Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nick Powell 18:35 - May 16 with 4248 viewscressi

One in four goal ratio aged 29 midfielder just released from Stoke a maybe ?
Nick Powell on 18:43 - May 16 with 3289 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Don't see it. Stacked in MF as it is.

Was bit of a wonder kid that didn't quite live up to the hype wasn't he?

Rather we just signed Masimo

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Nick Powell on 19:30 - May 16 with 3166 viewsbluestandard

Would be a no brainer if it wasn’t for his injury record. One of the best in the division when fit.
Nick Powell on 19:35 - May 16 with 3139 viewsGlasgowBlue

Nick Powell on 18:43 - May 16 by BlueandTruesince82

Are we? Harper will be moved on, more than likely Evans will follow, El Miz and Humphreys will be sent out on loan, Luongo hasn't signed yet and both he and Morsy are the wrong side of 30, Dom Ball has had an injury ravaged season, likewise Camara.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Nick Powell on 19:56 - May 16 with 3042 viewsChurchman

So we are scraping around for a 29 year old injury prone midfielder who’s just been binned by 16th placed Stoke.

The days of Evans are gone. We can look a little higher than Stoke’s leavings now and hopefully we will.
Nick Powell on 20:08 - May 16 with 2990 viewsStewart27

Nick Powell on 19:35 - May 16 by GlasgowBlue

Are we? Harper will be moved on, more than likely Evans will follow, El Miz and Humphreys will be sent out on loan, Luongo hasn't signed yet and both he and Morsy are the wrong side of 30, Dom Ball has had an injury ravaged season, likewise Camara.

I don’t get the Evans thing.

He was out POTS before his injury.

We don’t have another midfielder like him with his attributes.
Nick Powell on 20:22 - May 16 with 2966 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Nick Powell on 19:35 - May 16 by GlasgowBlue

Harper certainly.

Dom Ball has just suffered the only real injury he's had, nit exactly injury prone thus far.

Evans, we don't know. If he goes I think we'll look younger than Nick Powell.

El Miz is probably off but nowhere near the 1st team

Camara again who's to say but until such time as injured again os certainly here to compete.

Luongo is 30 so a year older than Powell, Morsy 31 so 2 years older and if we don't now go for Luongo id hope we have someone pretty exciting comming in.

No guarantee Cam goes out on loan, maybe he does but

8 players for 2 positions 4 of them can go and we're still well stocked.

If 4 went we'd surley bring 1 in. Taylor? Another, don't see it being Nick Powell.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Nick Powell on 13:17 - May 17 with 2525 viewsGlasgowBlue

Nick Powell on 20:08 - May 16 by Stewart27

Hasn't completed a season since he's been here. Same with Fridge.

Good players but can't afford to pin our hopes on players with a poo injury record.

Iron Lion Zion

Nick Powell on 13:19 - May 17 with 2510 viewstractorboy1978

Nick Powell on 13:17 - May 17 by GlasgowBlue

Hasn't completed a season since he's been here. Same with Fridge.

Good players but can't afford to pin our hopes on players with a poo injury record.

He's also not mobile or athletic enough for the Championship IMO. He'd have been eaten alive in last nights game and that's a good indicator of what we have to come.
Login to get fewer ads

Nick Powell on 13:20 - May 17 with 2508 viewsStokieBlue

He's not a midfielder and you're about a decade too late.

3 more months.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Nick Powell on 13:20 - May 17 with 2499 viewschicoazul

Jewell tried to sign him once.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Nick Powell on 13:22 - May 17 with 2488 viewschicoazul

Nick Powell on 18:43 - May 16 by BlueandTruesince82

We have Morsy Ball Evans and Humph. Evans and Ball have both had very bad injuries and Humph is a kid. Expect at least two and probably three in the door in CM.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Nick Powell on 13:38 - May 17 with 2405 viewsBiGDonnie

Nick Powell on 13:20 - May 17 by StokieBlue

3 more months.

SB

Powell can do one. Still not forgiven him for choosing United over Jewells Ipswich way back when he was a youth at Crewe
[Post edited 17 May 2023 13:39]

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Nick Powell on 13:46 - May 17 with 2351 viewsDanTheMan

Nick Powell on 13:19 - May 17 by tractorboy1978

He's also not mobile or athletic enough for the Championship IMO. He'd have been eaten alive in last nights game and that's a good indicator of what we have to come.

Just to chuck on more things, we've already got two aging centre midfielders. I imagine anyone else we sign in that position will be on the younger side.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Nick Powell on 13:59 - May 17 with 2299 viewsGlasgowBlue

Nick Powell on 13:46 - May 17 by DanTheMan

Just to chuck on more things, we've already got two aging centre midfielders. I imagine anyone else we sign in that position will be on the younger side.

Jack Taylor fits that profile.

Iron Lion Zion

Nick Powell on 14:05 - May 17 with 2279 viewsJ2BLUE

Nick Powell on 13:20 - May 17 by StokieBlue

3 more months.

SB

Bit unfair. People are going to throw names out there and at least this one is realistic, even if it is very unlikely we would be interested.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Nick Powell on 14:05 - May 17 with 2275 viewsDanTheMan

Nick Powell on 13:59 - May 17 by GlasgowBlue

Jack Taylor fits that profile.

He certainly does, it's why I've got my fingers crossed Peterborough don't get promoted.

Nick Powell on 14:12 - May 17 with 2213 viewsStokieBlue

Nick Powell on 14:05 - May 17 by J2BLUE

Bit unfair. People are going to throw names out there and at least this one is realistic, even if it is very unlikely we would be interested.

You think it's realistic?

How does a 29 year old journeyman (which is what he is now, not the 17 year old wonderkid) who isn't good enough for a fairly poor Stoke side fit into the methodology we have clearly seen from the club?

He's also not a midfielder.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Nick Powell on 14:22 - May 17 with 2180 viewsJ2BLUE

Nick Powell on 14:12 - May 17 by StokieBlue

How does a 29 year old journeyman (which is what he is now, not the 17 year old wonderkid) who isn't good enough for a fairly poor Stoke side fit into the methodology we have clearly seen from the club?

SB

Realistic as in we could probably get him if we wanted him. I'm not suggesting he would be a target but compared to some of the ridiculous names being mentioned...

Truly impaired.

Nick Powell on 14:26 - May 17 with 2156 viewsNthQldITFC

Nick Powell on 20:08 - May 16 by Stewart27

I agree. The thing is we have seen how well our system worked at the top of the third division for three months with two physically imposing players (who can also play a bit) in there in Morsy and Luongo.

It's quite natural to think that that system will work well in the second division, and it would be my preferred way to play having seen how well it works for us, but there might well be games that require a Morsy or a Luongo, plus a deeper lying ball-sprayer who perhaps doesn't have quite as good an engine or is as physical.

Then Evans is a really good candidate, as perhaps is a slightly more developed Humphreys. Or indeed Camara as an advanced ball runner with a Morsy/Luongo behind.

I'd definitely keep Evans as an option myself.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Nick Powell on 14:36 - May 17 with 2106 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Nick Powell on 14:12 - May 17 by StokieBlue

SB

He’s had 4 permanent clubs, whilst in January we signed 30 year old Massimo Luongo (5 permanent clubs) after he’d failed to make a single appearance for Middlesbrough in half a season

I don’t think Powell will be a target but it’s nowhere near as ridiculous as you’re saying, and contrary to popular belief our strategy over the past couple of years hasn’t just been younger long term signings so it’s entirely feasible, possibly even likely, that someone with his kind of profile may arrive

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Nick Powell on 14:54 - May 17 with 2022 viewsmrfixit426

Ethan Galbraith has just been released by Man Utd. He fits the mould of a McKenna/Ashton signing. Young, technically very good with an excellent grounding at a Premier League club. I don't normally enter into these "we could sign this guy" conversations, but that caught my eye when the news was released.

Also, I had him on Football Manager and he was excellent..............😂
Nick Powell on 15:03 - May 17 with 1977 viewsDanTheMan

Nick Powell on 14:36 - May 17 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

He’s had 4 permanent clubs, whilst in January we signed 30 year old Massimo Luongo (5 permanent clubs) after he’d failed to make a single appearance for Middlesbrough in half a season

I don’t think Powell will be a target but it’s nowhere near as ridiculous as you’re saying, and contrary to popular belief our strategy over the past couple of years hasn’t just been younger long term signings so it’s entirely feasible, possibly even likely, that someone with his kind of profile may arrive

We've obviously not just signed players who are young, as you say Luongo obviously doesn't fit that mould.

But we only tend to sign players that either can plug a hole like Luongo did or have some level of resale value like Ladapo and Harness would.

If Powell was released and we needed backup for the position he plays in, I could see us going for someone like him potentially. But we've already got 2 midfielders over 30, can't imagine we want to throw even more in the mix.

Nick Powell on 15:05 - May 17 with 1965 viewsJ2BLUE

Nick Powell on 15:03 - May 17 by DanTheMan

We've obviously not just signed players who are young, as you say Luongo obviously doesn't fit that mould.

But we only tend to sign players that either can plug a hole like Luongo did or have some level of resale value like Ladapo and Harness would.

If Powell was released and we needed backup for the position he plays in, I could see us going for someone like him potentially. But we've already got 2 midfielders over 30, can't imagine we want to throw even more in the mix.

Edit the midfielder bit before Stokie sees it

Truly impaired.

Nick Powell on 15:07 - May 17 with 1957 viewshype313

Can't see it personally, but it's not as outrageous of a shout as I have seen....

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Nick Powell on 15:16 - May 17 with 1913 viewsDanTheMan

Nick Powell on 15:05 - May 17 by J2BLUE

Edit the midfielder bit before Stokie sees it

To be fair, I guess he doesn't play where Morsy and Luongo currently do, so he'd be competing with Chaplin, Broadhead etc.

If we got rid of Harness (who probably won't make the step up) then maybe he'd be someone we look at to bring on as a sub but I cannot see Powell wanting to do that.

As hype just put it, it's not the craziest suggestion we've seen by far.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024