Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brighton 11:10 - May 22 with 4272 viewsAnsty

Cant quite believe i would see the day where we lost our manager to brighton in their identikit stadium on an industrial estate.

No history, no soul.

sad day.
Brighton on 11:11 - May 22 with 3460 viewsfooters

He's not left yet.

Put your big boy pants on.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Brighton on 11:12 - May 22 with 3433 viewsAnsty

Brighton on 11:11 - May 22 by footers

He's not left yet.

Its done.
Brighton on 11:14 - May 22 with 3378 viewsBossy

Brighton on 11:12 - May 22 by Ansty

Its done.

Says who?

Poll: Should there be stickied threads for hot topics (e.g. matchday/McKenna rumours)?

Brighton on 11:23 - May 22 with 3237 viewsGeoffSentence

Brighton on 11:14 - May 22 by Bossy

Says who?

Ansty

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Brighton on 11:28 - May 22 with 3142 viewsGeoffSentence

Its done.

Your nearly but not quite def infos from the Jan transfer window were off the mark. Nicholas Jackson? Hrry Smith?

On what basis should anyone accept 'it's done' from you?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Brighton on 11:30 - May 22 with 3075 viewsGlasgowBlue

I must have missed the announcement that he's gone.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Brighton on 11:43 - May 22 with 2934 viewsRedX

According to a trusted ITK Brighton journo talks with McKenna are at an advanced stage.

According to their forum.
Brighton on 11:44 - May 22 with 2867 viewsRyorry

Brighton on 11:43 - May 22 by RedX

According to a trusted ITK Brighton journo talks with McKenna are at an advanced stage.

😂

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Login to get fewer ads

Brighton on 11:48 - May 22 with 2783 viewssolemio

Brighton on 11:14 - May 22 by Bossy

Says who?

I thought Ansty meant he'd just put his big boy pants on when it said 'It's done.'
Brighton on 11:55 - May 22 with 2662 viewsSitfcB

Its done.

Better lump your life savings on @ 11/10 then.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Brighton on 11:55 - May 22 with 2644 viewsleitrimblue

I have to agree with the no history no soul part of yer statement.
Their a fatboy slim, Chris Eubank of a club
Brighton on 12:00 - May 22 with 2597 viewsPhilTWTD

As per yesterday, think Brighton is now less likely than it seemed. Don't think anything will be resolved as such for a bit yet though with the Chelsea and Man U vacancies. Whether KMc is seriously a candidate for either remains to be seen but clearly his representatives will want to give every chance of him being in the running.
Brighton on 12:04 - May 22 with 2473 viewsStokieBlue

Brighton on 11:11 - May 22 by footers

He's not left yet.

It's an improvement on his post from yesterday which I see is no longer with us.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Brighton on 12:13 - May 22 with 2350 viewsReus30

The same forum that has a thread in gold about how a kid cheated on his missus with her best pal but someone made an insanely funny anime clip about it.

Wrong uns over there though.

My two cents - he is staying. I was worried about it previously but last night put me at ease.

He will lead us next season without doubt. Real Madrid can come in for him for all I care. One more season with us, it's a given.

He is going to lead us into Europe, I can feel it.

Edit - I just have this feeling, this sense of everything around him exudes calmness, a resolve and steeliness he will lead us to great things next year. Honestly, if he told me to jump off a cliff, I would.
[Post edited 22 May 12:16]
Brighton on 12:15 - May 22 with 2329 viewsITFCBlues

Brighton on 12:00 - May 22 by PhilTWTD

As per yesterday, think Brighton is now less likely than it seemed. Don't think anything will be resolved as such for a bit yet though with the Chelsea and Man U vacancies. Whether KMc is seriously a candidate for either remains to be seen but clearly his representatives will want to give every chance of him being in the running.

What's happened with Brighton then, Phil? Have they just moved on to another target or more KM side not fancying it?

Surprised how much he's being linked with Chelsea/Man United - obviously a top coach, but seems a huge gamble for them without having any top flight experience.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Brighton on 12:21 - May 22 with 2171 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Brighton on 12:15 - May 22 by ITFCBlues

What's happened with Brighton then, Phil? Have they just moved on to another target or more KM side not fancying it?

Surprised how much he's being linked with Chelsea/Man United - obviously a top coach, but seems a huge gamble for them without having any top flight experience.

Indeed, I just can't see anything in United or Chelsea, a huge risk for both of them, but also for McKenna.

McKenna goes there, doesn't perform for whatever reason, player power, whatever it might be, gets canned in February.

This will do far more harm to his reputation than a season of struggle with us, ask Frank Lampard and Steven Gerrard what happens when you go to a big club too soon.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Brighton on 12:22 - May 22 with 2182 viewsPhilTWTD

Not sure, think there was an element of Brighton believing they were going to get him prematurely and leaks along those lines coming from there. But still not sure we're completely out of the woods on that front.

I'm with you on Chelsea and Man U, I think he'd be too much of a gamble for their owners.
Brighton on 12:22 - May 22 with 2153 viewsHipsterectomy

You said he was off to West Ham in February 😂😂😂😂

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Brighton on 12:23 - May 22 with 2102 viewsitfctilidie

Pep Guardiola - Barcelona C > Barcelona B > Barcelona
Mikel Arteta - Man City Assistant > Arsenal
Kieran McKenna - Man United Assistant > Ipswich (back to back promotions with records points tally)

Not as big a gamble as I think some are thinking it is. McKenna arguably has more experience than Guardiola and Arteta at the time in their careers they landed the big roles
Brighton on 12:25 - May 22 with 2055 viewsfooters

Brighton on 12:22 - May 22 by Hipsterectomy

You said he was off to West Ham in February 😂😂😂😂

Bloody hell, they sacked him quick, didn't they.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Brighton on 12:26 - May 22 with 2029 viewsOldsmoker

Journos haven't much to write about now the season is over.

It's all about these journos staying relevant and the clicks - it's always the clicks.

Ps. There's the FA Cup Final but that concerns just Manchester.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Brighton on 12:43 - May 22 with 1772 viewsSheffordBlue

Brighton on 12:26 - May 22 by Oldsmoker

Journos haven't much to write about now the season is over.

It's all about these journos staying relevant and the clicks - it's always the clicks.

Ps. There's the FA Cup Final but that concerns just Manchester.

I think some people make out that the journalists are just making this up. I agree with you that the season being over means that they have less to write about it. I think with this kind of stuff if means that some of the journalists will put stories out at a much earlier stage and with fewer corroborating sources than they might otherwise and that additional weight is given to things that might not be storyworthy in different circumstances.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Brighton on 12:48 - May 22 with 1666 viewsgiant_stow

Brighton on 12:22 - May 22 by PhilTWTD

Not sure, think there was an element of Brighton believing they were going to get him prematurely and leaks along those lines coming from there. But still not sure we're completely out of the woods on that front.

I'm with you on Chelsea and Man U, I think he'd be too much of a gamble for their owners.

Man U have nothing left to lose - they ought to be going all out for your man, with a remit to rip it up and start again - same as he did for yous.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Brighton on 12:51 - May 22 with 1584 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Brighton on 12:22 - May 22 by PhilTWTD

Surely he wouldn’t want the Chelsea job - they are an absolute comedy of a club. Boehly is utterly clueless at running a football club.

The longevity of their managers is seriously short. I get there is the safety net of a huge payoff, and sitting around in the garden for a couple of years like Potter, but that doesn’t feel like something KM would want to contemplate. There’d presumably have to be some cast iron guarantees for him to take it, which I doubt they’d be willing to offer a manager who’s not yet worked in the top flight.
Brighton on 12:58 - May 22 with 1460 viewsPhilTWTD

Brighton on 12:51 - May 22 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Surely he wouldn’t want the Chelsea job - they are an absolute comedy of a club. Boehly is utterly clueless at running a football club.

The longevity of their managers is seriously short. I get there is the safety net of a huge payoff, and sitting around in the garden for a couple of years like Potter, but that doesn’t feel like something KM would want to contemplate. There’d presumably have to be some cast iron guarantees for him to take it, which I doubt they’d be willing to offer a manager who’s not yet worked in the top flight.

No, I agree, I think he might be put off by the chaos there however big the club is. His agents might well want to get him in there though!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024