Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where were all these wet blankets 12:26 - May 22 with 833 viewsReus30

When we were on fire during the promotion push?

Where you been hiding?

Silly boys (and girls).
Where were all these wet blankets on 12:46 - May 22 with 744 viewscharlie1

You haven’t been on here much in the last couple of months then?

Every time we conceded first, failed to score in the first twenty minutes of a game, drew or (gasp) lost games, the histrionics on here were off the chart.

Full Chicken Little.

I don’t remember any team in my 47 years of watching Town who won every game of a season without conceding a goal, but somehow that was the expectation.
Where were all these wet blankets on 12:54 - May 22 with 708 viewsBlueBadger

On here, wetting their nappies about Leeds and Southampton, mostly.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Where were all these wet blankets on 12:56 - May 22 with 693 viewsEuanTown

Putting the fire out
Where were all these wet blankets on 13:00 - May 22 with 660 viewsBloomBlue

You should have been on the chat room during games. I think during the Hull game I saw words describing Town as, amateurish, schoolboy, disgusting, disgraceful, embarrassing, shameful.

Lots of wet blankets
Where were all these wet blankets on 13:02 - May 22 with 638 viewsIllinoisblue

Where were all these wet blankets on 12:46 - May 22 by charlie1

Every time we conceded first, failed to score in the first twenty minutes of a game, drew or (gasp) lost games, the histrionics on here were off the chart.

Full Chicken Little.

I don’t remember any team in my 47 years of watching Town who won every game of a season without conceding a goal, but somehow that was the expectation.

Oh, cool, we’re still doing that thing where we view fans venting and letting off steam in real time to events on the pitch is somehow evidence of people losing their minds instead of seeding it as football fans just being football fans.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Where were all these wet blankets on 13:21 - May 22 with 561 viewscharlie1

Where were all these wet blankets on 13:02 - May 22 by Illinoisblue

Oh, cool, we’re still doing that thing where we view fans venting and letting off steam in real time to events on the pitch is somehow evidence of people losing their minds instead of seeding it as football fans just being football fans.

I could never understand why the level of angst was always significantly greater than the level of celebration in the most successful season for 20 years.

A goal scored would garner one or two posts, but a goal against would bring about 10.

Is that what being a football fan is nowadays?
Where were all these wet blankets on 13:25 - May 22 with 530 viewsburnbudgiesburn

Where were all these wet blankets on 13:21 - May 22 by charlie1

I could never understand why the level of angst was always significantly greater than the level of celebration in the most successful season for 20 years.

A goal scored would garner one or two posts, but a goal against would bring about 10.

Is that what being a football fan is nowadays?

Its the way this forum is set up, it encourages it.

During a match rather than venting frustrating on a match thread that will get lost in minutes, people will start a new thread on a particular moment ingame that frustration.
Where were all these wet blankets on 13:31 - May 22 with 506 viewscharlie1

Where were all these wet blankets on 13:25 - May 22 by burnbudgiesburn

Its the way this forum is set up, it encourages it.

During a match rather than venting frustrating on a match thread that will get lost in minutes, people will start a new thread on a particular moment ingame that frustration.

Makes sense, but it was the proportionality that always saddened me.

That the doom-mongers outnumbered anybody with positivity 4 or 5 to 1 just seemed completely at odds with what we were actually witnessing in terms of overall team performance.
Login to get fewer ads

Where were all these wet blankets on 14:15 - May 22 with 436 viewsBuhrer

Where were all these wet blankets on 13:31 - May 22 by charlie1

Makes sense, but it was the proportionality that always saddened me.

That the doom-mongers outnumbered anybody with positivity 4 or 5 to 1 just seemed completely at odds with what we were actually witnessing in terms of overall team performance.

The proportionality always saddened you?

What a wet blanket
Where were all these wet blankets on 14:40 - May 22 with 381 viewsStewart27

Where were all these wet blankets on 12:46 - May 22 by charlie1

Full Chicken Little.

Wait until the season kicks off and we’re losing 3-0 to Fulham in the first game.

Some of the people crying about KM now will be saying we should have let him go.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024