Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worth a read re. Froome 12:27 - Jun 6 with 1948 viewshomer_123

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/44372328

Ignoring any issues with doping etc the planning is amazing

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Worth a read re. Froome on 12:38 - Jun 6 with 1906 viewsTractorWood

Started a thread at the time. Was unreal.

Giro highlights by TractorWood 26 May 2018 14:34
Anyone watch the giro highlights from yesterday's stage? Froome played a blinder. I know he has his detractors but yesterday was one of the most interesting stages I've ever seen unfold. Well worth watching.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Worth a read re. Froome on 13:01 - Jun 6 with 1876 viewsTJS

I don't think people who haven't followed cycling can truly appreciate the magnitude of Froome's attack that day.
It was like something from Coppi in the 1950's.
I really wanted Simon Yates to win the Giro and I don't particularly like Froome but I have to say I think he is possibly the best rider since Merckx.
Worth a read re. Froome on 13:05 - Jun 6 with 1866 viewschicoazul

"Ignoring any issues with doping" lol

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Worth a read re. Froome on 13:12 - Jun 6 with 1849 viewsIllinoisblue

Worth a read re. Froome on 13:05 - Jun 6 by chicoazul

i say let all cyclists and athletes take as many drugs as they want. I want a 6-second 100 metre goddamit.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Worth a read re. Froome on 13:18 - Jun 6 with 1838 viewschicoazul

Worth a read re. Froome on 13:12 - Jun 6 by Illinoisblue

i say let all cyclists and athletes take as many drugs as they want. I want a 6-second 100 metre goddamit.

Ha!

I am genuinely conflicted about doping. Look at Messi for instance, you can make a convincing argument he is effectively a drugs cheat whilst simultaneously being the GOAT footballer. Without the drugs we wouldn't enjoy the player we have today.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Worth a read re. Froome on 13:36 - Jun 6 with 1816 viewsBasuco

Great read, thanks for the link, team Sky do not usually release the level of detail that they have here for the obvious reason they are preparing for the day in a way other teams may not have thought of, the feeding up for the stage was very interesting. But now feel they need to tell everyone exactly much effort went on behind the scenes to ensure success. I also tried to recall the times when Sky might have gone for it in the same way but failed to pull it off like Chris did.
Worth a read re. Froome on 13:36 - Jun 6 with 1815 viewshomer_123

I can fully appreciate the planning aspect of it though Chico, irrespective of how clean a sport it is.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Worth a read re. Froome on 14:00 - Jun 6 with 1774 viewsSuperfrans

That's just brilliant. Superb piece. I've read a lot of books on cycling and that's one of the most fascinating analyses I've read. Thanks for posting.

It underlines the science that goes into that sport, science with importance way beyond most (if any) other sports - all because of the extremes which cyclists are putting their bodies through. It is a sport which really tests the limits of the human body.

Which is why it is so closely scrutinised and why even an anti-asthma drug which, while not enhancing performance by giving more explosive power, greater stamina, more developed musculature etc, just by allowing someone with a breathing problem to breathe normally can have an impact.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Login to get fewer ads

Worth a read re. Froome on 14:10 - Jun 6 with 1759 viewsTVRBlue

As this thread is about Froome's incredible ride (and the whole Sky teams tactics) that day, which in effect won him the Giro, I assume your comment is suggesting he dopes so therefore wins by cheating.

I was under the impression the investigation in to him giving an adverse result for legal asthma drug Salbutamol is still taking place.

In an interview towards the end of the Giro Froome confirmed he is drugs tested before and after each stage (of that race).

As things stand at the moment nothing has been proven that he's a drugs cheat. Furthermore, I'm not aware anyone has said he cheated in this years Giro.
Worth a read re. Froome on 14:38 - Jun 6 with 1722 viewsHoppersblue10

I watched the stage live, it was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen in sport, they way Froome rode away from the leaders of the race was something to behold.
I know Froome is marmite to many people but as stated already in this thread the planning, determination and the positive attitude not only by him and the rest of the team was breathtaking.

Poll: Who do you want to win on Sunday?

Worth a read re. Froome on 14:56 - Jun 6 with 1703 viewsBasuco

Worth a read re. Froome on 14:10 - Jun 6 by TVRBlue

As this thread is about Froome's incredible ride (and the whole Sky teams tactics) that day, which in effect won him the Giro, I assume your comment is suggesting he dopes so therefore wins by cheating.

I was under the impression the investigation in to him giving an adverse result for legal asthma drug Salbutamol is still taking place.

In an interview towards the end of the Giro Froome confirmed he is drugs tested before and after each stage (of that race).

As things stand at the moment nothing has been proven that he's a drugs cheat. Furthermore, I'm not aware anyone has said he cheated in this years Giro.

I think it is the top 3 overall and top 6 finishers every day plus 15 - 20 random riders that are tested every day on a grand tour, riders also have a blood passport that all blood test results are recorded so that any changes in the blood results are recorded on a very regular basis. That is the reason so many are caught doping because riders like Chris Froome will be tested 70 - 80 times every year. Whereas a Premier League team would be unlikely to have that many tests with all the pro players added together in a season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024