Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A case for Frank Lampard 13:57 - Dec 9 with 329 viewsBonneNIL

Firstly, I think there is not a cats chance in hell he'd come here, but I can see our owners with their Chelsea connections and looking to expand our brand to their US audience wanting Lampard (and Terry as an assistant).

I kept reading about what an abject failure Lampard had been at Derby and Chelsea and then I looked at the overalls. Considering we haven't had a manager break a 40% W/L ratio since Royle... Lampard actually fairs pretty well in the top two divisions 42% with Derby and 52% with Chelsea. His overall win/loss as a manager is 48%. Over two or three seasons that really isn't that bad all.

So therefore given that we have a comparable budget and fanbase to Chelsea and Derby in their respective leagues, there's no reason Lampard couldn't achieve a similar w/l ratio here and if he did, we'd be promoted. It's maybe not as daft a proposition as many are making out, it could be an easy win for Lampard to get us back in the Championship and push on with his career too.

I don't see it happening though. Not at all. But I can see why Gamechanger would love to make it happen.

Poll: Best Adidas Home Shirt of the Modern Era

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024