Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I’m disappointed…… 17:41 - Jan 8 with 847 viewsChrisd

that our next game is in a week’s time! Well done lads, 3pts with a very accomplished display. Another week on the training ground to work with the squad for KM, I suppose that’s no bad thing. 🤔

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

I’m disappointed…… on 18:09 - Jan 8 with 760 viewsN2_Blue

AT least it means players can get a proper rest especially with away games coming up and that we can keep a settled side that has strung two wins together

I like this line up, with Norwood and Bonne up top.

Having Chaplin + potentially Celina from the bench should be a crime at this level.

Other than being so far off the pace we are in a very good place however those 8 points suddenly feels achievable between now and May.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

I’m disappointed…… on 18:29 - Jan 8 with 729 viewsChrisd

I’m disappointed…… on 18:09 - Jan 8 by N2_Blue

AT least it means players can get a proper rest especially with away games coming up and that we can keep a settled side that has strung two wins together

Having Chaplin + potentially Celina from the bench should be a crime at this level.

Other than being so far off the pace we are in a very good place however those 8 points suddenly feels achievable between now and May.

Very true N2 Blue, I was only teasing. We also have a free week after the Bolton game as we build up for the visit of Accrington. It certainly gives KM and his coaching staff time to bed in their ideas. The way things have worked out since his appointed, he couldn’t have asked for better.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2022 18:35]

I’m disappointed…… on 18:37 - Jan 8 with 699 viewschrismakin

Am I the only one who doesn't see Celina working with this set up as much as others?

I know I know. And again, I LOVED celina when here under Mick

BUT, when you compare him with Aluko today, will Celina give us the pitch coverage of Aluko? We know what he can do with the ball, but the effort of it, will that improve? etc. My only concern

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

I’m disappointed…… on 18:51 - Jan 8 with 663 viewsWicklowBlue

I’m disappointed…… on 18:37 - Jan 8 by chrismakin

Am I the only one who doesn't see Celina working with this set up as much as others?

BUT, when you compare him with Aluko today, will Celina give us the pitch coverage of Aluko? We know what he can do with the ball, but the effort of it, will that improve? etc. My only concern

All about competition for places and a settled side. For whatever reason it seemed like the first 11 was different every week under Cook. Now 3 games for McK performances mean that barring illness/injury the same 11 go again, meaning when a player gets 10/20 mins as a sub they need to perform.

Currently no way you could start Celina over Aluko, I'd expect Celina to get some mins towards the end of a game to build match fitness and show what he can do.
I’m disappointed…… on 20:32 - Jan 8 with 577 viewsChrisd

I’m disappointed…… on 18:37 - Jan 8 by chrismakin

It’ll be interesting because in KM’s current formation Aluko’s spot is the only logical place where Celina could fit in. It will be interesting to see when Celina is back, how this all plays out.

On a slightly different note, I’m sure it was you Chris a few months ago mentioned our squad could play this formation if Cook wanted to change and some thought that we couldn’t or we didn’t have the players to do it. Funny how that turned out?!
[Post edited 9 Jan 2022 9:47]

I’m disappointed…… on 08:51 - Jan 9 with 406 viewsbrazil1981

Think McK is getting as near to a ‘pre-season’ as you can get at this time of year (if that makes sense), which is in my opinion could work out well! He’s getting plenty of time to work with the squad on his way of doing things, a match a week to build on this, players getting good rest & recovery! Obviously there’s going to be busy periods as the season progresses, however with the squad rested and hopefully a few more wins under our belt, never know we could be in a good position to mount a late push to sneak in the Play-offs!
I’m disappointed…… on 09:51 - Jan 9 with 351 viewsChrisd

I’m disappointed…… on 08:51 - Jan 9 by brazil1981

Think McK is getting as near to a ‘pre-season’ as you can get at this time of year (if that makes sense), which is in my opinion could work out well! He’s getting plenty of time to work with the squad on his way of doing things, a match a week to build on this, players getting good rest & recovery! Obviously there’s going to be busy periods as the season progresses, however with the squad rested and hopefully a few more wins under our belt, never know we could be in a good position to mount a late push to sneak in the Play-offs!

That’s exactly how I’m seeing it. Though you want to play the next game ASAP, especially after a couple of wins, this time between games is allowing KM to install his ideas on our squad and it’s certainly paying off. I don’t want to look too far ahead, but I really do sense there’s some momentum building and the players are starting to believe. A win at Bolton next week would be nice, we owe them one!

I’m disappointed…… on 10:13 - Jan 9 with 321 viewsWickets

For me having 4 really good strikers keen to get on the pitch plus Celina of course is amazing at this level .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024