Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thought Wednesday had already won the league? 14:53 - Mar 26 with 1680 viewsTractorCam

Get in FGR!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Thought Wednesday had already won the league? on 14:59 - Mar 26 with 1569 viewsBigCommon

This is why we love football.... You can do all the clever stats, maths and predictions. And then this sort of thing happens...
Not only have SW dropped points. But I'm sure a result like this, will go some way, to ensuring that our lads stay focused and take no team for granted for the remainder of the season.... What a season this is turning out to be. Got to just enjoy the ride.
Thought Wednesday had already won the league? on 15:03 - Mar 26 with 1528 viewsStewart27

And people wanted them to win on Tuesday!
Thought Wednesday had already won the league? on 15:06 - Mar 26 with 1498 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Remarkable how quickly form can change and fragile confidence can be.

They have 4 matches between now and Monday 10 April. We have 3 matches in that time. It could be a very different picture by the final whistle on that day.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Thought Wednesday had already won the league? on 15:06 - Mar 26 with 1489 viewsVic

Thought Wednesday had already won the league? on 15:03 - Mar 26 by Stewart27

It was a reasonable enough thing at the time. It looked for all the world that they were long gone into the league winners sunset. No could reasonable expected a result like todays.

Really is all the play for and may the best team win.

Come on Town - don’t be the ones to blink!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Thought Wednesday had already won the league? on 15:11 - Mar 26 with 1423 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

And it must give huge hope now to Cheltenham, Oxford, Bristol Rovers and Shrewsbury all of whom have home games in April against Wednesday. Those games have suddenly gotten much harder.

Poll: would you rather

Thought Wednesday had already won the league? on 15:14 - Mar 26 with 1345 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Thought Wednesday had already won the league? on 15:11 - Mar 26 by LegendofthePhoenix

And it must give huge hope now to Cheltenham, Oxford, Bristol Rovers and Shrewsbury all of whom have home games in April against Wednesday. Those games have suddenly gotten much harder.

None of those have ever been easy places to go to. We took 4 points from those fixtures thanks to winning at Shrewsbury who have a decent home record (and still have Cheltenham to go).

Thought Wednesday had already won the league? on 15:16 - Mar 26 with 1316 viewsEastTownBlue

They have gone, ignore them. Not anymore.
Thought Wednesday had already won the league? on 15:17 - Mar 26 with 1297 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Thought Wednesday had already won the league? on 15:16 - Mar 26 by EastTownBlue

They have gone, ignore them. Not anymore.

I think a lot of their fans think they have gone after their last two results.

Login to get fewer ads

Thought Wednesday had already won the league? on 15:19 - Mar 26 with 1258 viewsChurchman

I confess - I did! I thought it was glass of sparkly, fat cigar and packing for the hols for them. I thought they were unbeatable. Nailed on. Ooops. Just shows nothing is guaranteed.
Thought Wednesday had already won the league? on 15:32 - Mar 26 with 1142 viewstonybied

Exactly, I felt like I was p*ssing in the wind trying to point out it was a great result for us on here the other day! Everybody was too worried about the form of a team below us to see what is happening above, automatic promotion is close to being in our own hands again!
[Post edited 26 Mar 2023 15:34]
Thought Wednesday had already won the league? on 15:44 - Mar 26 with 1011 viewsVic

Thought Wednesday had already won the league? on 15:32 - Mar 26 by tonybied

Exactly, I felt like I was p*ssing in the wind trying to point out it was a great result for us on here the other day! Everybody was too worried about the form of a team below us to see what is happening above, automatic promotion is close to being in our own hands again!
[Post edited 26 Mar 2023 15:34]

Did you honestly expect them to lose today?

Thought Wednesday had already won the league? on 15:50 - Mar 26 with 941 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Thought Wednesday had already won the league? on 15:44 - Mar 26 by Vic

Isn't that part of the point though?

There are no easy games, past form does not always predict future performance and games in hand do not equal 3 ppg (or even necessarily 1 or 2 ppg). Plenty of minor twists and turns to go over 8 matches.

Thought Wednesday had already won the league? on 15:50 - Mar 26 with 934 viewsChurchman

I didn’t see the game but if what I’ve read is correct, Wednesday got what they deserved. The result against Barnsley wasn’t a huge surprise, but this was.
Thought Wednesday had already won the league? on 15:50 - Mar 26 with 929 viewstonybied

I didn't think they would lose today but I pointed out that their run in has more of a possibility of dropped points than Plymouths does. Even more so now they've lost this one. I also pointed out that they have not being playing particularly well recently but the luck has been falling their way and that 1-0's for them could quickly turn into 1-0's against them if that luck dries up and the jitters creep in.
Thought Wednesday had already won the league? on 16:04 - Mar 26 with 803 viewsVic

Thought Wednesday had already won the league? on 15:50 - Mar 26 by tonybied

I didn't think they would lose today but I pointed out that their run in has more of a possibility of dropped points than Plymouths does. Even more so now they've lost this one. I also pointed out that they have not being playing particularly well recently but the luck has been falling their way and that 1-0's for them could quickly turn into 1-0's against them if that luck dries up and the jitters creep in.

Fair do’s. Personally, I’d still have preferred a draw between SWFC and the Tykes.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024