Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sorry for another thread on this but... 08:34 - Mar 18 with 738 viewstractorboy1978

They've just massively got it wrong haven't they? I am not sure there is anything as calculated about the pricing as people think. It just reeks of incompetence, naivety and not understanding their customers. ME continually acts in a manner which makes you question how he has made his money as a successful businessman.

Not replacing key employees
Letting the quality of the product offered falter
Charging prices his customers aren't willing to pay
Employing a director that knows nothing about the industry
Telling his customers he doesn't know who will be in charge of their project next year

I could go on but there's 5 fairly basic points for a start.

The point Milne made about the Huddersfield tickets sums up the lack of thought and research that has gone into it for me. "Marcus wouldn't want to take that risk" (offering £179 tickets). I wouldn't suggest offering them that cheap but at say £299 and similar respective pricing at concessions and junior levels and the revenue would probably be higher/very similar to what it will be next season. And with goodwill in the bag.

[Post edited 18 Mar 2017 8:36]
Sorry for another thread on this but... on 08:43 - Mar 18 with 695 viewsASAx

For me it just smothers hope.

It pretty much confirms we'll work on the same budget and that's either with Mick playing abysmal football but getting some degree of result or another manager who, based on previous decision making, might struggle to keep us up with that budget.

The fact Evans won't take any kind of hit financially to keep fans coming in the face of mass absence can pretty much rule out any sort of serious investment to move us from a mid table side. He's going to lose money on tickets which will need to be covered somewhere. Given that even in Micks tenure Evans has only put in a million or two overall and we've largely covered running losses through player sales there's no hope of any real backing next season either.

That's what's done it for me rather than having to pay an extra few quid. This latest move has extinguished any feint hope I had Under Evans.
Sorry for another thread on this but... on 09:01 - Mar 18 with 640 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Sorry for another thread on this but... on 08:43 - Mar 18 by ASAx

It pretty much confirms we'll work on the same budget and that's either with Mick playing abysmal football but getting some degree of result or another manager who, based on previous decision making, might struggle to keep us up with that budget.

The fact Evans won't take any kind of hit financially to keep fans coming in the face of mass absence can pretty much rule out any sort of serious investment to move us from a mid table side. He's going to lose money on tickets which will need to be covered somewhere. Given that even in Micks tenure Evans has only put in a million or two overall and we've largely covered running losses through player sales there's no hope of any real backing next season either.

That's what's done it for me rather than having to pay an extra few quid. This latest move has extinguished any feint hope I had Under Evans.

Careful, you'll be reminded that ME 'invests' £6Million every year. Even though we know he doesn't really as he can write it off as a loss against his other businesses.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Sorry for another thread on this but... on 09:07 - Mar 18 with 631 viewstractorboy1978

Sorry for another thread on this but... on 08:43 - Mar 18 by ASAx

It's become a very self perpetuating problem. More the fans get annoyed the less renew, the less that renew the less investment in the team from the owner and the cycle carries on. It goes against everything within me not to renew but I just cannot bring myself to. His disdain for us as fans and generally amateur way of running the club has pushed me that far.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024