Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just how much does Uber [or their cohorts] give the Tories? 09:25 - Sep 30 with 1131 viewsPendejo

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41431847

The drivers are ALL self-employed and hold PCO Licences which last for three years, Uber were servicing part of the London Market... that market will still be there even if Uber weren't the drivers could all get "employment" with other PH [mini cab / chauffeur] companies.

The only people likely to lose out, "IF" after the appeals process Uber ends up without a London Operators Licence, are the backers of this loss making company that has one of those structures that deprives HMRC of significant Tax Revenue

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/oct/10/ubers-main-uk-business-paid-onl

So back to the titular question... Just how much does Uber contribute to the Tory party?

The irony is that a quick Google search leads me here...

https://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/find-information-by-subject/political-par

Which indicates a Mr John Griffin as one of the Tory Party's biggest backers in Q2. The same Mr John Griffin who created Addison Lee, one the companies hit by the rise of Uber [and the parent company of my employer since June 2016].

Things that make you go hmmm.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Just how much does Uber [or their cohorts] give the Tories? on 10:13 - Sep 30 with 1089 viewsfactual_blue

A major govt department terminated its contract for taxi services in London with Addison Lee. I leave the reasons to your imagination.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Just how much does Uber [or their cohorts] give the Tories? on 11:03 - Sep 30 with 1067 viewsPendejo

Just how much does Uber [or their cohorts] give the Tories? on 10:13 - Sep 30 by factual_blue

A major govt department terminated its contract for taxi services in London with Addison Lee. I leave the reasons to your imagination.

Poor service, price, cuts in budget, fed up with Ford Galaxies?

We will be losing one of our longest running contracts [over 30 years] soon due to a business re-organising and re-addressing their priorities... some you win some you lose.

uberima fides

Just how much does Uber [or their cohorts] give the Tories? on 11:06 - Sep 30 with 1060 viewsfactual_blue

Just how much does Uber [or their cohorts] give the Tories? on 11:03 - Sep 30 by Pendejo

Poor service, price, cuts in budget, fed up with Ford Galaxies?

We will be losing one of our longest running contracts [over 30 years] soon due to a business re-organising and re-addressing their priorities... some you win some you lose.

Incredibly poor service.

Just how much does Uber [or their cohorts] give the Tories? on 11:19 - Sep 30 with 1041 viewsPendejo

Just how much does Uber [or their cohorts] give the Tories? on 11:06 - Sep 30 by factual_blue

Incredibly poor service.

Doesn't surprise me.
They work with 45 minute window, whereas I work with a minimum of 2 hours. 45 minutes in London... It could take that just to cross one of the bridges!
As for driver training and standards... that's why they bought us. Other than for large 100+ vehicle events I am not allowed to use their cars for my work as their folks are not trained to our standards... I can't even use Chauffeurs from my company unless they've been with us for over a year.
HOWEVER anyone can get complacent and let their standards slip. Personally I've had a poor week with 2 massive clangers which will no doubt hit my bonus come month end.

uberima fides

Just how much does Uber [or their cohorts] give the Tories? on 11:20 - Sep 30 with 1038 viewspointofblue

And that's why the Conservative Mayor of London fully agrees with this decision.

Ah, wait a minute...

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Just how much does Uber [or their cohorts] give the Tories? on 11:24 - Sep 30 with 1034 viewsfactual_blue

Just how much does Uber [or their cohorts] give the Tories? on 11:19 - Sep 30 by Pendejo

Doesn't surprise me.
They work with 45 minute window, whereas I work with a minimum of 2 hours. 45 minutes in London... It could take that just to cross one of the bridges!
As for driver training and standards... that's why they bought us. Other than for large 100+ vehicle events I am not allowed to use their cars for my work as their folks are not trained to our standards... I can't even use Chauffeurs from my company unless they've been with us for over a year.
HOWEVER anyone can get complacent and let their standards slip. Personally I've had a poor week with 2 massive clangers which will no doubt hit my bonus come month end.

Their mistake was failing to appreciate that most of their calls were going to be to get fairly senior people to & from the mainline stations at silly times in the morning. Letting people who have direct access to the SoS or the Perm Sec miss their trains is only going to lead to one thing.

Just how much does Uber [or their cohorts] give the Tories? on 11:38 - Sep 30 with 1017 viewsSteve_M

It seems a great chance for them to kick Sadiq Khan as well. I don't think anyone expects Uber not to comply with TFL's licensing requirements, they've just been shown that they aren't too big to ignore them.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024