Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kensington and Chelsea council 16:46 - Aug 1 with 3117 viewsStokieBlue

They really are truly rubbish aren't they?

On top of all the obvious stuff lately they have now sent out a list of empty properties and tax information apparently accidentally to people such as the Guardian:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/aug/01/names-of-wealthy-empty-home-owne

Apparently even that information is wrong!

The information shown isn't going to go down too well in many quarters.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Kensington and Chelsea council on 16:55 - Aug 1 with 3081 viewsconnorscontract

I doubt it was an accident. The only solution is for public pressure to force the Govt to legislate re empty 2nd and 3rd etc homes and allow Councils to levy double or triple or more Council Tax to compensate the local community for becoming a land bank.

And that public pressure requires the information to become public.

"Accidental" whistle-blowing, in my opinion.
Kensington and Chelsea council on 17:01 - Aug 1 with 3066 viewsStokieBlue

Kensington and Chelsea council on 16:55 - Aug 1 by connorscontract

I doubt it was an accident. The only solution is for public pressure to force the Govt to legislate re empty 2nd and 3rd etc homes and allow Councils to levy double or triple or more Council Tax to compensate the local community for becoming a land bank.

And that public pressure requires the information to become public.

"Accidental" whistle-blowing, in my opinion.

Totally agree, just going with what the Guardian said.

It's far too targeted so most likely a leak.

Triple Council Tax isn't enough. If it's empty for a certain amount of time without a good reason (ie. it's realistically marketed but nobody wants it) then the fines should be very large, possibly a % of the value. However I also think it's going to be hard to have watertight legislation on something like that.

Still quite poor that even the leaked information is incorrect though.

SB
[Post edited 1 Aug 2017 17:01]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Kensington and Chelsea council on 17:12 - Aug 1 with 3034 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Same as any council I would imagine. Full of pricks that wouldn't survive in the real world
Kensington and Chelsea council on 19:49 - Aug 1 with 2921 viewsGeoffSentence

Kensington and Chelsea council on 17:12 - Aug 1 by FrowsyArmLarry

Same as any council I would imagine. Full of pricks that wouldn't survive in the real world

Are councils not part of the real world then?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Kensington and Chelsea council on 19:56 - Aug 1 with 2907 viewsDubtractor

Kensington and Chelsea council on 19:49 - Aug 1 by GeoffSentence

My name is Dubtractor, I'm a council worker, and I have literally no idea of what the real world is like.

Please, please, won't someone educate me?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Kensington and Chelsea council on 19:57 - Aug 1 with 2901 viewsGeoffSentence

Kensington and Chelsea council on 19:56 - Aug 1 by Dubtractor

My name is Dubtractor, I'm a council worker, and I have literally no idea of what the real world is like.

Please, please, won't someone educate me?

I was just pleased to discover that my council tax bill is a fantasy, no need to bother paying it now.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

on 19:58 - Aug 1 with 2895 views_

Kensington and Chelsea council on 17:12 - Aug 1 by FrowsyArmLarry

Kensington and Chelsea council on 09:13 - Aug 2 with 2737 viewsmanchego

Kensington and Chelsea council on 19:49 - Aug 1 by GeoffSentence

In the real world of business where you have to compete for income and when you have that, provide a service of sufficient standard to keep it.
Login to get fewer ads

Kensington and Chelsea council on 09:20 - Aug 2 with 2720 views26_Paz

on 19:58 - Aug 1 by _

Look at some of the morons they appoint to high positions on huge salaries ... they would get absolutely nowhere in the private sector. That woman who they made leader of the Grenfell tower council and she immediately alienated everyone with her opening statement ... where on earth do they find these people?!

The Paz Man

on 17:11 - Aug 2 with 2636 views_

Kensington and Chelsea council on 09:20 - Aug 2 by 26_Paz

Look at some of the morons they appoint to high positions on huge salaries ... they would get absolutely nowhere in the private sector. That woman who they made leader of the Grenfell tower council and she immediately alienated everyone with her opening statement ... where on earth do they find these people?!

Kensington and Chelsea council on 17:38 - Aug 2 with 2614 viewsRyorry

on 17:11 - Aug 2 by _

As certain letters of the alphabet seem to be trending on TWTD atm, you wouldn't happen to be thinking of someone whose intitials are ME would you ..? surely not!

Gavin Patterson (BT group) and Clive Selley (Openreach) are the ones that come most immediately to my mind. Must be amongst the most incompetently run companies in Europe.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024