Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evans has finally got some sense!!!!!!! 09:41 - Mar 31 with 3352 viewswaggy24

Many fans have been waiting for this moment to get rid of Mick and finally it has happened. Other clubs either in the premier League or in the championship would have got rid of him straight away, so don't know why it has taken this long. Ever since McCarthy has been at this club I don't like his style of play(defensive) so with a new manager this had got to change.These last games of the season I feel that it is going to be tough and still for many fans who dislike Mick it will be difficult to get behind the team with him as the manager here at our club. As always this season we will end up mid table again, so next season lets see with a new manager what we will end up like. With a new manager next season I want to go to games and be excited again and look forward to a good performance and get behind our team again. So lets get this season out of the way and lets start fresh next season with new ideas and tactics.

ITFC24

Evans has finally got some sense!!!!!!! on 09:43 - Mar 31 with 3333 viewsSwailsey

Don’t think we got rid of him did we?

They didn’t agree on a plan - IE MM wanted money and ME said no, so MM left.

That’s my reading anyway.

The problem is Evans. God help the next manager too.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Evans has finally got some sense!!!!!!! on 09:47 - Mar 31 with 3298 viewswitchdoctor

Evans has finally got some sense!!!!!!! on 09:43 - Mar 31 by Swailsey

so falling attendances and the disconect between the manager and a lage section of the fan base had nothing to do with the decision?...rightyho.:🙄
Evans has finally got some sense!!!!!!! on 09:47 - Mar 31 with 3295 viewsCoco

Tbf Micks job was untenable and I believe both agreed it best to part ways.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Evans has finally got some sense!!!!!!! on 09:53 - Mar 31 with 3264 viewsNo9

Evans has finally got some sense!!!!!!! on 09:47 - Mar 31 by Coco

Tbf Micks job was untenable and I believe both agreed it best to part ways.

MM's interview was lacking in candour & full of conflicts but he did concede Town are not progressing.
That alone after 6 years says it's time for TM to move on
Evans has finally got some sense!!!!!!! on 09:57 - Mar 31 with 3244 viewsHerbivore

Evans has finally got some sense!!!!!!! on 09:53 - Mar 31 by No9

MM's interview was lacking in candour & full of conflicts but he did concede Town are not progressing.
That alone after 6 years says it's time for TM to move on

In what way was it lacking in candour and full of conflicts?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Evans has finally got some sense!!!!!!! on 10:07 - Mar 31 with 3206 viewsSwailsey

Evans has finally got some sense!!!!!!! on 09:47 - Mar 31 by witchdoctor

so falling attendances and the disconect between the manager and a lage section of the fan base had nothing to do with the decision?...rightyho.:🙄

Not what I said though was it.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Evans has finally got some sense!!!!!!! on 10:08 - Mar 31 with 3204 viewsNo9

Evans has finally got some sense!!!!!!! on 09:57 - Mar 31 by Herbivore

In what way was it lacking in candour and full of conflicts?

- you didn't listen?
Well firstly he said he'd done a good job, later he admitted there is no progress
Secondly he said he had left Sunderland & Wolves on good terms. That isn't true, he may have left Sunderland on goo terms but it is a matter of record that he fell out badly with the Wolves Owner.

Just two small points
Evans has finally got some sense!!!!!!! on 11:38 - Mar 31 with 3072 viewsHerbivore

Evans has finally got some sense!!!!!!! on 10:08 - Mar 31 by No9

- you didn't listen?
Well firstly he said he'd done a good job, later he admitted there is no progress
Secondly he said he had left Sunderland & Wolves on good terms. That isn't true, he may have left Sunderland on goo terms but it is a matter of record that he fell out badly with the Wolves Owner.

Just two small points

Hmmmm.

Login to get fewer ads

Evans has finally got some sense!!!!!!! on 11:41 - Mar 31 with 3054 viewsCurrie10

When will people get it.

Evans is the problem, not Mick.

Evans unfortunately gave three idiots a lot of ££££.

Mick's hands were tied from day 1.

The new manager is likely to get a similar pot to Mick.

IF Evans reverts back to giving the new dude ££££ / releasing - then would really make a mockery of Mick being given NOWT for 5.5 years.
Evans has finally got some sense!!!!!!! on 12:09 - Mar 31 with 3012 viewsjas0999

We only have MMs interpretation of that. The man has pride and pretty much sold it that he had dictated everything. ME may have already decided to get rid.
Evans has finally got some sense!!!!!!! on 12:47 - Mar 31 with 2953 viewsAYACCA

Evans has finally got some sense!!!!!!! on 11:41 - Mar 31 by Currie10

When will people get it.

Evans is the problem, not Mick.

Evans unfortunately gave three idiots a lot of ££££.

Mick's hands were tied from day 1.

The new manager is likely to get a similar pot to Mick.

IF Evans reverts back to giving the new dude ££££ / releasing - then would really make a mockery of Mick being given NOWT for 5.5 years.

agreed. we'll be closer to relegation than playoffs next year. as long as the football is entertaining then fans will be happy. or will they......?
Evans has finally got some sense!!!!!!! on 13:14 - Mar 31 with 2901 viewsParisBlue

Evans has finally got some sense!!!!!!! on 12:47 - Mar 31 by AYACCA

agreed. we'll be closer to relegation than playoffs next year. as long as the football is entertaining then fans will be happy. or will they......?

Could be our Curbishley/Charlton moment.

MM says he instigated the meeting with ME. That seems a bit strange to me, when were we thinking of sorting it out? You’d like to think we’ve been preparing for this for a while....I do wonder though...

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Evans has finally got some sense!!!!!!! on 13:35 - Mar 31 with 2850 viewsJ2BLUE

I'm not sure I believe the bit about money. I think that might be MM trying to save face. Almost all of the more reliable sources we have suggested he was going anyway and he has constantly repeated that he knew the job when he came in.

I very much doubt Evans is going to pump in millions but he might invest a little more.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Evans has finally got some sense!!!!!!! on 13:44 - Mar 31 with 2825 viewsHerbivore

Evans has finally got some sense!!!!!!! on 13:35 - Mar 31 by J2BLUE

I'm not sure I believe the bit about money. I think that might be MM trying to save face. Almost all of the more reliable sources we have suggested he was going anyway and he has constantly repeated that he knew the job when he came in.

I very much doubt Evans is going to pump in millions but he might invest a little more.

I suspect it'll be much like the last two summers, some money for the right players with fees up to a million or so, the rest will be freebies and loans.

Evans has finally got some sense!!!!!!! on 13:51 - Mar 31 with 2794 viewsBackToRussia

Evans has finally got some sense!!!!!!! on 13:44 - Mar 31 by Herbivore

I suspect it'll be much like the last two summers, some money for the right players with fees up to a million or so, the rest will be freebies and loans.

ME did listen to MM when it came to valuations of players though. MM and ME often have said that when talking about transfer dealings. It was often MM who would put the brakes on a deal if he thought it was silly money.

With a new man, that dynamic changes. Maybe you get a slightly more gung ho manager who will be prepared to say "look, we should go and get X if it means paying a bit over the odds".

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Evans has finally got some sense!!!!!!! on 14:44 - Mar 31 with 2698 viewsHerbivore

Evans has finally got some sense!!!!!!! on 13:51 - Mar 31 by BackToRussia

ME did listen to MM when it came to valuations of players though. MM and ME often have said that when talking about transfer dealings. It was often MM who would put the brakes on a deal if he thought it was silly money.

With a new man, that dynamic changes. Maybe you get a slightly more gung ho manager who will be prepared to say "look, we should go and get X if it means paying a bit over the odds".

Possibly, we'll see. I imagine Mick always knew there was a clear limit and would he prefer, say, one Connor Washington over Waghorn, Garner and Huws.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024