Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Labour's manifesto 'leaked' 21:19 - May 10 with 11149 viewsElderGrizzly

Obviously planned, but still looks amateurish

I particularly like this snippet

[Post edited 10 May 2017 21:22]
Labour's manifesto 'leaked' on 22:11 - May 10 with 3839 viewsDolly2.0

Every day you post something attacking Labour. Do you not get bored of it?

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Labour's manifesto 'leaked' on 22:27 - May 10 with 3800 viewsJ2BLUE

Labour's manifesto 'leaked' on 22:11 - May 10 by Dolly2.0

I must admit I read that, and if true, it makes me wonder how they will pay for all of it? Just seems like they're going to tax the hell out of anyone their thresholds consider 'rich'. I'm not sure how workable that is.

If it's all realistically fully costed then it sounds great. Hopefully it is and they'll have it independently verified.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Labour's manifesto 'leaked' on 22:35 - May 10 with 3772 viewslowhouseblue

Labour's manifesto 'leaked' on 22:27 - May 10 by J2BLUE

I must admit I read that, and if true, it makes me wonder how they will pay for all of it? Just seems like they're going to tax the hell out of anyone their thresholds consider 'rich'. I'm not sure how workable that is.

If it's all realistically fully costed then it sounds great. Hopefully it is and they'll have it independently verified.

the most expensive suicide note in history

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

on 22:36 - May 10 with 3768 views_

Labour's manifesto 'leaked' on 22:40 - May 10 with 3754 viewsJ2BLUE

on 22:36 - May 10 by _

They have no chance of winning so they can promise whatever they like knowing they don't have to deliver it.

Agree though it sounds good. Not sure it's all that realistic though.

Truly impaired.

Labour's manifesto 'leaked' on 22:42 - May 10 with 3745 viewsElderGrizzly

I don't, but it's almost like there is a General Election going on or something

Feel free to ignore them of course, but i'm genuinely interested how all of this will be paid for.

£100bn from Brexit should do it :)
Labour's manifesto 'leaked' on 22:46 - May 10 with 3731 viewsElderGrizzly

It won't be fully costed and they certainly won't have it independently verified.

Edit: Guardian confirm, there are no details on how they would pay for it:
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/may/10/labour-party-manifesto-pledges-

My view is any 'policy' announced by any party should be independently checked. If untrue, they have to withdraw it.

Picking on the rich for everything will mean the rich go elsewhere eventually.

We need more money for the NHS, Social Care and Education and everyone should pay. Like we (LD) announced, an extra 1p or 2p on income tax is a start.
[Post edited 10 May 2017 23:01]
Labour's manifesto 'leaked' on 22:51 - May 10 with 3711 viewsElderGrizzly

It won't level the playing field though. The overall Tax revenue will drop as the rich find different ways around it.

So then borrowing will increase again and we'll all be screwed even more than now.
Login to get fewer ads

Labour's manifesto 'leaked' on 22:55 - May 10 with 3685 viewsElderGrizzly

Labour's manifesto 'leaked' on 22:40 - May 10 by J2BLUE

They have no chance of winning so they can promise whatever they like knowing they don't have to deliver it.

Agree though it sounds good. Not sure it's all that realistic though.

I compared it earlier to playing a game like Sim City in sandbox mode. Build what you want, unlimited funds and no worries about the consequences.

Lib Dems are promising even more money for education and it is achievable because they haven't also promised to renationalise everything in sight.

The £100bn exit fee for Brexit would pay for all of this for years of course
Labour's manifesto 'leaked' on 23:00 - May 10 with 3668 viewsJ2BLUE

Labour's manifesto 'leaked' on 22:55 - May 10 by ElderGrizzly

I compared it earlier to playing a game like Sim City in sandbox mode. Build what you want, unlimited funds and no worries about the consequences.

Lib Dems are promising even more money for education and it is achievable because they haven't also promised to renationalise everything in sight.

The £100bn exit fee for Brexit would pay for all of this for years of course

£100bn isn't confirmed yet. We'll also be saving £8.6bn-ish per year by not paying a net contribution.

I realise it's not as simple as that but if you can throw £100bn around without confirmation or recognising the negotiation then I can too.

Truly impaired.

Labour's manifesto 'leaked' on 23:05 - May 10 with 3653 viewsElderGrizzly

Labour's manifesto 'leaked' on 23:00 - May 10 by J2BLUE

£100bn isn't confirmed yet. We'll also be saving £8.6bn-ish per year by not paying a net contribution.

I realise it's not as simple as that but if you can throw £100bn around without confirmation or recognising the negotiation then I can too.

Agree it's not confirmed, but it's all we have to go on right now.

We might save some money, but we'll have to pay out significant parts of that saving setting up new agreements etc from scratch, plus 'entrance fees' to be part of the bits of Europe we realise we want access to.

Anyway, we'll wait and see how all three parties will pay for their promises....
Labour's manifesto 'leaked' on 23:06 - May 10 with 3649 viewsStokieBlue

Everyday you post something supporting labour. Do you not get bored of it?

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Labour's manifesto 'leaked' on 23:07 - May 10 with 3638 viewsStokieBlue

You'll be paying for it all right?

Thanks in advance.

SB

Labour's manifesto 'leaked' on 23:09 - May 10 with 3629 viewsStokieBlue

Labour's manifesto 'leaked' on 23:05 - May 10 by ElderGrizzly

We might save some money, but we'll have to pay out significant parts of that saving setting up new agreements etc from scratch, plus 'entrance fees' to be part of the bits of Europe we realise we want access to.

Anyway, we'll wait and see how all three parties will pay for their promises....

Why is it all you have to go on?

It's a unverified number of liabilities, are you not bothered about assets?

Ridiculous.

SB

Labour's manifesto 'leaked' on 23:16 - May 10 with 3611 viewsfactual_blue

Labour's manifesto 'leaked' on 22:51 - May 10 by ElderGrizzly

It won't level the playing field though. The overall Tax revenue will drop as the rich find different ways around it.

So then borrowing will increase again and we'll all be screwed even more than now.

Just confiscate the wealth of the super rich. If they protest, deal with them 'robustly'.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Labour's manifesto 'leaked' on 23:18 - May 10 with 3610 viewsElderGrizzly

Labour's manifesto 'leaked' on 23:09 - May 10 by StokieBlue

Why is it all you have to go on?

It's a unverified number of liabilities, are you not bothered about assets?

Ridiculous.

SB

Unverified seems the kindest word. I want to use Omnishambles
Labour's manifesto 'leaked' on 23:19 - May 10 with 3606 viewsSwansea_Blue

Labour's manifesto 'leaked' on 23:00 - May 10 by J2BLUE

We're not saving our net contribution though. Remember we get about £5-6 bn of that back in EU funding, the biggest chunk going on agricultural subsidies. The Govt has said it will continue to provide the agricultural subsidies, and funding that goes to universities. Councils and the devolved parliaments will be lobbying hard to replace EU funding that goes on regional priorities, jobs and social schemes.

On the face of it there will be savings of the order of £2-3bn per year, but then we've got to fund a whole new administration, the exit bill of tens of millions of £, and we've got to cover the cost of incentives to persuade companies to stay (the Nissan factor), etc. Just the exit bill could be equivalent to 20 years of savings on contributions to the EU budget.

Brexit is going to cost, not produce savings. What we don't know is what the impact will be on revenue. But we've already been primed by Davies to expect a negative impact at least in the short-term. But who knows how that will go.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Labour's manifesto 'leaked' on 23:24 - May 10 with 3596 viewsfooters

It was verified by the independent IFS this morning.

Corporation tax in this country is criminally low. The higher tax bands are similar. The lower and middle classes have been paying a high price for the recession whilst the higher paid and corporations have had it so easy. Sadly Brexit will now make it much harder for us to collect taxes from those already avoiding it.
[Post edited 10 May 2017 23:25]

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Labour's manifesto 'leaked' on 23:29 - May 10 with 3582 viewsSwansea_Blue

Labour's manifesto 'leaked' on 23:05 - May 10 by ElderGrizzly

Indeed. Just to balance the labour bashing, the cost of the Tory's immigration target is likely to be equivalent to several of the labour pledges combined. Not that they''re going to be able to deliver on the pledge, so it's a moot point.

It's not a unique Labour issue to be promising the earth. And nobody holds any of them accountable, so there's no pressure for them to promote realistic pledges. Just ones that capture the most voters, who will then be duly ignored until the next campaign.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Labour's manifesto 'leaked' on 23:30 - May 10 with 3573 viewsStokieBlue

Labour's manifesto 'leaked' on 23:24 - May 10 by footers

It was verified by the independent IFS this morning.

Corporation tax in this country is criminally low. The higher tax bands are similar. The lower and middle classes have been paying a high price for the recession whilst the higher paid and corporations have had it so easy. Sadly Brexit will now make it much harder for us to collect taxes from those already avoiding it.
[Post edited 10 May 2017 23:25]

That's total nonsense on corporation tax.

It's massively lower in Ireland and is soon to be massively lower in the US. We are leaving the EU and should be trying to attract companies to these shores, not taxing them to the hilt. With the companies comes jobs and revenues - no chance of them coming here under the rates Labour are proposing.

I reiterate, total nonsense and the way to completely ruin this country.

SB

Labour's manifesto 'leaked' on 23:33 - May 10 with 3564 viewsStokieBlue

Labour's manifesto 'leaked' on 23:29 - May 10 by Swansea_Blue

Indeed. Just to balance the labour bashing, the cost of the Tory's immigration target is likely to be equivalent to several of the labour pledges combined. Not that they''re going to be able to deliver on the pledge, so it's a moot point.

It's not a unique Labour issue to be promising the earth. And nobody holds any of them accountable, so there's no pressure for them to promote realistic pledges. Just ones that capture the most voters, who will then be duly ignored until the next campaign.

If Labour can't match the Tory immigration targets the kippers won't vote for them so it's irrelevant with regards to the election result.

Sorry state of affairs but that's the realistic viewpoint.

You're right, it's all total nonsense.

SB

Labour's manifesto 'leaked' on 23:37 - May 10 with 3554 viewsDolly2.0

Labour's manifesto 'leaked' on 22:42 - May 10 by ElderGrizzly

I don't, but it's almost like there is a General Election going on or something

Feel free to ignore them of course, but i'm genuinely interested how all of this will be paid for.

£100bn from Brexit should do it :)

You claim to be a Liberal Democrat but only ever attack Labour. The Tories are doing a great job in your eyes?

Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen you post anything positive about the LD's either.

Yes there's a General Election going on. Here's an idea, how about posting a reason we should vote for your party rather than your constant attacks on Labour? Just a thought.

Labour's manifesto 'leaked' on 23:39 - May 10 with 3548 viewsStokieBlue

Labour's manifesto 'leaked' on 23:16 - May 10 by factual_blue

Just confiscate the wealth of the super rich. If they protest, deal with them 'robustly'.

Very 1917.

You must remember that like it was yesterday.

SB

Labour's manifesto 'leaked' on 23:41 - May 10 with 3538 viewsDolly2.0

Labour's manifesto 'leaked' on 22:46 - May 10 by ElderGrizzly

It won't be fully costed and they certainly won't have it independently verified.

Edit: Guardian confirm, there are no details on how they would pay for it:
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/may/10/labour-party-manifesto-pledges-

My view is any 'policy' announced by any party should be independently checked. If untrue, they have to withdraw it.

Picking on the rich for everything will mean the rich go elsewhere eventually.

We need more money for the NHS, Social Care and Education and everyone should pay. Like we (LD) announced, an extra 1p or 2p on income tax is a start.
[Post edited 10 May 2017 23:01]

The Tories are the worst for manifesto lies.

Political Party manifestos should be subject to the same strict guidelines as advertising.

Labour's manifesto 'leaked' on 23:42 - May 10 with 3536 viewsDolly2.0

Labour's manifesto 'leaked' on 22:35 - May 10 by lowhouseblue

the most expensive suicide note in history

How can you write a suicide note if you're already dead?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024