Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I know Ipswich gets some bad press but Peterborough 09:44 - Apr 24 with 1659 viewsWoolfenthen

good god that place really is a sh*thole isnt it, terrible ground as well and zero noise from their fans
I know Ipswich gets some bad press but Peterborough on 10:11 - Apr 24 with 1491 viewsDJR

It's surprisingly nice in and around the cathedral, which I visited before the game.
I know Ipswich gets some bad press but Peterborough on 10:25 - Apr 24 with 1394 viewsHighgateBlue

I know Ipswich gets some bad press but Peterborough on 10:11 - Apr 24 by DJR

It's surprisingly nice in and around the cathedral, which I visited before the game.

Yeah Katherine of Aragon has been there for hundreds of years, and you don't hear a peep of a complaint out of her...
I know Ipswich gets some bad press but Peterborough on 10:53 - Apr 24 with 1271 viewsStewart27

Thought the town centre was really nice.

Yeah the ground is rubbish but they are a league one club.

Proper away day too. Walk from the station to Charters. Then a short walk to the ground. Couldn’t have gone any better.
I know Ipswich gets some bad press but Peterborough on 10:57 - Apr 24 with 1241 viewsbrazil1982

Have you been to Accrington?
I know Ipswich gets some bad press but Peterborough on 11:09 - Apr 24 with 1155 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

I know Ipswich gets some bad press but Peterborough on 10:57 - Apr 24 by brazil1982

Have you been to Accrington?

Barnsley will be a nice experience for you
I know Ipswich gets some bad press but Peterborough on 11:21 - Apr 24 with 1089 viewsronnyd

When my missus was more mobile, the walk from the hotel at Thorpe Wood to the the town, along by the rowing lake and then the Nene, was great.
Also a pint int the Boathouse pub was a nice little break too, both there and back.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2023 11:27]
I know Ipswich gets some bad press but Peterborough on 12:19 - Apr 24 with 874 viewsOldFart71

That's as maybe. But Carrot Road isn't that great for a team that has been in and out of the Premier league for several season and at least we have a prominent up to date sponser not like the Budgies who have a hasbeen chef/cook, a luny Labour MP and a guy who advertises Sainsbury's like it's something special.
I know Ipswich gets some bad press but Peterborough on 12:24 - Apr 24 with 837 viewsBlueStreak

Na it was fine, pubs near the station, places to get some food and then Charters on the way to the ground. I would say that ticks almost all the boxes.

Behind the goal wasn't too bad either and easy enough to get a couple of beers at half time.

could have done with a few more trains on the day but that is GA for you.

9.5/10 day.
Login to get fewer ads

I know Ipswich gets some bad press but Peterborough on 12:33 - Apr 24 with 797 viewsSteve_M

I know Ipswich gets some bad press but Peterborough on 10:53 - Apr 24 by Stewart27

Thought the town centre was really nice.

Yeah the ground is rubbish but they are a league one club.

Proper away day too. Walk from the station to Charters. Then a short walk to the ground. Couldn’t have gone any better.

It’s a slightly odd place, bits of it are really nice and bits rather less so. Even the ground is 50% decent, 50% fire hazard. And plenty of good options for pubs too plus an easy journey from London.

All of that makes it a decent away day even without the match.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I know Ipswich gets some bad press but Peterborough on 13:03 - Apr 24 with 685 viewsFoD_Blue

Could have done with some more leg room in the seats at the side of the pitch.
If they had forced us to sit down, I wouldn't have physically been able to. I'm hardly a colossus at 6'3".
Terrible ground, but what an atmosphere!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024