Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It was far worse under Keane and Jewell 13:20 - Sep 23 with 2173 viewsKeepthefaith

Despite another poor result I think people are forgetting how bad things were under Keane and Jewell before change was made.

Under Keane we played 4 centre backs, 4 centre midfielders and showed no sign of a game plan.

Under Jewell we had either loanees or aging journeyman plus countless games where we lost by considerable margins.

I acknowledge other's points on Hurst and our lack of threat but we haven't been thrashed, if we maintain this formation then there is a sense of a game plan and we have some younger players involved with half an eye on the future.

Things are not great but Keane and Jewell survived for far longer than 9 games when in reality things were far worse.

Give Hurst until Christmas unless we become cut adrift at the bottom of the league (6 points or more from safety) and see where hopefully a settled team can take us.

Up the town!
It was far worse under Keane and Jewell on 13:25 - Sep 23 with 2133 viewsBinner

What formation? And What game plan? And the younger players are hardly getting a look in except for the loanees.

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Technically we played 4 different formations.... on 13:28 - Sep 23 with 2121 viewsBloots

.....yesterday.

Which one of them do you suggest we keep playing?

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

It was far worse under Keane and Jewell on 13:32 - Sep 23 with 2097 viewsWD19

Keane and Jewell were both terrible in their own different ways.

If, however, you take the worst of both and glue them together..........
Technically we played 4 different formations.... on 13:33 - Sep 23 with 2091 viewsKeepthefaith

Technically we played 4 different formations.... on 13:28 - Sep 23 by Bloots

.....yesterday.

More so through playing 10 men and then going down to 10 men than anything.

Everyone seems to forget that against our 10 men Aston Villa (one of the better sides in the league) failed to score.

Playing against 10 men in the Championship is not an automatic ticket to a win.
It was far worse under Keane and Jewell on 13:34 - Sep 23 with 2076 viewsKeepthefaith

It was far worse under Keane and Jewell on 13:25 - Sep 23 by Binner

What formation? And What game plan? And the younger players are hardly getting a look in except for the loanees.

Players such as Nsiala and Nolan were bought in who can develop as opposed to Ingarmasson, Andrews, Sonko etc
Technically we played 4 different formations.... on 13:36 - Sep 23 with 2066 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Technically we played 4 different formations.... on 13:28 - Sep 23 by Bloots

.....yesterday.

You really don’t need 2 holding players against 10 so the first change made sense to me. And I guess you’re saying the 4th is when Walters went off!?

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

It was far worse under Keane and Jewell on 13:49 - Sep 23 with 2022 viewsBinner

It was far worse under Keane and Jewell on 13:34 - Sep 23 by Keepthefaith

Players such as Nsiala and Nolan were bought in who can develop as opposed to Ingarmasson, Andrews, Sonko etc

Nsiala and Nolan are both 26 and should be close to their best years, hardly youngsters for development. (I take the point that Ingimarsson was finished by the time we signed him. Sonko was about 30 and might have had a year or two if he'd been good enough.)

Technically we played 4 different formations.... on 13:51 - Sep 23 with 2003 viewsLankHenners

Technically we played 4 different formations.... on 13:33 - Sep 23 by Keepthefaith

More so through playing 10 men and then going down to 10 men than anything.

Everyone seems to forget that against our 10 men Aston Villa (one of the better sides in the league) failed to score.

Playing against 10 men in the Championship is not an automatic ticket to a win.

Villa didn't score because they didn't seem to know what to do or have the confidence to really bash our door down. Same with us yesterday. It's not an automatic win but it's pretty poor if you don't manage to see the game off.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Login to get fewer ads

It was far worse under Keane and Jewell on 13:52 - Sep 23 with 1992 viewsWD19

It was far worse under Keane and Jewell on 13:49 - Sep 23 by Binner

Nsiala and Nolan are both 26 and should be close to their best years, hardly youngsters for development. (I take the point that Ingimarsson was finished by the time we signed him. Sonko was about 30 and might have had a year or two if he'd been good enough.)

Sonko was an error Jewell recognised immediately. Described him as a 'car crash on the ball' after his first training session with Town.
It was far worse under Keane and Jewell on 13:56 - Sep 23 with 1970 viewsBinner

It was far worse under Keane and Jewell on 13:52 - Sep 23 by WD19

Sonko was an error Jewell recognised immediately. Described him as a 'car crash on the ball' after his first training session with Town.

...then played him 22 times

It was far worse under Keane and Jewell on 14:06 - Sep 23 with 1937 viewsBlueBadger

It was far worse under Keane and Jewell on 13:52 - Sep 23 by WD19

....and carried on playing him.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

It was far worse under Keane and Jewell on 15:03 - Sep 23 with 1791 viewslowhouseblue

this is the last decade of my football supporting life - trying to decide if now is the low point or whether the low point was actually some other time in the relatively recent past. such joy.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

It was far worse under Keane and Jewell on 15:29 - Sep 23 with 1745 viewsurbanblue

It was far worse under Keane and Jewell on 15:03 - Sep 23 by lowhouseblue

this is the last decade of my football supporting life - trying to decide if now is the low point or whether the low point was actually some other time in the relatively recent past. such joy.

I know what my low point in 40 odd years of ITFC history is .... It was when Keane signed Rory Fallon on loan as the answer to our striking problem.

I thought I'd entered some mad parallel universe. I feel quite upbeat now compared to then!!
It was far worse under Keane and Jewell on 15:44 - Sep 23 with 1706 viewslegoman

At the moment the only comparison I can make to PH is JD (John Duncan). JD threatened to succeed with signings like David Lowe (brilliant striker) but failed hideously towards the end. I feel that PH will have the strength to be a BR (Bobby Robson) given time. He is already facing the "Robson out" brigade decades later but will in my opinion ride it out as the great man did!

Poll: Sheepshanks 5 years -v- Evans 5 points

It was far worse under Keane and Jewell on 16:49 - Sep 23 with 1614 viewsjas0999

It was far worse under Keane and Jewell on 15:44 - Sep 23 by legoman

At the moment the only comparison I can make to PH is JD (John Duncan). JD threatened to succeed with signings like David Lowe (brilliant striker) but failed hideously towards the end. I feel that PH will have the strength to be a BR (Bobby Robson) given time. He is already facing the "Robson out" brigade decades later but will in my opinion ride it out as the great man did!

Comparing Hurst to Sir Bobby is ridiculous. The latter tried and eventually succeeded in building from within the club. He careful sought and purchased good additions to the squad. Had faith in youth, including OUR players.
It was far worse under Keane and Jewell on 16:57 - Sep 23 with 1587 viewsstantheman

It was far worse under Keane and Jewell on 16:49 - Sep 23 by jas0999

Comparing Hurst to Sir Bobby is ridiculous. The latter tried and eventually succeeded in building from within the club. He careful sought and purchased good additions to the squad. Had faith in youth, including OUR players.

The quality of the youth then was a bloody site better than what we have now from what I have seen though. The best are either hovered up by the prem or subsequently stolen from the likes of little old Ipswich.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024