuket), or the kids finished their end of year exams, it’s all about the Colour of Money. I’m sure MA was going to dish out a mega pay award to KM and the players anyway. But now it feels to the uninitiated a bit like the Club has been blackmailed. (Assuming KM stays which isn’t yet certain).

Next up if he does stay, we’re going to get more of these rumours every time a manager quits a half decent club

Question: “If despite his contract, promises to MA and mega pay rise, Keiran is going to allow his head to be turned by each new vacancy, then just maybe, is it better that he goes sooner rather than later?”.

Not now of course as a sudden departure of him and probably most of his team would massively dent our chances of survival.

**Get that succession plan warmed up Mark!! **
The Love-In project is dead; long live the Money project on 05:51 - May 22 with 1672 viewstcblue

Or, we actually stand by the whole "we don't know how long we'll have him, so let's enjoy it while it lasts" that we've been saying for at least a year.

The whole "I'll lose respect for Kieran if he goes to Brighton" and "his.head.is being turned" stuff is the real thing making this week unbearable on here. He's literally not said a word about any of it, indeed might be on holiday, and here some of us are digging him out when he's been nothing short of a legend here (not necessarily aimed at you OP!).

I don't expect him to be here at the start of the season, but I don't begrudge him anything - he's rightly incredibly hot property and we should be celebrating that, not acting like weird exes
[Post edited 22 May 5:55]
The Love-In project is dead; long live the Money project on 07:51 - May 22 with 1265 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

What the actual F are you talking about?!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

The Love-In project is dead; long live the Money project on 07:56 - May 22 with 1243 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Who said his head has been turned?

This is a load of media talk, and a load of supporters sh1tting themselves.
It’s hardly as though he’s asked to speak to other clubs.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

The Love-In project is dead; long live the Money project on 08:00 - May 22 with 1217 viewsbluejacko

Oh dear! How long did that nonsense take to think up🙄
The Love-In project is dead; long live the Money project on 08:01 - May 22 with 1207 viewsfooters

I'm not sure what Chris Tarrant has to do with anything.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

The Love-In project is dead; long live the Money project on 08:08 - May 22 with 1169 viewsjoepublic

Reading the board at the moment is like bearing witness to the various stages of grief for a passing that hasn't and may not happen.

Keep the faith and know that when the season starts we will have some top players on the pitch and Town will always be the club we love.

Regardless of who is at the wheel.

Poll: If you had to choose one other team to join us in the automatic places?

The Love-In project is dead; long live the Money project on 08:11 - May 22 with 1143 viewsStokieBlue

The Love-In project is dead; long live the Money project on 08:08 - May 22 by joepublic

Reading the board at the moment is like bearing witness to the various stages of grief for a passing that hasn't and may not happen.

Keep the faith and know that when the season starts we will have some top players on the pitch and Town will always be the club we love.

Regardless of who is at the wheel.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

The Love-In project is dead; long live the Money project on 10:25 - May 22 with 910 viewsJ2BLUE

When I see posts like this I feel more sympathy for players and managers who jump at every opportunity.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

The Love-In project is dead; long live the Money project on 10:28 - May 22 with 896 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

So you’ve never moved jobs for more money then?
The Love-In project is dead; long live the Money project on 10:45 - May 22 with 829 viewsCaptainAhab

So if KM stays it's because the club has been blackmailed? And he'll have his head turned by every job that comes up and should've jumped earlier? Well that's the sh*ttiest take I've read yet, congrats!
The Love-In project is dead; long live the Money project on 11:41 - May 22 with 694 viewsBlueBadger

Give over, you great fanny.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The Love-In project is dead; long live the Money project on 11:43 - May 22 with 660 viewsChurchman

The Love-In project is dead; long live the Money project on 10:28 - May 22 by SuperKieranMcKenna

So you’ve never moved jobs for more money then?

No. I never did. I always seemed to have enough to get by. My motivation for moving was never money, but the jobs themselves. Did they interest me? Was there a career path? Did they suit domestically? Did I like and trust (as far as you can) who I was working for.

I always worked on the basis that if I was good enough, the money would follow me. But everyone is different. That was what worked for me.
The Love-In project is dead; long live the Money project on 12:24 - May 22 with 552 viewsEuropablue

Do you know what blackmail means? Even if KM were being mercenary in demanding a pay rise or he will go to another club willing to pay him his worth, we still have the option to say no. The big problem with great manager and players is that they can outgrow you. As it happens, I feel like ITFC and KM are growing well together.
If KM does leave it will be a very worrying sign because it will basically be him thinking that we are not up to it. He doesn't need another stepping stone job, he can use us as the stepping stone to Utd. or become a real legend of the game and win with an unfancied side.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024