Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pub Team 10:59 - Jan 18 with 343 viewsBlue_Armee

That's what we looked like in front of the whole nation last night. The players looked like a hung over Sunday morning pub team. If professional players can't control a ball and pass it, and be brave enough to want the ball at their feet, then they are in the wrong profession, and there is something very wrong with the recruitment and coaching at our great club.

In my opinion Digby, Gerken, Knudsen and Douglas , should be moved on, they are not good enough.

Harsh you might think, but Digby just panicked and booted it virtually every time he had the ball, he is not a Championsip player, and on last nights performance he wouldn't cut it at Lincoln's level either. Gerken kicked a dead ball straight out of play TWICE in the space of about five minutes, and flapped or stayed on his line on a number of occasions. Knudsen is just lost out there on the pitch, totally out of his depth. Douglas and Skuse together does not, and never will work, and Skuse is one of our better players, and should retain his place. Playing Douglas at 35 is just hindering the development of some of our younger talented players.

Mr Evans, I traveled to support my club last night, and I was, and still am, totally stunned and embarrassed, I can't imagine how you must feel having your name/brand all over a performance like that on national TV.

The game has changed massively over the past decade, and Mick's style of management/coaching has not changed with it. Mick's body language is that of a tired and beaten man, although he is to proud to admit it. It's time to put Mick out of his misery, call it mutual consent if you like, but get it done, and let's get in a manager and coaching team who have fresh ideas, tactical awareness, and recruit some players who are worthy of representing Ipswich Town.

Poll: Mexit or McStay? Not what you want but what you think will actually happen

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024