Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
HELP: Internet service provider: Unavailable content 11:02 - Jul 10 with 1922 viewscaught-in-limbo

I'm on the BBC's "trending" page:
http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs/trending

But the message I'm getting is:

Can anyone tell me what I'm missing and why it might be that I can't access the video from my location in the Basque Country?

Thanks in advice.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

HELP: Internet service provider: Unavailable content on 11:04 - Jul 10 with 1911 viewsJosebadleg

It's not a video but a photo of a message you sometimes get for copyright issues

They say I have a short attenti.........
Poll: What are you looking for in the new manager

HELP: Internet service provider: Unavailable content on 11:07 - Jul 10 with 1893 viewsfooters

Just use a UK proxy server. Should do the trick.

Edit: Whooshed. As Jose says, it's only an image. Duh. Need more coffee.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2017 11:08]

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

HELP: Internet service provider: Unavailable content on 11:10 - Jul 10 with 1882 viewsGeoffSentence

HELP: Internet service provider: Unavailable content on 11:07 - Jul 10 by footers

Just use a UK proxy server. Should do the trick.

Edit: Whooshed. As Jose says, it's only an image. Duh. Need more coffee.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2017 11:08]

it won't make an difference here, as it is just an image illustrating the sort of images you might see if the net neutrality is compromised.

I do love the 'muslims don't eat doughnuts' story just below it.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

HELP: Internet service provider: Unavailable content on 11:31 - Jul 10 with 1849 viewscaught-in-limbo

Thanks everybody for the replies.

Changing proxy server. Is that easy to do? Am I not better off having a proxy server based in country where I'm living? Can I have two? Are these the sorts of questions I should be asking?

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

HELP: Internet service provider: Unavailable content on 13:01 - Jul 10 with 1798 viewsfactual_blue

HELP: Internet service provider: Unavailable content on 11:31 - Jul 10 by caught-in-limbo

Changing proxy server. Is that easy to do? Am I not better off having a proxy server based in country where I'm living? Can I have two? Are these the sorts of questions I should be asking?

1. There isn't a video to see. As somebody else has said, it's just a picture to tell you about some day of action on the internet to do with copyright.

2. If you're abroad you shouldn't expect to see those parts of the BBC website (eg i-player) that are exclusively for licence fee payers.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

HELP: Internet service provider: Unavailable content on 13:19 - Jul 10 with 1778 viewsEireannach_gorm

HELP: Internet service provider: Unavailable content on 11:31 - Jul 10 by caught-in-limbo

Content can be restricted to geographical areas eg UK. You change your proxy server to pretend you are in the restricted area.

BBC iPlayer is UK restricted so I have to use a UK proxy to view from Ireland.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2017 13:20]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024