Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some very nice Oxford Utd comments 14:25 - Dec 27 with 1729 viewscarlo88

From their forum today. Especially like the last sentance.

Ipswich look the best side I've seen at this level for years. I'm struggling to think of any squad as good since we've been in this division.

We didn’t help ourselves but I do agree. Certainly this season nobody comes close. They really mauled us after taking half an hour to settle down.

Endless firepower coming on which didn’t just see the game out, it kicked them on to score another.

I was really impressed with them. They looked the most balanced side I’ve seen in L1 for some time. Perhaps it was a good day for them but the Wigan’s, Rotherham’s of the world gave us much more opportunity than this Ipswich side.

Hull in 2020/21 absolutely battered us in both games (though we made off with a point at home - it was the beginning of our midseason run that led to the playoffs)
And Wigan and Blackburn in 2017/18 were both way too good for the division.

But Ipswich certainly looked to be up there with the likes of them.

Honestly, whilst last season there were 7-8 really top sides in this division (and therefore a playoff miss was understandable), based on what we've seen this season, Ipswich are the only really top side in the league, and then Plymouth are pretty good as well. Outside of those two, there's not a lot of quality.

Which makes it even more frustrating that we're fielding our worst side in the past five years.

I was there and for 25-30 minutes we played very well and looked more likely to score. Anderson, Taylor very close and keeper ( who was very good I thought) made a decent low parry from Bodin, who started well. Then they got more midfield control before McGinty’s fatal fumble. From then on they became very confident and frankly outplayed us. Browne’s early injury may not have helped the planned shape. 2ndhalf we were all over the place, trying to chase the game a d lost midfield though Morsy, Evans and Chaplin are quality at league 1 level. Once we had to resort to longer balls it became a doddle for the keeper and defence. I sadly think Matty’s legs have gone. They were fast and athletic. A very good side from back to front, where Ladapo led their line very well and left back Davis and Harness led Long a merry dance. They will be champions. Way better than Sheff W.
Some very nice Oxford Utd comments on 16:33 - Dec 27 with 1207 viewsGeoffSentence

in other comments they seemed rather agrieved about 'boring, boring Oxford' chants. That is a reputation they will have to live with though.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024