Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it now time to sack Paul Cook? 21:45 - Nov 23 with 3429 viewsN2_Blue

Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Is it now time to sack Paul Cook? on 21:55 - Nov 23 with 2733 viewsN2_Blue

wow only one vote for no so far....the tide has really changed tonight.

Is it now time to sack Paul Cook? on 21:57 - Nov 23 with 2687 viewsgainsboroughblue

Is it now time to sack Paul Cook? on 21:55 - Nov 23 by N2_Blue

wow only one vote for no so far....the tide has really changed tonight.

20 minutes after a p155 poor performance will always bring an emotional response so unsurprising. That said, things are just not improving. The Portsmouth and Wycombe performances just serve to give us false hope before things come crashing down again.

Just so depressing. As fans, we can't catch a break with whoever we have here.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2021 21:59]

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Is it now time to sack Paul Cook? on 22:00 - Nov 23 with 2633 viewsRyorry

Didn't see or hear the game, but my instinct is that our new owners won't put up with such a succession of poor showings (going by the comments on here) for much, if any, longer.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Is it now time to sack Paul Cook? on 22:09 - Nov 23 with 2582 viewsN2_Blue

Is it now time to sack Paul Cook? on 21:57 - Nov 23 by gainsboroughblue

20 minutes after a p155 poor performance will always bring an emotional response so unsurprising. That said, things are just not improving. The Portsmouth and Wycombe performances just serve to give us false hope before things come crashing down again.

Just so depressing. As fans, we can't catch a break with whoever we have here.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2021 21:59]

Oh i've no doubt more support will show itself for Cook after the initial disappointment of the result has passed...but i think the tide has turned.

Cook still had a lot of support before tonight but some have definitely lost hope in him now i feel.

I really thought he turn it around despite the disappointing first 2 months of the season, but it's just not happening and we look lost as the most crucial point of the season.

Is it now time to sack Paul Cook? on 22:14 - Nov 23 with 2514 viewsStadiumofdark

No, 8 weeks ago was the right time, but tonight will have to do
Is it now time to sack Paul Cook? on 22:19 - Nov 23 with 2449 viewsN2_Blue

Is it now time to sack Paul Cook? on 22:14 - Nov 23 by Stadiumofdark

No, 8 weeks ago was the right time, but tonight will have to do

It would also remove the final piece of the Evans reign.

Ashton can bring in his own man as i'm sure some of the players are Ashton's rather than Cook's

Is it now time to sack Paul Cook? on 08:13 - Nov 24 with 2280 viewsNeedhamChris

I've been Cook Out since he burnt through all my good will by throwing away last seasons play-off push and binning off the team - but to be honest humble pie would have tasted amazingly if we'd made a genuine push on this season and were competing at the top end of the table.

You're right - looks like a real shift in opinion. Maybe that good will has reached it's expiry date. He's a nice enough bloke, he's probably the right manager but at the wrong club, appointed by the wrong owner.

It's now or never for this season, the owners need to decide if they're willing to let this season drift away or have a real go in the 2nd half of the season.

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Is it now time to sack Paul Cook? on 08:29 - Nov 24 with 2238 viewsN2_Blue

Is it now time to sack Paul Cook? on 08:13 - Nov 24 by NeedhamChris

I've been Cook Out since he burnt through all my good will by throwing away last seasons play-off push and binning off the team - but to be honest humble pie would have tasted amazingly if we'd made a genuine push on this season and were competing at the top end of the table.

You're right - looks like a real shift in opinion. Maybe that good will has reached it's expiry date. He's a nice enough bloke, he's probably the right manager but at the wrong club, appointed by the wrong owner.

It's now or never for this season, the owners need to decide if they're willing to let this season drift away or have a real go in the 2nd half of the season.

Agree. I don’t dislike Cook like I did Keane, Hurst and Lambert, but his whole tenure has been a disaster.
Perhaps you are right, wrong club at the wrong time for him as he’s proven himself elsewhere.
However his stubbornness and lack of a plan B when it’s not working his hugely frustrating for supporters.

Login to get fewer ads

Is it now time to sack Paul Cook? on 08:36 - Nov 24 with 2217 viewstimothyeo

I think the reality is you either throw the dice now (no later than now) and see if it gets us into the playoffs, which is a tough ask, or we stick for the rest of the season, accept midtable in League One, and sack Cook in the summer.

Fully dependant on who's available / who would come to us really.
Is it now time to sack Paul Cook? on 08:40 - Nov 24 with 2208 viewsReuser_is_God

You either make the change now & gamble on turning this season around or you keep him & give him next season too.

The last thing we need next summer is further change.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Is it now time to sack Paul Cook? on 08:46 - Nov 24 with 2179 viewsDubtractor

I'm still on the fence a bit, but wouldn't be surprised or disappointed if we did sack him.

Under any metric we have been very poor since he joined us. Very poor indeed.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Is it now time to sack Paul Cook? on 09:12 - Nov 24 with 2102 viewsN2_Blue

As of 09.11am exactly 100 votes and 75% would sack Cook!

Fairly telling of how the mood has changed.

Is it now time to sack Paul Cook? on 09:18 - Nov 24 with 2075 viewsitfcserbia

I was not aware of this poll so inadvertently started a similar one.

We have scored 14 goals and conceded 1 in our 3 good games of which 2 were actually against awful Doncaster and Portsmouth teams (Wycombe game being the third). Outside of those 3 games our results have been pretty consistent all season and the score is awful:
Played 16
Won 3, Drawn 6, Lost 7
GF 20, GA 28, GD -8

This is without last season's abysmal record.

So we are not such a free-scoring unit as some would think. Last night for example (and not for the first time) we had front 3 behind Bonne all playing outside of their strongest positions and it's no wonder we cannot create a lot against any fairly organized defense. Most of our attacks actually ended with a misplaced back or side pass not even a forward attempt. This is a very unsettled side after 5 months of work with this coaching staff.

I was a strong supporter of Cook but I am ready to say I was wrong and I don't trust him anymore. And the enthusiasm from the start of the season is starting to wear real thin.

Semper fidelis!
Poll: Would you sack Paul Cook?

Is it now time to sack Paul Cook? on 11:32 - Nov 24 with 1951 viewsN2_Blue

Can we get a cross sample of 200 people voting? That should be fairly representative of the TWTD mood. I was expecting it to be 50/50 and surprised as many has 70% are in favour of moving on from Cook now, but i believe it is the right move.

We have regressed badly in recent weeks, and our so called good run of form only managed back to back victories once. There is nothing to be encouraged about Paul Cook's managerial performance.

Is it now time to sack Paul Cook? on 12:59 - Nov 24 with 1857 viewsitfcserbia

Just look how many teams have games in hands over us, some of them not one but two games.

Semper fidelis!
Poll: Would you sack Paul Cook?

Is it now time to sack Paul Cook? on 13:04 - Nov 24 with 1830 viewshunty21

Is it now time to sack Paul Cook? on 08:36 - Nov 24 by timothyeo

I think the reality is you either throw the dice now (no later than now) and see if it gets us into the playoffs, which is a tough ask, or we stick for the rest of the season, accept midtable in League One, and sack Cook in the summer.

Fully dependant on who's available / who would come to us really.

We need to build relationships and give managers time hes not been in for a year and we already want his head, are we gonna be a club that hires and fires if things arent rosey its not healthy and i think majority fans want what he wants to win games and put the effort in which we sre doing
Is it now time to sack Paul Cook? on 13:39 - Nov 24 with 1784 viewsN2_Blue

Is it now time to sack Paul Cook? on 13:04 - Nov 24 by hunty21

We need to build relationships and give managers time hes not been in for a year and we already want his head, are we gonna be a club that hires and fires if things arent rosey its not healthy and i think majority fans want what he wants to win games and put the effort in which we sre doing

We tried that approach with Lambert and look where that got us.

If a manager isn't good enough or doesn't fit the club then you need to change it.

Plenty of clubs fire their managers more regularly than us when things aren't working and are far more healthy than us.

It does more damage to keep a manager and inexperienced coaching team that will fail to address where they are going wrong than appoint a new man with different ideas and coaches.

Is it now time to sack Paul Cook? on 13:43 - Nov 24 with 1757 viewsHerbivore

Is it now time to sack Paul Cook? on 08:40 - Nov 24 by Reuser_is_God

You either make the change now & gamble on turning this season around or you keep him & give him next season too.

The last thing we need next summer is further change.

There has to be a middle ground as well surely? If we're still in this position come February or March then get rid and give a new manager a couple of months to assess the squad ahead of the summer. If Cook is still failing here after a year it would be a very ME and Lambert response to say "this is our guy" and give him another year.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Is it now time to sack Paul Cook? on 13:44 - Nov 24 with 1752 viewshunty21

Is it now time to sack Paul Cook? on 13:39 - Nov 24 by N2_Blue

We tried that approach with Lambert and look where that got us.

If a manager isn't good enough or doesn't fit the club then you need to change it.

Plenty of clubs fire their managers more regularly than us when things aren't working and are far more healthy than us.

It does more damage to keep a manager and inexperienced coaching team that will fail to address where they are going wrong than appoint a new man with different ideas and coaches.

Name an example please? Apart from Watford
Is it now time to sack Paul Cook? on 13:47 - Nov 24 with 1741 viewstimothyeo

Is it now time to sack Paul Cook? on 13:04 - Nov 24 by hunty21

Most clubs change manager every couple of years in modern football. We haven't been doing that and we've fallen down the leagues and find ourselves three seasons into midtable league one obscurity.

What do you think changes if Cook stays here another year? What can he say or do suddenly different? And why couldn't a fresh manager achieve that?

Our fans have a weird desire to hold onto managers regardless of how p*ss poor they are, how disorganised the team looks, because "it might come good". It's weird.
Is it now time to sack Paul Cook? on 13:52 - Nov 24 with 1726 viewsWeirdFishes

Is it now time to sack Paul Cook? on 13:43 - Nov 24 by Herbivore

There has to be a middle ground as well surely? If we're still in this position come February or March then get rid and give a new manager a couple of months to assess the squad ahead of the summer. If Cook is still failing here after a year it would be a very ME and Lambert response to say "this is our guy" and give him another year.

Whilst I’m not ‘Cook Out’ I don’t think we should be waiting until that sort of time if we are to make a change, carry on like this and the season will be gone and we’ll have to endure another season in this league.

I’d give him the next month or so. Winning against Crewe ‘should’ be a formality and then see where we are after the tough run of games through December. If we’re 15 or so points behind 6th which is a real possibility after those games I’d get someone else in ahead of January.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Is it now time to sack Paul Cook? on 13:55 - Nov 24 with 1716 viewsN2_Blue

Is it now time to sack Paul Cook? on 13:44 - Nov 24 by hunty21

Name an example please? Apart from Watford

about half the clubs that sit above us in the football league.

We generally give managers more time than most other clubs and look where we are.

The exception was Paul Hurst...and i think we all know why, he was an appalling manager.

Cook has proven himself in the past but it doesn't mean it's going to come good. I prefer to look at what he is currently doing, and the signs are not vey good. For a successful manager in the past he seems surprisingly limited and lost in how to change things when not working. Not a good sign.

For a new manager i would look at someone who hasn't just been successful, but someone that has proven to be effective in turning things around, or shows willingness to adapt when something isn't working.

Is it now time to sack Paul Cook? on 14:16 - Nov 24 with 1652 viewsHerbivore

Is it now time to sack Paul Cook? on 13:52 - Nov 24 by WeirdFishes

Whilst I’m not ‘Cook Out’ I don’t think we should be waiting until that sort of time if we are to make a change, carry on like this and the season will be gone and we’ll have to endure another season in this league.

I’d give him the next month or so. Winning against Crewe ‘should’ be a formality and then see where we are after the tough run of games through December. If we’re 15 or so points behind 6th which is a real possibility after those games I’d get someone else in ahead of January.

I'm same as you really, wouldn't care if he went tomorrow to be honest but not actively calling for him to go either. Also like you I'd rather not wait until February or March and would get rid before the January window if things don't improve just so we have a slither of a chance of salvaging something from the season. I was more suggesting that if you're in the give him time camp that shouldn't translate to him getting all this season and next, if we're miles off still come February or March surely even they would have to see the value in giving a new manager some time with the squad before tinkering in the summer and going again next year? I don't think there'd be much point, if we're still failing in March, in giving Cook the rest of the season and I definitely don't see the logic of giving him the next season as well if he continues to fail until then.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Is it now time to sack Paul Cook? on 14:20 - Nov 24 with 1639 viewsDMDC

Got to go for me.
Is it now time to sack Paul Cook? on 15:23 - Nov 24 with 1542 viewshunty21

Is it now time to sack Paul Cook? on 13:55 - Nov 24 by N2_Blue

about half the clubs that sit above us in the football league.

We generally give managers more time than most other clubs and look where we are.

The exception was Paul Hurst...and i think we all know why, he was an appalling manager.

Cook has proven himself in the past but it doesn't mean it's going to come good. I prefer to look at what he is currently doing, and the signs are not vey good. For a successful manager in the past he seems surprisingly limited and lost in how to change things when not working. Not a good sign.

For a new manager i would look at someone who hasn't just been successful, but someone that has proven to be effective in turning things around, or shows willingness to adapt when something isn't working.

If you look at most clubs you give a manager atleast a year, theres alot of ifs and maybes which is frustrating and whilst I agree if we arent beating and performing how we have shown glimpses of in the 2nd half of season then yes maybe a change is needed but we could be 4th right now if we turned some of those 2-2 to wins and the picture looks a lot different so let see if cook can hit those heights we are capable of if now then yes change it but im sick of buying and selling players moaning cos we lost to 2 promotion chasing sides, and wasting money just cos we have lost 2 games
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024