Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting new rule from Samuel Smiths 17:07 - Mar 30 with 717 viewsStokieBlue

I am quite partial to a Samuel Smiths pub (The Captain Kidd is excellent), interesting beers at decent prices.

This might be a step to far for many though:

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/sam-smiths-samuel

I do like the thought of the 73 year old owner going to pubs undercover to ensure the rules are upheld.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Interesting new rule from Samuel Smiths on 17:09 - Mar 30 with 686 viewsfooters

I'm sure we've discussed this before, UB, but is that one the one near St James'? Bloody brilliant place, if so.

And yeah, the owner's bonkers. Actually tried to ban swearing in pubs.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Interesting new rule from Samuel Smiths on 17:12 - Mar 30 with 672 viewsStokieBlue

Interesting new rule from Samuel Smiths on 17:09 - Mar 30 by footers

I'm sure we've discussed this before, UB, but is that one the one near St James'? Bloody brilliant place, if so.

And yeah, the owner's bonkers. Actually tried to ban swearing in pubs.

Nope, it's down in Wapping with a lovely view of the Thames.

Rather surprisingly the cherry beer in the sunshine on the Thames is a great way to spend a day.

First 3 rounds on you for the tip.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Interesting new rule from Samuel Smiths on 17:17 - Mar 30 with 644 viewsfooters

Interesting new rule from Samuel Smiths on 17:12 - Mar 30 by StokieBlue

Nope, it's down in Wapping with a lovely view of the Thames.

Rather surprisingly the cherry beer in the sunshine on the Thames is a great way to spend a day.

First 3 rounds on you for the tip.

SB

Ah! I know the place. We watched the queen's dismal boat parade thingy from just outside, committed republicans that we are.

Pfff. You've got more chance of finding rocking horse sh1t than me buying you three rounds.

It is interesting though, not sure if I agree or not. I mean, where do you draw the line? Can I still read a book in there or not? I don't know why people play with their phones when with friends though, doesn't make any sense, unless it's to find something out or show someone summat.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Interesting new rule from Samuel Smiths on 17:25 - Mar 30 with 612 viewsFunge

The John Snow is Soho has always been pretty decent; about £1-£1.50 a pint cheaper than anywhere else in the vicinity.

I can appreciate the sentiment, but how one enforces it on a Friday night at 10 pm is anyones guess.

The owner is a bit of a nutter - this is an interesting link, albeit one that hasnt been updated for a couple of years....

https://www.facebook.com/SamuelSmithsWorstBrewery/
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024