Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trump again- sorry... 16:21 - Jan 26 with 5964 viewssparks

I'm not a fan of hyperbole. I've been fairly disdainful of people going as far as to unwittingly invoke Godwin's law, tlak about fascism, dictators etc etc. He's an obnoxious dangerous idiot- with some very effective skills, an ego the size of the planet, a skin as thin as a fag paper and is utterly self interested and self obsessed... But not comparable to fascist dictators and so on.

This, however, is extraordinary and terrifying. Were it not amidst all the other stuff it would be a massive story imo and would draw universal derision from educated people. Amidst all the other crap though, it seems virtually unnoticed.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/jan/25/donald-trump-epa-gag-order-p

The most powerful man in the world is actively seeking to censor scientific study and information. Obscene.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Trump again- sorry... on 16:30 - Jan 26 with 3247 viewsmonytowbray

Refusing to talk to the press, whilst suggesting what is and isn't credible news, as well as telling government folk what they can and can't say online (practically a gagging order). It's close to Soviet propaganda and public control.

The other worrying thing is the idea of an immigrant weekly crime list. I can't think of anything to come closer to Nazi-like from any other Western government since WWII. He may as well make all immigrants wear yellow stars.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2017 16:31]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Trump again- sorry... on 16:31 - Jan 26 with 3231 viewschicoazul

No need to apologise.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Trump again- sorry... on 16:32 - Jan 26 with 3219 viewsGlasgowBlue

Trump again- sorry... on 16:30 - Jan 26 by monytowbray

Refusing to talk to the press, whilst suggesting what is and isn't credible news, as well as telling government folk what they can and can't say online (practically a gagging order). It's close to Soviet propaganda and public control.

The other worrying thing is the idea of an immigrant weekly crime list. I can't think of anything to come closer to Nazi-like from any other Western government since WWII. He may as well make all immigrants wear yellow stars.

In fairness Callis, you were calling on certain British newspapers to be banned because you disagreed with their editorial content.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Trump again- sorry... on 16:33 - Jan 26 with 3215 viewsGlasgowBlue

Here is a fascinating article on how he may be removed.

http://www.spectator.co.uk/2017/01/will-donald-trump-be-assassinated-ousted-in-a

Iron Lion Zion

Trump again- sorry... on 16:34 - Jan 26 with 3210 viewsmonytowbray

Trump again- sorry... on 16:32 - Jan 26 by GlasgowBlue

In fairness Callis, you were calling on certain British newspapers to be banned because you disagreed with their editorial content.

No I wasn't, I was pointing out they should be punished for lies. I said I can understand why campuses may want to ban some news sources, I didn't say I agreed with it.

TWTD never forgets…

Trump again- sorry... on 16:35 - Jan 26 with 3201 viewsTollycobbold

Trump again- sorry... on 16:31 - Jan 26 by chicoazul

No need to apologise.

He's an obnoxious dangerous idiot- with some very effective skills, an ego the size of the planet, a skin as thin as a fag paper and is utterly self interested and self obsessed.

Who is talking about?
Trump again- sorry... on 16:37 - Jan 26 with 3190 viewsimsureazzure

Trump again- sorry... on 16:30 - Jan 26 by monytowbray

Safe spaces, no platform, banning newspapers from universities, blah blah blah.

It is comical really.
Trump again- sorry... on 16:40 - Jan 26 with 3175 viewsmonytowbray

Trump again- sorry... on 16:37 - Jan 26 by imsureazzure

It is comical really.

It is, all the things you complain the left do are exactly what the right do too.

TWTD never forgets…

Login to get fewer ads

Trump again- sorry... on 16:43 - Jan 26 with 3152 viewsimsureazzure

Trump again- sorry... on 16:40 - Jan 26 by monytowbray

It is, all the things you complain the left do are exactly what the right do too.

Correct, banning protest, censorship, banning speakers from universities that have a different if wrong headed view, it stinks all round, what ever the sh1t.
Trump again- sorry... on 16:44 - Jan 26 with 3141 viewsBinner

Trump again- sorry... on 16:37 - Jan 26 by imsureazzure

It is comical really.

It is not at all comical. Rather it is worrying.

This psychopath (I don't use that word lightly) has control of the nuclear button. Is anybody confident that he can resist pressing it for four whole years?

It is already time for Pence and co to invoke article 25.

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Trump again- sorry... on 16:46 - Jan 26 with 3123 viewsmonytowbray

Trump again- sorry... on 16:43 - Jan 26 by imsureazzure

Correct, banning protest, censorship, banning speakers from universities that have a different if wrong headed view, it stinks all round, what ever the sh1t.

I agree. Problem is it works both ways, I have had some people genuinely be racist get the arse when you point out they are being racist. OH YOU ALL LEFTIES EVER DO IS SHOUT RACIST TO CLOSE DOWN DEBATE. No, I'm not going to discuss the idea that "black people are of lower IQ than white people" (actual example from something someone I was talking to said last week).

TWTD never forgets…

Trump again- sorry... on 16:47 - Jan 26 with 3114 viewsGlasgowBlue

Trump again- sorry... on 16:40 - Jan 26 by monytowbray

I disagree with both left or right trying to censor a free press.

Some people are up in arms when Trump tries to do it whilst supporting a regulator funded with money which originated from Britain's most notorious Fascist.

But they turn a blind eye to it because Murdoch and Dacre may well get a kicking from it.

Iron Lion Zion

Trump again- sorry... on 16:48 - Jan 26 with 3077 viewsmonytowbray

Trump again- sorry... on 16:47 - Jan 26 by GlasgowBlue

Some people are up in arms when Trump tries to do it whilst supporting a regulator funded with money which originated from Britain's most notorious Fascist.

But they turn a blind eye to it because Murdoch and Dacre may well get a kicking from it.

My opinion is the press should be allowed to say what they want within reason, without the emotional spin and outright lies. Both of those should be accountable for. And that includes both sides of the fence.

TWTD never forgets…

Trump again- sorry... on 16:51 - Jan 26 with 3012 viewsGlasgowBlue

Trump again- sorry... on 16:48 - Jan 26 by monytowbray

My opinion is the press should be allowed to say what they want within reason, without the emotional spin and outright lies. Both of those should be accountable for. And that includes both sides of the fence.

Good man. We'll have you voting Tory by 2020.

Iron Lion Zion

Trump again- sorry... on 16:51 - Jan 26 with 3018 viewsimsureazzure

Trump again- sorry... on 16:48 - Jan 26 by monytowbray

What about the BBC? Opinion masquerades as fact.
Trump again- sorry... on 16:58 - Jan 26 with 2987 viewsmonytowbray

Trump again- sorry... on 16:51 - Jan 26 by GlasgowBlue

Good man. We'll have you voting Tory by 2020.

HA. Doubtful. Although I actually feel sorry for May, seems like she's been dumped as the face to take the blame for any Brexit failures.

TWTD never forgets…

It gets worse... on 18:27 - Jan 26 with 2890 viewssparks

Trump again- sorry... on 16:58 - Jan 26 by monytowbray

HA. Doubtful. Although I actually feel sorry for May, seems like she's been dumped as the face to take the blame for any Brexit failures.

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/first-amendment-defense-act-would-be-deva

This man is a neanderthal bigot.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Trump again- sorry... on 18:36 - Jan 26 with 2870 viewsSwansea_Blue

To be fair to other posters, as an individual he probably is comparable to some facist dictators through his narcissism and gagging attempts. The difference is that America has a political and legal system that won't let him inflict his more extreme wishes on the people. And they'll be able to get rid of him if/when it all goes mamories up.

You sound surprised by this, but he's been like this throughout his whole life. As I mentioned yesterday, this is the guy whole claimed he was an environmentalist because he'd built over sand dunes and that meant they wouldn't blow away. He's claimed on several ocassions that he's won "many awards" for his environmental work, when he's done no such thing. He's a deluted fantasist.

Edit - so the wall story did its job yesterday. I windered what else he was hiding, but couldn't be bear to find out. We'll have outrageous, faux twitter 'stories' every time he wants to bury something like this.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2017 18:38]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Trump again- sorry... on 19:08 - Jan 26 with 2797 viewsgordon

The world is hopefully wiser than when previous dictators emerged in Europe, and in most countries the institutions of governance are designed to limit the effect of one man's demagoguery so it will be much harder for Trump to realise his aims whatever they are, but there are many, many similarities in terms of his personality to the great dictators of the past.
Trump again- sorry... on 19:20 - Jan 26 with 2774 viewseireblue

Trump again- sorry... on 16:47 - Jan 26 by GlasgowBlue

BIt harsh, just because you may not like the Harry Potter books.
Trump again- sorry... on 19:36 - Jan 26 with 2751 viewssparks

Trump again- sorry... on 18:36 - Jan 26 by Swansea_Blue

To be fair to other posters, as an individual he probably is comparable to some facist dictators through his narcissism and gagging attempts. The difference is that America has a political and legal system that won't let him inflict his more extreme wishes on the people. And they'll be able to get rid of him if/when it all goes mamories up.

You sound surprised by this, but he's been like this throughout his whole life. As I mentioned yesterday, this is the guy whole claimed he was an environmentalist because he'd built over sand dunes and that meant they wouldn't blow away. He's claimed on several ocassions that he's won "many awards" for his environmental work, when he's done no such thing. He's a deluted fantasist.

Edit - so the wall story did its job yesterday. I windered what else he was hiding, but couldn't be bear to find out. We'll have outrageous, faux twitter 'stories' every time he wants to bury something like this.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2017 18:38]

I hopeyou are right. However, the US Court system is problematic as it all turns on the balance of power in the Supreme Court. Scalia died last year leaving a gap which, if filled with another right wing christian conservative (as now seems certain) tips the scales firmly in favour of this sort of discrimnatory legislation. The power of the religous right in the US cannot be underestimated. It is somethign Trump has actively played into.

There ought to be separation of judiciary and state, but the Supreme court is driven by political appointments.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2017 19:37]

Trump again- sorry... on 19:41 - Jan 26 with 2742 viewsSwansea_Blue

Trump again- sorry... on 19:36 - Jan 26 by sparks

I hopeyou are right. However, the US Court system is problematic as it all turns on the balance of power in the Supreme Court. Scalia died last year leaving a gap which, if filled with another right wing christian conservative (as now seems certain) tips the scales firmly in favour of this sort of discrimnatory legislation. The power of the religous right in the US cannot be underestimated. It is somethign Trump has actively played into.

There ought to be separation of judiciary and state, but the Supreme court is driven by political appointments.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2017 19:37]

Pants, I was counting on some checks and balances. Oh well, when all else fails it's time to enter the asylum.

It's gonna be great!

America first! America first!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Trump again- sorry... on 19:46 - Jan 26 with 2726 viewssparks

Trump again- sorry... on 19:41 - Jan 26 by Swansea_Blue

Pants, I was counting on some checks and balances. Oh well, when all else fails it's time to enter the asylum.

It's gonna be great!

America first! America first!

A useful summary here. https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/10/us/politics/trump-supreme-court.html?_r=0

Its an issue I have been aware of for a while through an atheist podcast I listen too. Scalia was pretty awful, but bright. Since his death, there has been balance in the court, and nasty religion driven stuff from the outlying states has been batted away, but that could easily change now.

It gets worse... on 19:57 - Jan 26 with 2694 viewsJ2BLUE

It gets worse... on 18:27 - Jan 26 by sparks

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/first-amendment-defense-act-would-be-deva

This man is a neanderthal bigot.

Well that is bloody awful.

(1) marriage is or should be recognized as the union of one man and one woman, or (2) sexual relations are properly reserved to such a marriage.

What judgemental BS from a religious nutjob looking to push his beliefs on everyone else.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Trump again- sorry... on 20:02 - Jan 26 with 2676 viewslegoman

the man (saviour of the free world) has other things on his plate at the mo (to say the least). When he is able to concentrate on the very important subject of terraforming (that is where we are at now unfortunately) the planet he will be equally as impressive. Hopefully he will inspire many young people to carry on his good work but finding extra special people is rare unfortunately.

Poll: Sheepshanks 5 years -v- Evans 5 points

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024