Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Taking an optimistic view and I speak as someone who doesn't have a season 09:47 - Mar 17 with 455 viewspatrickswell

ticket, what catches my eye is that the driving force behind these price changes for next year is the Five Point Plan. Now I've talked about this as dismissively as anyone else, but I was thinking about this yesterday, and the fact is, the elements that Evans can authorise have started to happen this year. I'm thinking especially of the buying young players to develop. When complaining about results/performances fans like to accuse McCarthy of filling the side with journeymen, but I don't believe this to be the case. Our permanent signings - Ward, Webster, Rowe, even Keiffer Moore are all young and have plenty to prove. Huws, a loanee, is who we all want and at least the conversation to bring him to the club is taking place. It's a long-shot, but if Evans released some big money purely to try and sign Tom Lawrence, who fits the scheme of the Five Point Plan, that would surely send a message to fans.

At the moment, it seems like a stand off. Fans want club to show it's worth buying a season ticket; club wants fans to put their money where their mouth is if they want to see club develop.
Taking an optimistic view and I speak as someone who doesn't have a season on 09:50 - Mar 17 with 428 viewsJ2BLUE

At the moment, it seems like a stand off. Fans want club to show it's worth buying a season ticket; club wants fans to put their money where their mouth is if they want to see club develop.

This flies in the face of all previous experience of the Evans regime. It's wishful thinking at this point. No evidence for it at all.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Taking an optimistic view and I speak as someone who doesn't have a season on 10:00 - Mar 17 with 381 viewspatrickswell

Taking an optimistic view and I speak as someone who doesn't have a season on 09:50 - Mar 17 by J2BLUE

This flies in the face of all previous experience of the Evans regime. It's wishful thinking at this point. No evidence for it at all.

It's a leap of faith, I agree. And I certainly wouldn't deride anyone who fears that it won't happen. But there have been signs of it. If they run with it, it will take time to properly implement. What have they got to lose?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024