Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charlton forum 13:04 - Oct 28 with 4140 viewsvilanovablue

https://intothevalley.proboards.com/thread/27133/home-ipswich-match-thread

I appreciate it's a small sample size but they really don't seem confident!
Charlton forum on 13:20 - Oct 28 with 3976 viewsFreddies_Ears

It won't be a walkover. They'll be set up either to press or drop deep, and we will have to work them hard whilst keeping our discipline. If we work hard enough first half (which hasn't always been a given lately), they will have to endure a really tough last 15 mins, tired legs v fresh legs.
I think we will win, but wouldn't be shocked by a 2-2 draw.
Charlton forum on 13:25 - Oct 28 with 3941 viewsclive_baker

Inniss got sent off on Tuesday, him missing is a bit of a blow to them. As much of a loose cannon he is I do think he's a decent defender. I would be quite happy to see Lavelle come in for him, if we can put him under the press we could have some joy.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Charlton forum on 13:46 - Oct 28 with 3806 viewsTheBoyBlue

I'll be amazed if it is as straightforward as they're making out. Obviously they're coming off the back of a pretty dreadful defeat and their fans won't be feeling very confident.

However, I'm guessing their players will be up for it and it'll only take us losing the ball after passing out of our penalty area and a couple of chances and a bit of pressure from it to get the confidence up for them.

If we win, I don't expect it to be easy.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Charlton forum on 13:50 - Oct 28 with 3755 viewsIllinoisblue

Charlton forum on 13:20 - Oct 28 by Freddies_Ears

It won't be a walkover. They'll be set up either to press or drop deep, and we will have to work them hard whilst keeping our discipline. If we work hard enough first half (which hasn't always been a given lately), they will have to endure a really tough last 15 mins, tired legs v fresh legs.
I think we will win, but wouldn't be shocked by a 2-2 draw.

They looked good v Pompey, but a strong start from us should be good and have them chasing the game

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Charlton forum on 13:56 - Oct 28 with 3667 viewsFrimleyBlue

Charlton forum on 13:46 - Oct 28 by TheBoyBlue

I'll be amazed if it is as straightforward as they're making out. Obviously they're coming off the back of a pretty dreadful defeat and their fans won't be feeling very confident.

However, I'm guessing their players will be up for it and it'll only take us losing the ball after passing out of our penalty area and a couple of chances and a bit of pressure from it to get the confidence up for them.

If we win, I don't expect it to be easy.

An early town goal would certainly keep the Valley quiet.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Charlton forum on 13:57 - Oct 28 with 3675 viewsRegencyBlue

Charlton forum on 13:50 - Oct 28 by Illinoisblue

They looked good v Pompey, but a strong start from us should be good and have them chasing the game

They did but then again Pompey are nowhere near as good as they think they are!

Think Charlton are very much a ‘how they turn up on the day’ sort of side this season. Let’s hope they don’t!
Charlton forum on 14:20 - Oct 28 with 3535 viewsBlueandTruesince82

How's Fraser getting on this season?

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Charlton forum on 14:36 - Oct 28 with 3424 viewsLankHenners

Losing midweek won't have helped the mood, always easier to be pessimistic after that, if we'd have drawn on Tuesday having led 2-0 there'd be a fair few on here getting worried.

That said, we should back ourselves to be the better team. They've got a very good home record and have got a pretty good side for this level all being told but they're unlikely to see as much of the ball as they do against other teams so will give them more of a test.

An early goal, keep it tight, find the 2nd and we'll be fine.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Login to get fewer ads

Charlton forum on 14:48 - Oct 28 with 3339 viewsBigCommon

Charlton forum on 14:20 - Oct 28 by BlueandTruesince82

Yeah, he's doing alright. A few assists lately.. He never looked comfortable under pressure, imo, when he was here. As long as we close him down well we should keep him quiet. But he's definitely a threat if we let him have his own way...
Charlton forum on 14:49 - Oct 28 with 3330 viewsHipsterectomy

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/94957/charlton-athletic-vs-ipswich-tow

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Charlton forum on 14:54 - Oct 28 with 3285 viewsvilanovablue

Charlton forum on 14:49 - Oct 28 by Hipsterectomy

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/94957/charlton-athletic-vs-ipswich-tow

Bit more detail there, cheers.
Charlton forum on 18:01 - Oct 28 with 2920 viewsTheBoyBlue

Charlton forum on 13:56 - Oct 28 by FrimleyBlue

An early town goal would certainly keep the Valley quiet.

If it works that way round then you're right. Hopefully that will be the case!

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Charlton forum on 18:22 - Oct 28 with 2851 viewsRozz

Charlton forum on 14:49 - Oct 28 by Hipsterectomy

"Garner is pathologically averse to playing to his squad's strengths - or at least playing to mitigate their weaknesses - clumsy defenders pissing around at the back"

Hope we get at 'em from KO. We've struggled to get our press going in the first halves of games lately, and I think getting into these lot early is key.
Charlton forum on 18:29 - Oct 28 with 2806 viewsJ2BLUE

I don't think we're going to have an easy game this season.

It will likely be much closer than they think and any win would be fantastic.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Charlton forum on 19:19 - Oct 28 with 2620 viewsNthQldITFC

He's doomed.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Charlton forum on 22:06 - Oct 28 with 2232 viewsdirtyboy

He’s been one of their better performers over past few games and impressing.

We all know how this goes.
Charlton forum on 22:28 - Oct 28 with 2137 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Charlton forum on 22:06 - Oct 28 by dirtyboy

He’s been one of their better performers over past few games and impressing.

We all know how this goes.

The same as it has done for Harrison, McGoldrick, etc? Let's hope so!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Charlton forum on 10:08 - Oct 29 with 1612 viewsBigCommon

Had a little nosey on their forum . They don't sound too confident.. If they represent the majority of Charlton fans, then it's hard to see them getting behind their players if they go behind.
They've been playing 4-4-2 lately, as well. If they stick to that and we play well, then I think we score a few. We absolutely dominated Pompey's 4-4-2 (The 3-2 score line flattered Pompey imo).
I know a lot of people would settle for a draw, given the 6 points from our last two games, would make it 7pts from 3 games, unbeaten.. But It's a good opportunity to get another 3pts imo. And keep the gap to third the same or if not bigger. With a relatively lighter work load next month. I'd like to see us throw everything into this one. Cap off a really good month.
Charlton forum on 10:37 - Oct 29 with 1510 viewsnorfsufblue

Charlton forum on 14:54 - Oct 28 by vilanovablue

Bit more detail there, cheers.

Sounds like they think they've got a good chance when we come flying at them?..... thats not really how we operate is it... we like to dominate the ball yes and nove teams around and prod and poke but don't really start really going at them till they start to lose their shape... it really depends on the oppositions discipline as to how early we get enough chances to get in front, ...has anyone really been brave enough to really go for us other than Plymouth... I really don't know .... I really still feel that we have more development to come and thatKM is actually still looking for the perfect balanced side.. the fact we change front 4 or 5 so much also highlights that nobody has nailed down a role up there...Pan Camara may soon become an extremely important addition to our squad imo
Charlton forum on 10:49 - Oct 29 with 1470 viewsBlueBadger

Charlton forum on 10:08 - Oct 29 by BigCommon

Had a little nosey on their forum . They don't sound too confident.. If they represent the majority of Charlton fans, then it's hard to see them getting behind their players if they go behind.
They've been playing 4-4-2 lately, as well. If they stick to that and we play well, then I think we score a few. We absolutely dominated Pompey's 4-4-2 (The 3-2 score line flattered Pompey imo).
I know a lot of people would settle for a draw, given the 6 points from our last two games, would make it 7pts from 3 games, unbeaten.. But It's a good opportunity to get another 3pts imo. And keep the gap to third the same or if not bigger. With a relatively lighter work load next month. I'd like to see us throw everything into this one. Cap off a really good month.

Busy c***

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024