Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thanks Berra - a very good servant to ITFC 09:05 - May 9 with 924 viewsMaySixth

best of luck in the future

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Thanks Berra - a very good servant to ITFC on 09:13 - May 9 with 892 viewsconnorscontract

Meh. I still contend that if Mick had brought in a similarly experienced Right Back on similar wages at the time, rather than break up the Chambers / Smith partnership that had begun to gel nicely, and force Luke to play Right Back, that would have improved us as a team.

For that reason (strengthening the area of the team that was already strong and forcing an experienced player to try to learn a new role rather than investing in the obvious weak spot) a poor signing in my opinion.
Thanks Berra - a very good servant to ITFC on 09:14 - May 9 with 875 viewsSwailsey

Thanks Berra - a very good servant to ITFC on 09:13 - May 9 by connorscontract

Meh. I still contend that if Mick had brought in a similarly experienced Right Back on similar wages at the time, rather than break up the Chambers / Smith partnership that had begun to gel nicely, and force Luke to play Right Back, that would have improved us as a team.

For that reason (strengthening the area of the team that was already strong and forcing an experienced player to try to learn a new role rather than investing in the obvious weak spot) a poor signing in my opinion.

Ok....

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Thanks Berra - a very good servant to ITFC on 09:19 - May 9 with 832 viewsPJH

Good luck for the future Christophe,thanks for all you did for ITFC.

Not a great footballer but a very good defender.
Thanks Berra - a very good servant to ITFC on 09:25 - May 9 with 808 viewsconnorscontract

Thanks Berra - a very good servant to ITFC on 09:14 - May 9 by Swailsey

Ok....

I'm not denying that he was a very good Centre Back. But only slightly better than Chambers. Whereas Stearman or Rosenior, as examples of players we had had on loan, were both much better Right Backs than Chambers. So, with limited funds, a decent,exlerienced Right Back would have been a better buy.

And Berra was a big part of hoof-ball.

Had we had a very good, pacy, Right Back as an outlet when we had Mings or Cresswell on the left then I feel we'd have been a much more threatening side. And once they left having one quick defender would have been a massive upgrade on none...
Thanks Berra - a very good servant to ITFC on 09:27 - May 9 with 791 viewsSwailsey

Thanks Berra - a very good servant to ITFC on 09:25 - May 9 by connorscontract

I'm not denying that he was a very good Centre Back. But only slightly better than Chambers. Whereas Stearman or Rosenior, as examples of players we had had on loan, were both much better Right Backs than Chambers. So, with limited funds, a decent,exlerienced Right Back would have been a better buy.

And Berra was a big part of hoof-ball.

Had we had a very good, pacy, Right Back as an outlet when we had Mings or Cresswell on the left then I feel we'd have been a much more threatening side. And once they left having one quick defender would have been a massive upgrade on none...

I do see your point actually after re-reading it.

Apologies for coming across short.

I think him and Chambers were our best CM pairing for a while, but I would have been happy with Mings, Smith, Chambers and Stearman as a back 4.

As a isolation player and defender though, Berra was a very, very good player for us.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024