Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just think… if we won on Saturday and Plymouth lost to Pompey 16:06 - Feb 7 with 1986 viewsunstableblue

We’d be 3 points behind Plymouth, on the same number of games and with superior goal difference

And 3 points behind Sheff Weds, albeit they’d have a game in hand.

Puts it into perspective a little!!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Just think… if we won on Saturday and Plymouth lost to Pompey on 16:09 - Feb 7 with 1930 viewshype313

Add in Posh beating Bolton, Cambridge beating Barnsley and Wycombe beating Derby, think things might look a little rosier!

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Just think… if we won on Saturday and Plymouth lost to Pompey on 16:10 - Feb 7 with 1926 viewsunstableblue

Albeit another perspective is we are 13th in the form table with W1 D4 L1

How soon is now for run? Oh it’s Saturday!!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Just think… if we won on Saturday and Plymouth lost to Pompey on 16:16 - Feb 7 with 1876 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

I just can’t see us putting out a performance that will net us more than a draw. We have the talent in the team especially with the jan reinforcements, but I think confidence is lacking at the moment.

Earlier in the season our away form was incredible and we kept winning tough games even when making mistakes at the back. There was a belief amongst both players and fans that we could pull something out the bag for the 3 points. And in most games we did. Was hoping the arrival of big money window players would be the catalyst for a run. The okayers need to get that belief back.
Just think… if we won on Saturday and Plymouth lost to Pompey on 16:47 - Feb 7 with 1718 viewsIllinoisblue

As always it’s the hope that kills you.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Just think… if we won on Saturday and Plymouth lost to Pompey on 16:52 - Feb 7 with 1690 viewsCoastalblue

Just think… if we won on Saturday and Plymouth lost to Pompey on 16:16 - Feb 7 by SuperKieranMcKenna

I just can’t see us putting out a performance that will net us more than a draw. We have the talent in the team especially with the jan reinforcements, but I think confidence is lacking at the moment.

Earlier in the season our away form was incredible and we kept winning tough games even when making mistakes at the back. There was a belief amongst both players and fans that we could pull something out the bag for the 3 points. And in most games we did. Was hoping the arrival of big money window players would be the catalyst for a run. The okayers need to get that belief back.

It only takes one little bit of luck to drop our way and we could be back in that place. It's not like we're getting battered in games, or had players playing out of their skins in freak purple patches.
If anything the current malaise is more like the freak run of performances and we could very easily go back to picking up regular wins and confidence growing again.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Just think… if we won on Saturday and Plymouth lost to Pompey on 17:35 - Feb 7 with 1462 viewsEastTownBlue

Just think… if we won on Saturday and Plymouth lost to Pompey on 16:52 - Feb 7 by Coastalblue

It only takes one little bit of luck to drop our way and we could be back in that place. It's not like we're getting battered in games, or had players playing out of their skins in freak purple patches.
If anything the current malaise is more like the freak run of performances and we could very easily go back to picking up regular wins and confidence growing again.

I would like to think that an injury time winner on Saturday, whether it is from a thunderbolt or an own goal, would do wonders for the team and supporters.
Just think… if we won on Saturday and Plymouth lost to Pompey on 17:42 - Feb 7 with 1417 viewsbackwaywhen

Just think ……. If my auntie had B#locks she would be my uncle ! Just saying .
Just think… if we won on Saturday and Plymouth lost to Pompey on 17:47 - Feb 7 with 1395 viewsstrikalite

Just think… if we won on Saturday and Plymouth lost to Pompey on 17:35 - Feb 7 by EastTownBlue

I would like to think that an injury time winner on Saturday, whether it is from a thunderbolt or an own goal, would do wonders for the team and supporters.

When was the last time we scored an injury time winner? Good sides keep banging on the door right until the final whistle, they make their luck, think about that lot up the road in yellow when they're at the top, how many late LATE goals did they score...

Did we even look like scoring a late winner on Saturday? I just don't see the absolute desperation in our play to force it..
Login to get fewer ads

Just think… if we won on Saturday and Plymouth lost to Pompey on 17:48 - Feb 7 with 1390 viewsWestSussexBlue

And this is why I don’t understand those that are giving up easily on the team.
As I said in a previous post, 6 points is nothing when it’s not even mid February.
Different story if it’s 6 points come mid April. We’ve had some poor results admittedly but they’re only poor results if come the end of the season they make the difference. I happen to think the draw at Pompey was a good one. The result at Oxford was farcical and having played poorly at Cambridge in the first half, we had to haul ourselves back and gain a point. Not ideal but it took us a point closer to Argyle. This season has a long way to run and we are very much in this race for Automatic promotion.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2023 17:49]
Just think… if we won on Saturday and Plymouth lost to Pompey on 17:51 - Feb 7 with 1356 viewsMckenna1263

What if has been the story of Ipswich this and other seasons.
Just think… if we won on Saturday and Plymouth lost to Pompey on 17:57 - Feb 7 with 1304 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Just think… if we won on Saturday and Plymouth lost to Pompey on 17:48 - Feb 7 by WestSussexBlue

And this is why I don’t understand those that are giving up easily on the team.
As I said in a previous post, 6 points is nothing when it’s not even mid February.
Different story if it’s 6 points come mid April. We’ve had some poor results admittedly but they’re only poor results if come the end of the season they make the difference. I happen to think the draw at Pompey was a good one. The result at Oxford was farcical and having played poorly at Cambridge in the first half, we had to haul ourselves back and gain a point. Not ideal but it took us a point closer to Argyle. This season has a long way to run and we are very much in this race for Automatic promotion.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2023 17:49]

“And this is why I don’t understand those that are giving up easily on the team.
As I said in a previous post, 6 points is nothing when it’s not even mid February.”

I was of the same view, BUT we keep hoping going back a few weeks and it’s not happened. As someone else says it’s the hope that kills you. The clock is ticking.
Just think… if we won on Saturday and Plymouth lost to Pompey on 17:57 - Feb 7 with 1303 viewsJ2BLUE

Portsmouth are very, very average.

I think Plymouth will easily brush them aside.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Just think… if we won on Saturday and Plymouth lost to Pompey on 18:00 - Feb 7 with 1258 viewsEastTownBlue

Just think… if we won on Saturday and Plymouth lost to Pompey on 17:47 - Feb 7 by strikalite

When was the last time we scored an injury time winner? Good sides keep banging on the door right until the final whistle, they make their luck, think about that lot up the road in yellow when they're at the top, how many late LATE goals did they score...

Did we even look like scoring a late winner on Saturday? I just don't see the absolute desperation in our play to force it..

Fleetwood October 2021 is the last one that I can recall.
Just think… if we won on Saturday and Plymouth lost to Pompey on 18:11 - Feb 7 with 1199 viewspositivity

Just think… if we won on Saturday and Plymouth lost to Pompey on 16:09 - Feb 7 by hype313

Add in Posh beating Bolton, Cambridge beating Barnsley and Wycombe beating Derby, think things might look a little rosier!

you'd still get someone moaning that posh are hitting form!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Just think… if we won on Saturday and Plymouth lost to Pompey on 18:18 - Feb 7 with 1154 viewsbazza

Just think… if we won on Saturday and Plymouth lost to Pompey on 16:09 - Feb 7 by hype313

Throw me in a lottery win, and that would be shamazing !!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024