Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good atmosphere, decent display, proper terraces...and positivity 12:00 - Apr 15 with 513 viewstractorshark

Really enjoyed last night.
The result, the performance and standing on old-school terraces. I hope Burton stay up for that reason.
I don't know whether Mick's statement about staying had any effect on the night. The team played pretty well, looked more of a threat and deserved the win. To be fair, it wasn't hugely dissimilar to the second half against Fulham except the opposition was weaker.
The atmosphere was also excellent and noticeably more positive than Fulham where the protest chants started at 0-0.
I've just watched Chambers' after-match interview where he praised the fans and also apologised for poor performances. It was good PR and something McCarthy should probably do if he wants to build bridges.
I don't expect or want a manager to listen totally to the fans. We all have different opinions, you can't please everybody and someone has to make a decision and carry the can.
But the constant sniping from both sides is not going to get us anywhere.
Evans is still more of an issue than McCarthy anyway.
We'll get an inkling of his intentions over the next few weeks when contracts are renewed...or not.

[Post edited 15 Apr 2017 12:00]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024