Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let me get this right.............. 08:38 - Mar 17 with 1234 viewsBluebell

If I renew my season ticket at an increased price and they sell 12,749 other season tickets, I will get 5% back.

So...... do I get a cheque for X £s at the start of the season, when they have collected all my money or will it be deducted from next year's season ticket?

I am so confused.
Let me get this right.............. on 08:39 - Mar 17 with 1203 viewsFrimleyBlue

Itll prob be a tick box on the form

Ticked and you get money back
Unticked. The money is diverted from you to the academy

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Let me get this right.............. on 08:49 - Mar 17 with 1132 viewsBluebell

Let me get this right.............. on 08:39 - Mar 17 by FrimleyBlue

Itll prob be a tick box on the form

Ticked and you get money back
Unticked. The money is diverted from you to the academy

That's good.

I'm off to round up 12,749 people to buy STs at increased prices by offering crap football!

Let me get this right.............. on 08:51 - Mar 17 with 1111 viewsSWGF

I'm not convinced it's a scenario you'll have to concern yourself with.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Let me get this right.............. on 08:54 - Mar 17 with 1083 viewsfactual_blue

Let me get this right.............. on 08:49 - Mar 17 by Bluebell

That's good.

I'm off to round up 12,749 people to buy STs at increased prices by offering crap football!

Don't even bother trying to round me up, BB. I'm doing all I can to encourage others to follow my lead by (a) not renewing and (b) cancelling for the rest of the season.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Let me get this right.............. on 09:04 - Mar 17 with 1043 viewsTLA

Let me get this right.............. on 08:51 - Mar 17 by SWGF

I'm not convinced it's a scenario you'll have to concern yourself with.

What? You don't think we'll sell more than 500 extra tickets on the back of this season's performances when they're just a little more expensive?
Let me get this right.............. on 09:06 - Mar 17 with 1023 viewshype313

That's good.

Should start on here Bellers, there's plenty of people who are desperate to part with their cash and hand it over to Evans..

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Let me get this right.............. on 09:10 - Mar 17 with 997 viewsPJH

Let me get this right.............. on 09:06 - Mar 17 by hype313

Should start on here Bellers, there's plenty of people who are desperate to part with their cash and hand it over to Evans..

or want to continue to support a club that they have done for almost all of their life.

The only thing that would stop me going are the same two words that stopped me going for the only time in 57 years of following our club-Roy Keane.
Let me get this right.............. on 09:10 - Mar 17 with 981 viewshype313

Let me get this right.............. on 09:10 - Mar 17 by PJH

or want to continue to support a club that they have done for almost all of their life.

The only thing that would stop me going are the same two words that stopped me going for the only time in 57 years of following our club-Roy Keane.

I liked Keane.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Login to get fewer ads

Let me get this right.............. on 09:13 - Mar 17 with 960 viewsSWGF

Let me get this right.............. on 09:04 - Mar 17 by TLA

What? You don't think we'll sell more than 500 extra tickets on the back of this season's performances when they're just a little more expensive?

I know. It's an "out there" suggestion, but I've got a feeling in my bones.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Let me get this right.............. on 09:21 - Mar 17 with 925 viewsTLA

Let me get this right.............. on 09:13 - Mar 17 by SWGF

I know. It's an "out there" suggestion, but I've got a feeling in my bones.

I was planning to renew based entirely on my 5% discount.

You've just changed me to the 'unsure' list and there I was a few hours ago, blown away by the club's upbeat marketing strategy!
Let me get this right.............. on 09:22 - Mar 17 with 913 viewsITFC_Forever

Let me get this right.............. on 09:10 - Mar 17 by PJH

You spelt Sam Allardyce wrong.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Let me get this right.............. on 09:52 - Mar 17 with 847 viewsBluebell

I've been out and unfortunately only a dog and an old dear of about 80 were there. Neither were interested in buying season tickets.

Perhaps I should give up in Oxfordshire and try Ipswich next time.
Let me get this right.............. on 09:55 - Mar 17 with 827 viewsSwansea_Blue

That's good.

I think you've just stumbled on the genius of the plan. They've turned all ST holders into marketeers/sales reps. Which means they can now make redundant those who used to do this for the club, saving even more money.

It's a win win!

Dolly will be doing their Christmas video next.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Let me get this right.............. on 10:02 - Mar 17 with 802 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Let me get this right.............. on 09:52 - Mar 17 by Bluebell

I've been out and unfortunately only a dog and an old dear of about 80 were there. Neither were interested in buying season tickets.

Perhaps I should give up in Oxfordshire and try Ipswich next time.

The club know 12,750 is never gonna happen

That 5% offer is the biggest kick in the b0llocks our club could've done.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Let me get this right.............. on 10:02 - Mar 17 with 801 viewsKeaneish

This is my favourite bit...

"The Silver and Gold membership schemes have been revamped and a new Ultimate membership scheme has been introduced."

I imagine a marketing team struggling for ages to work out what is possibly better than Gold. Struggling to come up with an answer, with time running short, some bright spark settled on "Ultimate" instead. Surely Platinum would have been consistent with the naming convention?

1.5% increase probably to cover inflation.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Let me get this right.............. on 10:08 - Mar 17 with 770 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Let me get this right.............. on 10:02 - Mar 17 by Keaneish

This is my favourite bit...

"The Silver and Gold membership schemes have been revamped and a new Ultimate membership scheme has been introduced."

I imagine a marketing team struggling for ages to work out what is possibly better than Gold. Struggling to come up with an answer, with time running short, some bright spark settled on "Ultimate" instead. Surely Platinum would have been consistent with the naming convention?

1.5% increase probably to cover inflation.

I thought exactly the same when I saw 'Ultimate' rather than 'Platinum' funnily enough

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Let me get this right.............. on 10:08 - Mar 17 with 770 viewsSwansea_Blue

And of course, I assume everyone realises that if we don't sell enough tickets to trigger the refund it will be our fault.

'His Great Benevolence gave you the chance of cheaper tickets, but not enough of you came', etc...

Moaning aside, there's some good stuff in the confusing noise. Upping the age thresholds to U12, U19 and the new U23 band are all good initiatives. I don't see the problem with O60 becoming O65 in line with other clubs either.

Let me get this right.............. on 10:22 - Mar 17 with 707 viewsTLA

Let me get this right.............. on 10:08 - Mar 17 by Swansea_Blue

And of course, I assume everyone realises that if we don't sell enough tickets to trigger the refund it will be our fault.

'His Great Benevolence gave you the chance of cheaper tickets, but not enough of you came', etc...

Moaning aside, there's some good stuff in the confusing noise. Upping the age thresholds to U12, U19 and the new U23 band are all good initiatives. I don't see the problem with O60 becoming O65 in line with other clubs either.

I agree with your comments about the younger price bands.

I think parents being able to take under 12s to up to 23 games for £50 and then get up to £46 off their ticket next year, or spend it on kit etc. is OK, although I understand some of the arguments people with kids have put forward.

There can be few complaints about the U19 and U23 tickets, although maintaining regular student discount would have been worthwhile for older students.

I also think the O60s become O65 is sensible as it does tend to include a demographic with more disposable income - I think the transition could have been better, even to the extent of it only being for new tickets but in general it makes sense. A change like that has to happen at some time, just like pension ages, and it will always be unpopular to those affected.
Let me get this right.............. on 10:25 - Mar 17 with 684 viewsSwansea_Blue

Let me get this right.............. on 10:22 - Mar 17 by TLA

I agree with your comments about the younger price bands.

I think parents being able to take under 12s to up to 23 games for £50 and then get up to £46 off their ticket next year, or spend it on kit etc. is OK, although I understand some of the arguments people with kids have put forward.

There can be few complaints about the U19 and U23 tickets, although maintaining regular student discount would have been worthwhile for older students.

I also think the O60s become O65 is sensible as it does tend to include a demographic with more disposable income - I think the transition could have been better, even to the extent of it only being for new tickets but in general it makes sense. A change like that has to happen at some time, just like pension ages, and it will always be unpopular to those affected.

Yep, good point about the OAPs. They could have made it less of a shock as you say. Maybe new tickets only or stagger the increase over a 5 yr period.

Let me get this right.............. on 10:32 - Mar 17 with 651 viewsTLA

Let me get this right.............. on 10:25 - Mar 17 by Swansea_Blue

Yep, good point about the OAPs. They could have made it less of a shock as you say. Maybe new tickets only or stagger the increase over a 5 yr period.

They said around 800 people are affected and many would probably tip over the O65 next year so the numbers would be small to do a better transition. The general approach is fine though.
Let me get this right.............. on 10:51 - Mar 17 with 584 viewsFrimleyBlue

Let me get this right.............. on 10:08 - Mar 17 by The_Romford_Blue

I thought exactly the same when I saw 'Ultimate' rather than 'Platinum' funnily enough

just another example of how sht itfc is at present. Ultimate, makes no sense at all

Olympic medals the ITFC Way, bronze, silver, ultimate

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024