Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I make Dyer spot on with that interview. 18:56 - Jan 23 with 5038 viewsLankHenners

I anticipate and have already seen "yeah, but the players should be doing more" comments, which is true to an extent, but it's hard to step up and pull out bigger and better performances when your own fans are on your back, which has now been spelled out by a former player of ours.

Whilst the fans aren't to blame for the poor run of form, what a not insignificant amount of people can't seem to grasp is the detrimental effect of a poor/negative atmosphere at Portman Road. How many times during our playoff season did Mick say that you can go to teams not doing so great, go on the aggressive, get the first goal and let their fans make it difficult for them to get back into the game. It's not just a cheap soundbite when players say "we'll try and get their fans on their backs". They know it'll be beneficial to them.

Also sounds right on Evans etc. We overachieved and Evans didn't see fit to make sure we were able to sustain that level of achievement, and now we've ended up here.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 19:05 - Jan 23 with 2561 viewsJ2BLUE

Dyer is only 38...can we sign him?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 19:08 - Jan 23 with 2545 viewsLankHenners

I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 19:05 - Jan 23 by J2BLUE

Dyer is only 38...can we sign him?

I'd take Danny Dyer at this stage to be honest.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 19:11 - Jan 23 with 2518 viewsIllinoisblue

it is hard to disagree with anything he said. On the subject of fans; it would be both amazing and unprecedented for fans to organise a "really backing the blues" kind of day with everyone bringing banners, scarves, balloons, confetti, drums etc. to whip up a 90-minute atmosphere of support and positivity. I know it will never happen, but would love to see the reaction from the players if such a day occurred.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 19:11 - Jan 23 with 2507 viewsBenters

Im still having nightmares over the Forest and Lincoln game .

Were they both the fans fault ?

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 19:15 - Jan 23 with 2480 viewsVic

I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 19:11 - Jan 23 by Benters

He's not saying they were the fans fault is he! He's saying that the fans who moan (thankfully you don't go!) only make things worse for the players.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 19:15 - Jan 23 with 2478 viewsSuperfrans

Of course not. Nobody is saying that.

But, we all know that the bad atmosphere in the ground, from the terraces has an impact on the players surely?

I'm really not sure how many professional footballers (current and former) need to say that it does have an effect before the penny drops.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 19:17 - Jan 23 with 2468 viewsVic

Blimey, Kieran doesn't pull any punches there with the owner does he! Something tells me he's not over enamoured with the way he's running things. "Peed off not to go for Cat 1" etc.

Very revealing interview about the way some of the employees feel I reckon.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 19:19 - Jan 23 with 2444 viewscbower

He couldn't be more right Henners. Yes, the football is poor and we are largely terrible to watch but there is a certainly a vibe at games (and definitely on here) that some are so keen to get rid of Mick that they are willing the team to fail and all hope is abandoned if we go behind. Being the 12th man is a distant memory for many. The atmosphere at Huddersfield on Saturday shows what can be generated. Hope the fans shouting "sacked in the morning", "your football is sh1te", and constantly abusing our players will at least listen to one of our own and get behind the players to see us safe. Without some investment, I can't see anyone else getting us through the next few months. A change in the summer would appear more logical and likely.

bluescouser

Login to get fewer ads

I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 19:21 - Jan 23 with 2418 viewsBenters

I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 19:15 - Jan 23 by Vic

He's not saying they were the fans fault is he! He's saying that the fans who moan (thankfully you don't go!) only make things worse for the players.

So it is the fans fault then.

Gentlybentley

I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 19:21 - Jan 23 with 2421 viewscbower

Did you read the piece or is that called being deliberately obtuse?

bluescouser

I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 19:22 - Jan 23 with 2421 viewsSuperfrans

I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 19:11 - Jan 23 by Illinoisblue

it is hard to disagree with anything he said. On the subject of fans; it would be both amazing and unprecedented for fans to organise a "really backing the blues" kind of day with everyone bringing banners, scarves, balloons, confetti, drums etc. to whip up a 90-minute atmosphere of support and positivity. I know it will never happen, but would love to see the reaction from the players if such a day occurred.

Not sure anyone would expect that.

The other thing it is worth saying, is that it's not just the active negativity from the fans (booing, jeering etc) which affects the players - there is also a general lack of confidence from the fans, which is shared with the players. I'm sure we can all remember it from the dark days under Keane and Jewell too, when we turned up to games with little confidence that we'd get a win, or even when we were ahead, that we couldn't see games out. It feels very similar now too, with added concern that none of us are probably very confident that we will score a goal at the moment, unless Tom Lawrence is on one of his runs. To be fair to us fans, there's not a lot that we can do about that.

I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 19:24 - Jan 23 with 2399 viewsIllinoisblue

I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 19:22 - Jan 23 by Superfrans

Not sure anyone would expect that.

The other thing it is worth saying, is that it's not just the active negativity from the fans (booing, jeering etc) which affects the players - there is also a general lack of confidence from the fans, which is shared with the players. I'm sure we can all remember it from the dark days under Keane and Jewell too, when we turned up to games with little confidence that we'd get a win, or even when we were ahead, that we couldn't see games out. It feels very similar now too, with added concern that none of us are probably very confident that we will score a goal at the moment, unless Tom Lawrence is on one of his runs. To be fair to us fans, there's not a lot that we can do about that.

that's my point; nobody would expect it so the players would automatically be lifted or at least momentarily jolted from their current state of lumbering around the pitch pretending to be professional footballers.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 19:25 - Jan 23 with 2399 viewslazyblue

I will never understand why some home fans want a toxic atmosphere, we all know is not good at moment but Christ how does booing and anti-chants help anyone .
I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 19:26 - Jan 23 with 2392 viewslegoman

Fans get excited when there is something to get excited about. If not they are either quite or they boo, thats life. Its hard to pretend to support somebody.

Poll: Sheepshanks 5 years -v- Evans 5 points

I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 19:28 - Jan 23 with 2374 viewsBenters

I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 19:15 - Jan 23 by Superfrans

Of course not. Nobody is saying that.

But, we all know that the bad atmosphere in the ground, from the terraces has an impact on the players surely?

I'm really not sure how many professional footballers (current and former) need to say that it does have an effect before the penny drops.

Funnily enough both games of Championship footie i watched Saturday on Sky the fans were all behind their teams .

Why ? becuase they all played decent football and not the dross we serve up.

Also while im at it if MM calls the first goal Huddersfield scored a " Worldie" we are in trouble...

Still "they are a great team hey Mick" Radio Suffolk another fkn joke !

balls.

Gentlybentley

I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 19:36 - Jan 23 with 2315 viewsPJH

I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 19:25 - Jan 23 by lazyblue

I will never understand why some home fans want a toxic atmosphere, we all know is not good at moment but Christ how does booing and anti-chants help anyone .

The most likely explanation is that those doing it are seriously lacking in intellect.
After reading that, my main thought was..... on 19:39 - Jan 23 with 2299 viewsBloots

.....£750,000?

Eh?!?

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 19:43 - Jan 23 with 2263 viewsnoitan

Common sense really.

Curlew

I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 19:45 - Jan 23 with 2235 viewsDolly2.0

I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 19:11 - Jan 23 by Illinoisblue

That's a brilliant idea Illy.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 19:54 - Jan 23 with 2175 viewsTrequartista

i disagree. he doesn't specifically blame anybody without excusing them
[Post edited 23 Jan 2017 20:10]

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 19:56 - Jan 23 with 2155 viewsDolly2.0

I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 19:54 - Jan 23 by Trequartista

Did you miss the bit about Marcus Evans then?

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 20:03 - Jan 23 with 2110 viewsDubtractor

He didn't say that did he?

Made it pretty clear he agrees football is poor and ME needs to put more cash in.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 20:03 - Jan 23 with 2106 viewslegoman

I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 19:36 - Jan 23 by PJH

The most likely explanation is that those doing it are seriously lacking in intellect.

Trump knows what that feels like!

Poll: Sheepshanks 5 years -v- Evans 5 points

I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 20:04 - Jan 23 with 2114 viewsPhilTWTD

He's not actually at the moment, my error. He's not currently coaching at the club. Have amended the article.
I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 20:04 - Jan 23 with 2096 viewsSuperfrans

I make Dyer spot on with that interview. on 19:28 - Jan 23 by Benters

Funnily enough both games of Championship footie i watched Saturday on Sky the fans were all behind their teams .

Why ? becuase they all played decent football and not the dross we serve up.

Also while im at it if MM calls the first goal Huddersfield scored a " Worldie" we are in trouble...

Still "they are a great team hey Mick" Radio Suffolk another fkn joke !

balls.

Of course. And the reason fans get miserable is when their teams play poorly.
Cheers, that hadn't occurred to me. 👍🏻

But equally, why would you boo or jeer if you know that that very act is going to make it even more difficult for the team you're supposed to be supporting?

I get that people act out of emotion. But when the emotion goes, when they're sitting at home reflecting on the match they've watched, why don't they admit that they're not helping the team?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024