Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I've long said that MD is Private Eye's best columnist. 16:31 - Feb 19 with 3578 viewsBlueBadger

He's knocked it out of the park here with this demolition of several covid and vaccine myths.

https://www.private-eye.co.uk/issue-1592/columnists?fbclid=IwAR36VxcAkB4O12ILO0x

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I've long said that MD is Private Eye's best columnist. on 16:39 - Feb 19 with 2655 viewsDJR

Absolutely. He's been fantastic throughout the pandemic, and equally damning of all the damage the Tories have done to the NHS.

The excellent thing about Private Eye is that it does not have a political stance, so it calls out all parties, companies and individuals, and what it says is much closer to the truth than much of the rest of the media. And in my view, it is the only true investigative organs (to use one of its favourite words) in the UK these days.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2023 17:49]
I've long said that MD is Private Eye's best columnist. on 17:45 - Feb 19 with 2539 viewsRyorry

Do we know the name of the person behind the MD initials?

And Badger, do you think there's likely to be a booster in the UK for over-65s & vulnerable people this spring?

Poll: Time of the annunciation

I've long said that MD is Private Eye's best columnist. on 18:09 - Feb 19 with 2503 viewsfactual_blue

I've long said that MD is Private Eye's best columnist. on 17:45 - Feb 19 by Ryorry

And Badger, do you think there's likely to be a booster in the UK for over-65s & vulnerable people this spring?

It's Dr Phil Hammond.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phil_Hammond

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

I've long said that MD is Private Eye's best columnist. on 18:12 - Feb 19 with 2483 viewsBrianTablet

I've long said that MD is Private Eye's best columnist. on 18:09 - Feb 19 by factual_blue

It's Dr Phil Hammond.

Luckily not Dr Phil Ham MD.

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

I've long said that MD is Private Eye's best columnist. on 18:13 - Feb 19 with 2469 viewsRyorry

I've long said that MD is Private Eye's best columnist. on 18:09 - Feb 19 by factual_blue

It's Dr Phil Hammond.

Ah, cheers, know him a bit from several BBC radio & TV shows - good guy 👍

Poll: Time of the annunciation

I've long said that MD is Private Eye's best columnist. on 18:15 - Feb 19 with 2456 viewsDJR

I've long said that MD is Private Eye's best columnist. on 18:12 - Feb 19 by BrianTablet

Or Phil Hammond, the former Chancellor, who never struck me as having a bedside manner.
I've long said that MD is Private Eye's best columnist. on 18:18 - Feb 19 with 2443 viewsBrianTablet

I've long said that MD is Private Eye's best columnist. on 18:15 - Feb 19 by DJR

Or Phil Hammond, the former Chancellor, who never struck me as having a bedside manner.

But who now owns a large Bedfordshire manor, no doubt.

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

I've long said that MD is Private Eye's best columnist. on 18:20 - Feb 19 with 2429 viewsFromReuserWithLove

But what does Matt Le Tissier think?
Login to get fewer ads

I've long said that MD is Private Eye's best columnist. on 19:12 - Feb 19 with 2328 viewsHARRY10

I've long said that MD is Private Eye's best columnist. on 18:20 - Feb 19 by FromReuserWithLove

But what does Matt Le Tissier think?

Does Matt Le Tissier think?
I've long said that MD is Private Eye's best columnist. on 10:10 - Feb 20 with 2044 viewsDJR

I've long said that MD is Private Eye's best columnist. on 17:45 - Feb 19 by Ryorry

The following (updated on 27 January 2023) show JCVI advice for an autumn booster in 2023, presumably for those who got one last autumn, but also advice for a spring 2023 booster for a smaller group of persons (such as persons of older age and those who are immunosuppressed).

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-vaccination-programme-for-20

I am not sure if that smaller group has been identified or the spring programme announced, but will do some more digging.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2023 10:11]
I've long said that MD is Private Eye's best columnist. on 10:23 - Feb 20 with 2015 viewsDJR

I've long said that MD is Private Eye's best columnist. on 10:10 - Feb 20 by DJR

The following (updated on 27 January 2023) show JCVI advice for an autumn booster in 2023, presumably for those who got one last autumn, but also advice for a spring 2023 booster for a smaller group of persons (such as persons of older age and those who are immunosuppressed).

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-vaccination-programme-for-20

I am not sure if that smaller group has been identified or the spring programme announced, but will do some more digging.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2023 10:11]

The following article suggests people over 50 could be eligible for the spring boosters, but final advice appears yet to have been issued.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/spring-covid-booster-when-who-eligible-jcvi-b
I've long said that MD is Private Eye's best columnist. on 10:38 - Feb 20 with 1992 viewsPhilTWTD

I've long said that MD is Private Eye's best columnist. on 18:12 - Feb 19 by BrianTablet

Harsh from someone who claims their surname is Tablet.
I've long said that MD is Private Eye's best columnist. on 10:41 - Feb 20 with 1988 viewsSlimitfc91

I know 2 people that died of a heart attack within days of having a Covid vaccine, both of these people were fit and healthy, both cases may be totally unrelated to the vaccine, I have a perfectly good immune system in my body, I will not be having any vaccine.
Two of my mates.... on 10:48 - Feb 20 with 1959 viewsBloots

I've long said that MD is Private Eye's best columnist. on 10:41 - Feb 20 by Slimitfc91

I know 2 people that died of a heart attack within days of having a Covid vaccine, both of these people were fit and healthy, both cases may be totally unrelated to the vaccine, I have a perfectly good immune system in my body, I will not be having any vaccine.

....,one a very close mate, died from Covid before the vaccine was available.

Both cases were totally related to contracting Covid.

If the vaccine had been available they would have been alive now.

Your post contains spurious conjecture, mine doesn't.

Good luck.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Two of my mates.... on 10:54 - Feb 20 with 1937 viewsSlimitfc91

Two of my mates.... on 10:48 - Feb 20 by Bloots

Good luck.

There are 2 sides to every story, fortunately we live in a country where there is freedom of choice, good luck to you also
And some stories.... on 11:00 - Feb 20 with 1917 viewsBloots

Two of my mates.... on 10:54 - Feb 20 by Slimitfc91

There are 2 sides to every story, fortunately we live in a country where there is freedom of choice, good luck to you also

....are works of fiction.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Two of my mates.... on 11:08 - Feb 20 with 1903 viewsDJR

Absolutely. And which is why the Covid vaccine is not compulsory.

What I am curious to know with people who object to the Covid vaccine, is whether they have taken a different line in relation other vaccines, and whether by analogy they would, for example, not give the normal childhood vaccines to their children, all of which presumably have some sort of risk?

After all, it is only with vaccines that some pretty dangerous childhood illnesses, which were about when I was growing up, have been largely eliminated in this country.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2023 11:10]
I've long said that MD is Private Eye's best columnist. on 11:22 - Feb 20 with 1861 viewsSwansea_Blue

I've long said that MD is Private Eye's best columnist. on 10:41 - Feb 20 by Slimitfc91

They were exceedingly unlucky, even if there was a link, which there may not have been. But as DJR has already said no vaccine is without risk, so yes there's always a tiny risk (as there is with everything we do). The vaccines are obviously far less risky than not having them, but I can see how someone wouldn't see it that way after seeing negative impacts first hand.

Your 'perfectly good immune system' comment is ridiculous though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Two of my mates.... on 13:22 - Feb 20 with 1756 viewsEnigma_Blue

Two of my mates.... on 10:48 - Feb 20 by Bloots

Good luck.

Your post does actually contain conjecture. The vaccines don't give 100% efficacy and the efficacy wears off after time. Some people have died of or with covid(not many) even after having a vaccines. So there is no way of knowing if your mate would still be alive now had the vaccine been available at the time.
You could argue that your mate would have had a much better chance of surviving if he had the vaccine which is fair enough.
Anyway sorry for your loss.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2023 13:23]
And some stories.... on 14:37 - Feb 20 with 1610 viewsSlimitfc91

And some stories.... on 11:00 - Feb 20 by Bloots

....are works of fiction.

You carry on being a sheep, I will use my own mind , baaaaaa, baaaaaa
Two of my mates.... on 14:56 - Feb 20 with 1553 viewsKievthegreat

We do have freedom of choice and it is 100% your right to make stupid choices!
Two of my mates.... on 15:09 - Feb 20 with 1490 viewsSlimitfc91

Two of my mates.... on 14:56 - Feb 20 by Kievthegreat

We do have freedom of choice and it is 100% your right to make stupid choices!

And yet miraculously, I’m still alive
And some stories.... on 15:14 - Feb 20 with 1481 viewseireblue

And some stories.... on 14:37 - Feb 20 by Slimitfc91

You carry on being a sheep, I will use my own mind , baaaaaa, baaaaaa

But do you though? Have you personally conducted all the science, and performed all the autopsies?

Or do you use the minds of other people, and assess what they say.

Why does that make you any less of a sheep, than someone else that uses other peoples work and results, and then makes assessments using their mind.

You are just in a different flock.
Two of my mates.... on 15:18 - Feb 20 with 1458 viewsKievthegreat

Two of my mates.... on 15:09 - Feb 20 by Slimitfc91

And yet miraculously, I’m still alive

That's because stupidity is not a fatal condition. Just a terribly debilitating one.
Two of my mates.... on 15:21 - Feb 20 with 1435 viewsSlimitfc91

Two of my mates.... on 15:18 - Feb 20 by Kievthegreat

That's because stupidity is not a fatal condition. Just a terribly debilitating one.

You carry on getting jabbed if it makes you happy, there is a reason why Pfizer wanted to delay their vaccine data going public for 75 years
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024