Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our 2 cbs are dreadful 20:34 - Jan 26 with 2230 viewsSimonds92

And the left back isn't much better. Anyone who thinks Wolfenden is our best defender does not understand football.
Our 2 cbs are dreadful on 20:35 - Jan 26 with 1927 viewsSwansea_Blue

That was McG's fault for committing himself when we weren't set. Edit - or rather having to commit himself as Ward was absent.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2021 20:46]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Our 2 cbs are dreadful on 20:37 - Jan 26 with 1885 viewsblueislander

Right back ain’t all that either.
Our 2 cbs are dreadful on 20:37 - Jan 26 with 1886 viewsNthsuffolkblue

For as skilful as our midfielders are, we create far too little and our strikers don't score like they used to.

It is almost like we are just a disorganised rabble that has been thrown together.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Our 2 cbs are dreadful on 20:41 - Jan 26 with 1811 viewsHerbivore

They are two kids learning the game. They shouldn't be playing as a pair. Woolf has been decent enough, McGuiness too, but the experienced left back committed himself and got caught out of position and the two CBs didn't have the experience (or communication between hem) to not get pulled across covering.

Have to say, we don't concede that goal if we have someone like Skuse playing. Dozzell has a lot going for him but he doesn't respond quickly enough defensively in those situations. That's not his game and it's not his fault, but if you've got two young CBs you need some experience and defensive nous in front of them to help them out.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2021 20:44]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Our 2 cbs are dreadful on 20:43 - Jan 26 with 1776 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Exactly people are pampering Woolfenden for the obvious reasons.

Nsiala meanwhile gets slated for everything.
Our 2 cbs are dreadful on 20:43 - Jan 26 with 1765 viewslongtimefan

Our 2 cbs are dreadful on 20:35 - Jan 26 by Swansea_Blue

That was McG's fault for committing himself when we weren't set. Edit - or rather having to commit himself as Ward was absent.

I don’t think McGuiness had a choice as Ward was missing.
Our 2 cbs are dreadful on 20:44 - Jan 26 with 1753 viewsSimonds92

Our 2 cbs are dreadful on 20:35 - Jan 26 by Swansea_Blue

Hence why i said both of them are dreadful. Bad error compounded, they both committed when there was no need to. I posted about 90 seconds before the goal questioning why they think its a good idea to commit themselves so much pushing up in to the opposition half. Its schoolboy stuff and Woolfenden is reasonably experienced, i dont understand the hype at all.
Our 2 cbs are dreadful on 20:45 - Jan 26 with 1721 viewsSwansea_Blue

Our 2 cbs are dreadful on 20:41 - Jan 26 by Herbivore

They are two kids learning the game. They shouldn't be playing as a pair. Woolf has been decent enough, McGuiness too, but the experienced left back committed himself and got caught out of position and the two CBs didn't have the experience (or communication between hem) to not get pulled across covering.

Have to say, we don't concede that goal if we have someone like Skuse playing. Dozzell has a lot going for him but he doesn't respond quickly enough defensively in those situations. That's not his game and it's not his fault, but if you've got two young CBs you need some experience and defensive nous in front of them to help them out.

Watching it back, that's a fair summary of what happened and the problem. It's a young 3 to have in the spine of the team (with an ever changing GK behind them just to make things a little more 'interesting'). Not that age is an issue if they are good enough.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2021 20:45]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Our 2 cbs are dreadful on 20:45 - Jan 26 with 1721 viewsChrisd

Our 2 cbs are dreadful on 20:41 - Jan 26 by Herbivore

They have both been fine this half, apart from the goal. I’d have a look at your man Woolfenden, why he’s pulled right over to that left hand side instead of holding his position more centrally I just don’t know.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Our 2 cbs are dreadful on 20:45 - Jan 26 with 1706 viewsjas0999

Dreadful defending
Our 2 cbs are dreadful on 20:45 - Jan 26 with 1702 viewsHerbivore

Our 2 cbs are dreadful on 20:43 - Jan 26 by Mach_foreignBlue

Exactly people are pampering Woolfenden for the obvious reasons.

Nsiala meanwhile gets slated for everything.

Nsiala is 27 and still makes schoolboy errors. Woolf is still a rookie. Join the dots, Mach.

Our 2 cbs are dreadful on 20:47 - Jan 26 with 1668 viewsHerbivore

Our 2 cbs are dreadful on 20:45 - Jan 26 by Chrisd

They have both been fine this half, apart from the goal. I’d have a look at your man Woolfenden, why he’s pulled right over to that left hand side instead of holding his position more centrally I just don’t know.

Because you can't leave a massive gap between the two centre backs, he's responding to McGuiness getting pulled across. Naive from both of them, but both covering for Ward getting caught out in the first place. Poor goal all round.

Our 2 cbs are dreadful on 20:48 - Jan 26 with 1652 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Our 2 cbs are dreadful on 20:45 - Jan 26 by Herbivore

Nsiala is 27 and still makes schoolboy errors. Woolf is still a rookie. Join the dots, Mach.

Not interested in your tripe.

That doesn't warrant constant abuse for Nsiala when he makes the mistakes.

Woolfenden a rookie? Go on loan somewhere and learn the game. That goal was exactly the same kind of mistake we made for the Swindons first game.
Our 2 cbs are dreadful on 20:48 - Jan 26 with 1643 viewsChrisd

Our 2 cbs are dreadful on 20:47 - Jan 26 by Herbivore

Because you can't leave a massive gap between the two centre backs, he's responding to McGuiness getting pulled across. Naive from both of them, but both covering for Ward getting caught out in the first place. Poor goal all round.

McGuiness had to go across to cover the space left by Ward’s absence. Woolfie is far too close to McGuiness, he needed to show more awareness of players around him, he’s been caught ball watching.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2021 20:52]

Our 2 cbs are dreadful on 20:50 - Jan 26 with 1602 viewsHerbivore

Our 2 cbs are dreadful on 20:48 - Jan 26 by Mach_foreignBlue

Woolfenden a rookie? Go on loan somewhere and learn the game. That goal was exactly the same kind of mistake we made for the Swindons first game.

I don't care if you're interested in it or not, just try to show some understanding of the game for a change.

Our 2 cbs are dreadful on 20:51 - Jan 26 with 1579 viewsjayessess

Our 2 cbs are dreadful on 20:48 - Jan 26 by Mach_foreignBlue

Except that time it was Chambers who lost his shape and got sucked across. Our entire back four has very little positional discipline.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Our 2 cbs are dreadful on 20:51 - Jan 26 with 1574 viewsHerbivore

Our 2 cbs are dreadful on 20:48 - Jan 26 by Chrisd

McGuiness had to go across to cover the space left by Ward’s absence. Woolfie is far too close to McGuiness, he needed to show more awareness of players around him, he’s been caught ball watching.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2021 20:52]

He has to come across and cover, otherwise they can literally stroll through the middle between the CBs. Poor all round, and exactly why you don't have CBs with a combined age of 41 and two full backs with a combined age of 70.

Our 2 cbs are dreadful on 20:53 - Jan 26 with 1555 viewsChrisd

Our 2 cbs are dreadful on 20:51 - Jan 26 by Herbivore

He has to come across and cover, otherwise they can literally stroll through the middle between the CBs. Poor all round, and exactly why you don't have CBs with a combined age of 41 and two full backs with a combined age of 70.

Sorry, not that close. He’s nearly holding his hand that created the huge gap centrally.

Our 2 cbs are dreadful on 20:53 - Jan 26 with 1548 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Our 2 cbs are dreadful on 20:50 - Jan 26 by Herbivore

I don't care if you're interested in it or not, just try to show some understanding of the game for a change.

Equally I don't care about what you have to say so spare me your tripe.

Woolfenden keeps making mistakes that costs us goals. Nsiala gives away penalties at times. Different standards apply to both though.
Our 2 cbs are dreadful on 20:54 - Jan 26 with 1539 viewsHerbivore

Our 2 cbs are dreadful on 20:53 - Jan 26 by Mach_foreignBlue

Equally I don't care about what you have to say so spare me your tripe.

Woolfenden keeps making mistakes that costs us goals. Nsiala gives away penalties at times. Different standards apply to both though.

I'll post what I like, mate. You don't have to read it.

Our 2 cbs are dreadful on 20:57 - Jan 26 with 1498 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Our 2 cbs are dreadful on 20:54 - Jan 26 by Herbivore

You have to have the last word.

Of course you can post what you like. But as to understanding the game start with yourself first before dishing out advices.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2021 20:58]
Our 2 cbs are dreadful on 21:01 - Jan 26 with 1456 viewsHerbivore

Our 2 cbs are dreadful on 20:57 - Jan 26 by Mach_foreignBlue

You have to have the last word.

Of course you can post what you like. But as to understanding the game start with yourself first before dishing out advices.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2021 20:58]

I understand the game perfectly well thanks. You don't have to keep responding to me, unless of course it's really you that's desperate to have the last word?

Our 2 cbs are dreadful on 21:02 - Jan 26 with 1445 viewsPinewoodblue

Our 2 cbs are dreadful on 20:54 - Jan 26 by Herbivore

You shouldn’t expect everyone to agree with you.

Woolfenden had to move over as McGuiness was covering for the missing Ward.

Would have been OK if Chambers had reacted. He had a choice go over to mark someone with 14 goals already this season or stay with a player less likely to score. In the end he did neither.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Our 2 cbs are dreadful on 21:04 - Jan 26 with 1429 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Our 2 cbs are dreadful on 21:01 - Jan 26 by Herbivore

I understand the game perfectly well thanks. You don't have to keep responding to me, unless of course it's really you that's desperate to have the last word?

I wasn't even talking to you and it is you who responded to me. My main point was that spare me your tripe and believe in what you want as to your footballing knowledge.
Our 2 cbs are dreadful on 21:07 - Jan 26 with 1396 viewsHerbivore

Our 2 cbs are dreadful on 21:04 - Jan 26 by Mach_foreignBlue

I wasn't even talking to you and it is you who responded to me. My main point was that spare me your tripe and believe in what you want as to your footballing knowledge.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024