Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our passing game today.. 09:53 - Oct 1 with 519 viewsDubtractor

I'll be interested to see how our passing game settles down today - I've seen every league game apart from Shrewsbury, and by some margin we've played a much neater passing game in the home games. We've bossed possession and played through the press etc in a way that we've rarely seen in the away matches.

It was very noticeable in the last two games especially that we were happy to go long much more often - which worked fine for the first 70 minutes or so in both games, but when we did come under the cosh it meant that we simply couldn't take the sting out of the game. It's not just those two tougher games though, Accrington, Forest Green, and Burton especially saw us lass able to impose our game in the same way as we have in all 4 home games.

Not sure whether this is just down to how away teams have set up at PR, or whether it has something to do with the pitch size/quality?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Our passing game today.. on 10:05 - Oct 1 with 457 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

I think is a combination of things. Yes, pitch has to be a factor. Personnel - I think we really missed the JD-Burns combo at Plymouth, also confidence is probably higher due to the home support at PR. That possession and slick passing is beautiful to watch, and just drains the confidence away from the opposition when they can't get near the ball.

Poll: would you rather

Our passing game today.. on 10:22 - Oct 1 with 427 viewsbluefunk

It is noticeable that we go longer in away games, which I think is partly to counter a more attacking intent from the opposition, and your point about the latter stages of the game dovetails with another point about the timing of the substitutions of the front players. KM appears wedded to replacing at least 2 of his front 4 around 60/65 minutes and at Plymouth it was after Ladapo left the field that we didn’t have an out ball, neither through him (and his physicality) nor wide via Jackson, (who needed a different service and was much less effective down the middle).

Let’s not forget also that we played two of the most inform teams on their own patch, but I was left thinking we had tactically contributed to our own downfall. I think we s
Our passing game today.. on 12:26 - Oct 1 with 341 viewsIllinoisblue

Our passing game today.. on 10:22 - Oct 1 by bluefunk

It is noticeable that we go longer in away games, which I think is partly to counter a more attacking intent from the opposition, and your point about the latter stages of the game dovetails with another point about the timing of the substitutions of the front players. KM appears wedded to replacing at least 2 of his front 4 around 60/65 minutes and at Plymouth it was after Ladapo left the field that we didn’t have an out ball, neither through him (and his physicality) nor wide via Jackson, (who needed a different service and was much less effective down the middle).

Let’s not forget also that we played two of the most inform teams on their own patch, but I was left thinking we had tactically contributed to our own downfall. I think we s

You make a good point about the subs on 60/65. Does seem like KMac is wedded to that, and certainly against the weaker L1 sides it has worked. It definitely didn’t work last week and it just seems a bit odd, here we are in Div 3. and saying to good players you’ll only get an hour.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024